NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

12 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I guess it’s too late but in the previous games you just pressed A whilst not holding any items. 

Can confirm that this is still the way of doing so, I got some two days ago.

Still not managed to bag a tarantula. However, last night I finally succeeded only to find my pockets full and I was unable to swap  anything as I was stood in the middle of the plaza and you can’t dump items there. :cry:

Fuck my luck :laughing:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weird 2

Just got some shooting stars myself. :yay:

I managed to pay of the 550k loan for my house upgrade but it required a little help. I hate how the shop shuts so early and I needed an extra hour or so to get the funds together so that I could start my next upgrade before tomorrow. Luckily, one of my mates has the game and I asked him to lend me 100k so I could pay Nook off tonight. He was happy to help and i've already made his money back and with a bit of interest thanks to the bug hunting that i'm on doing. It's gonna be a pain in the backside selling them all in the morning.

It was hilarious reading my text to him. I sounded like a proper crack addict. "I'm totally good for the money. Please, can you just hook me up this one time?"

giphy.gif

My mate said if I didn't pay him back in the morning that he would go all Stewie Griffin on me...

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

I put the shop down, I'd have preferred it at (roughly) the same spot as the current one, but it'll have to do. I think I can relocate the buildings later if needed.

Are tiger beetles rare? I've never seen them in other games, and I've only noticed a few of them. It was the beetle I couldn't catch before. I have a spare if anyone wants it.

I have a meteorite shower, so I'm seeing (and hearing) shooting stars constantly. And yes, it's the same. Look up, don't hold anything, and press A. You get Nook miles for it. And I googled it, and got spoiled. Apparently you'll get something else as well eventually.

I also met Wisp this evening. Luckily there were no spirit parts on the hills.

Edited by Sméagol

Bah! There's a restriction of being able to send only 2 letter a day per person. That's a bit rubbish. :( 

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Bah! There's a restriction of being able to send only 2 letter a day per person. That's a bit rubbish. :( 

Restrictions regarding online features in a Nintendo game? This is a new one :p 

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

My biggest question is why you needed to send 3 letters to the same person in one day?

• Like 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

My biggest question is why you needed to send 3 letters to the same person in one day?

Pen pal bants.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Pen pal bants.

Aw, see, now I'm sad about the restriction. Before hand, I never saw me needing to write more than 2 letters.

Just spent an hour trying to catch two fish. Realized 2 minutes ago that they can be found from 4pm-9am instead of 4am-9pm.

Gonna stab me in the eyes, be right back.

• Haha 2

The Vegan Guide to Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Is Tom Nook Exploiting you?

Tom Nook is a tanooki, a racoon dog. Racoon dogs are often killed their fur. Tom Nook’s family may have been beaten, anally electrocuted to death, gassed, or skinned alive. Cut him some slack.

I wish I was this creative writing comedy :laughing: 

PETA is dead serious with this, though...

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 2

These random islands ain't that random. Just been to two of them and they were the exact same two I was on yesterday. :mad:

I have some spare Tarantulas by the way, caught yesterday. For those having trouble with them.

I'll go check out my town now, the museum should be open, so I can finally get rid of all my fish.

I'll probably do a longer session in the evening, and I'll open my town then. May visit some other people too, haven't done that yet!

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I have some spare Tarantulas by the way, caught yesterday. For those having trouble with them.

I've been meaning to ask, but isn't it impossible to give someone from out of town fish or bugs? You can't place them because it treats it like furniture and visitors can't mess with the furniture. Meanwhile, if you drop them, then they get released. You also can't put them in letters and the recycle bin can't be used by visitors either.

Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I've been meaning to ask, but isn't it impossible to give someone from out of town fish or bugs? You can't place them because it treats it like furniture and visitors can't mess with the furniture. Meanwhile, if you drop them, then they get released. You also can't put them in letters and the recycle bin can't be used by visitors either.

Am I missing something?

I think you're right. I believe fossils are the only museum thing you can trade, since they can be dropped on the floor.

Edited by Sheikah

Honestly I have no idea. It's been a while for me. Can't you gift them through letters?

Town is open for a little while, but I'm AFK. Sahara is here, for those who want to buy some stuff. Shop is also open.

Lots of stuff happened today. Museum is gorgeous! But it's a shame I can't read Blather's info on the cards. Now I have to catch everything I just donated again to hear his info. Shop is open like I said. Nook informed me 3 new animals want to live here, so I'll get to work on that later. I also had star bits all over my beaches. Must be from the meteorite shower last night.

Edit:

If fossiles are the only thing I can trade, I also seem to have a spare Triceratops skull.

Edited by Sméagol

The Cast Master Mile is terrifying. Especially in the last few before you get the stamp. Just got to 50 and was worried the last one would be like 200, but it’s only 100. 

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

If fossiles are the only thing I can trade, I also seem to have a spare Triceratops skull.

I’m interested in that. Should be on later to sort out a trade with you 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

The Cast Master Mile is terrifying. Especially in the last few before you get the stamp. Just got to 50 and was worried the last one would be like 200, but it’s only 100. 

Yup. Very anxiety inducing task....unless you're @drahkon who got it without even noticing. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Weird 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. Very anxiety inducing task

It's really scary when they bite on the first go too, catches you off guard