NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I just got the game. I'm still doing the prologue.Was annoyed I can't set my tent at the little island in the middle! Guess I'll have to relocate later, but I'm slowly getting terraforming ideas. I'll go check the online later when I'm all set up.  Also, I have mangos on my island.

Yeahhhh. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to visit other people's islands. The airport is closed on the first day.

Right. Close to having all I need for Nook to remodel, how can I get more nuggets if I’ve hit all my rocks? I need about 15-20. 

Really adore this game. I know the crafting and that might be annoying to some but being that we are on an island I think it’s a great way to go. I do think I went through 4 flimsy axes to get the wood though. How long does the normal axe last?

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Right. Close to having all I need for Nook to remodel, how can I get more nuggets if I’ve hit all my rocks? I need about 15-20. 

Really adore this game. I know the crafting and that might be annoying to some but being that we are on an island I think it’s a great way to go. I do think I went through 4 flimsy axes to get the wood though. How long does the normal axe last?

Spend some of your nookpoints on a ticket to a random island and there will be rocks there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

How long does the normal axe last?

Stone Axes last way longer.

You wanna be careful with the normal axe though. Unlike the Flimsy and Stone Axes, the normal one will actually cut your trees down.

• Like 2

Already surpassed my playtime for Stardew Valley on this (I'd put 7 hours in 1 and a half days on that game) so yeah, it's going to be the time sink I thought it would for the next couple of weeks.

Woke up early this morning and cracked on with paying off the first house, getting the materials for the shop and handing in the 15 donations I needed to get the museum started. Also managed to get 3 peaches in the mail and after a trip to a mystery island, where I came back with about 40 odd oranges, I've now got 3 different fruits growing and some coconuts too. Also invited a snow leopard named Bianca if I've remembered her name right (she said she was a tiger but she looked like a snow leopard and as they're one of my favourite animals I had to invite her) and have saved up 70,000 bells towards paying off the first house upgrade, cleared all the weeds from the island that can be reached without the ladder, helped the pelican guy with NIS phone and have set aside fossils, fish and insects to hand into Blathers tomorrow when the museum opens.

So a productive day on Eilean. Finding it very therapeutic at the moment as my seizures have been flaring up over the last couple of weeks and especially this last week have been really bad so its helping to keep my mind off of that. And just generally enjoying the daily routine. Between this and Stardew Valley, I don't think I'll touch another one of the many other games I've got sitting waiting to be played for months (though I did manage to fit in Yoshi's Crafted World beforehand and that was, well... bland).

Taking a break for the rest of the afternoon and evening. May jump on later to try and catch some night fish I didn't get lost night for the museum but not fussed if I don't. Trying to decide whether to use my gold coins on the eshop for NSO but I don't know how much I'd use it, even with the social aspect of this game. I quite enjoy the peace and isolation but I'll see. I do have Smash Bros which could also be used with it and I could play some of the NES and SNES games, though I wish they'd put Chrono Trigger up as I've a real hankering to play that.

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Stone Axes last way longer.

You wanna be careful with the normal axe though. Unlike the Flimsy and Stone Axes, the normal one will actually cut your trees down.

Was gonna ask this too, I’ll get some stone axes done if they don’t cut down trees, and keep my newly crafted good axe for tree chopping 

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Spend some of your nookpoints on a ticket to a random island and there will be rocks there.

Thanks, I had one free ticket but had to buy another as I was 4 short and couldn’t wait till tomorrow for more in my town. 

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Heads up that N-E party starts at 7.

Will probably be there :peace: 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

Will we be using voice chat? Typing can be cumbersome at times. 

I'll try and comadeer some headphones. But I'll still type using the app.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'll try and comadeer some headphones. But I'll still type using the app.

No worries. Remeber for the games some may not have the ladder to get up to higher ground. I’d rather get my own unless loaners can be provided. 

Also it seems all these photo posts in the other thread has used up all my reactions today 😆 

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

No worries. Remeber for the games some may not have the ladder to get up to higher ground. I’d rather get my own unless loaners can be provided. 

Also it seems all these photo posts in the other thread has used up all my reactions today 😆 

Trust me, you won't need the ladder.

You technically won't need the pole either, but you should bring one anyway, you'll have an easier time if you do.

12 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You technically won't need the pole either, but you should bring one anyway, you'll have an easier time if you do.

tenor.gif

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Weird 1

ak8K0o.gif

Party over here!

Disclaimer: There won't be any balloons or snow. Bring your own fruit snacks!

Game(s) starts when we get 8 people or 7:15 rolls along.

I think I picked the wrong island. I chose one with loads of waterways because it looked cooler than the rest but it means I'm stuck on quite a small portion until I get the recipe for the stick. Really enjoying it though, Nook Miles are so addictive to get. 

I got a message in a bottle from Gaston, hope the real villager isn't too far away.

Great fun @Glen-i  saw we have emotes. Can’t wait to get them. Really hope for more sturdier tools later. My fishing rod broke in the fishing game. I can see online sessions being a lot of fun. 

3 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I can see online sessions being a lot of fun. 

As long as ugly-ass Mira won't be around, yeah...Seriously, what is wrong with her face?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

As long as ugly-ass Mira won't be around, yeah...Seriously, what is wrong with her face?

We trapped em good! I thought it was either superhero inspired makeup or something like Stinky and his Mexican wrestler type mask. 

• Haha 1

2 for 2 tarantulas tonight! Even managed to catch one that was chasing me.

5 hours ago, killthenet said:

I think I picked the wrong island. I chose one with loads of waterways because it looked cooler than the rest but it means I'm stuck on quite a small portion until I get the recipe for the stick. Really enjoying it though, Nook Miles are so addictive to get. 

This is the case whichever island you pick, all part of the opening phase of the game.

• Thanks 1

I'm disappointed not one of you nerds was going to call me out on my mangos. :p Though I suspect it wouldn't have broken their budget to add some new fruit and fish and bugs. I mean, there's some new stuff, I caught a hermit crab which I don't think I've seen before, but most of it is the same.

That said, I'm actually liking the crafting. I wasn't looking forward to it, but it's fine in practice. Your flimsy stuff breaks fast, but the sticks seem to be in infinite supply, so it's not a huge problem.

In my evening session, I saw Timmy was buying stuff. I thought you had to wait until the next day for that too, as he said he was still setting up last time. I thought I was mostly done for the day, and was looking for new fish and bugs in the evening, or other things, but this gave me more stuff to do. Also I didn't know sticks were infinite, I read that here, so yeah. I wan't online yesterday evening, so I missed most of the launch day talks, but caught up on those 5 pages today. Caught plenty stuff, broke and crafted multiple tools, sold and bought stuff. Got more Nook miles, and payed off my tent, so I get to say goodbye to it after only having spent two nights in it. But can't wait to see how my house looks tomorrow.

I should check out the state of my towns in the Wii and DS games though.

Edited by Sméagol

Can’t believe bloody Tom Nook expects me to furnish the new homes of animals that want to join the island. What a crook!

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Can’t believe bloody Tom Nook expects me to furnish the new homes of animals that want to join the island. What a crook!

Yup. It really drains your resources as well.

I've been on this since half 5 this morning and only now have I finished my morning routine. There's so much busy work to take care of. I love it.

One of the Able Sisters has made an appearance on my island, the museum is finally open, Daisy Mae has shown up to sell me turnips, Moe has moved to the island and my first bridge has been built. Yup, plenty going on today.

There's some very magical and relaxing playing this game so early in the morning. Seeing the sun rise as I sat on the beach, catching some fish and doing some island chores, is very special.

• Like 3