NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon_BlizZACK

Final Fantasy X / X-2 on Switch (2019)

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It still baffles me that they thought that was a fun mechanic to use. If was the very definition of needlessly padding the game and it ruined the experience for me.

Both Bravely Default and Octopath suffer from similar problems in that they both have amazing soundtracks, good battle systems but both fail on the story front and both completely fall apart by the end of the game.

I still don't understand why they made Octopath Traveler's post-game so annoying either.  I wanted to grind all eight characters to level 99, but there was nowhere to reasonably do this.  Sure, RPGs have grinding, but others give you enemies with enough EXP to benefit from.  It quickly went from a 9/10 game to one I don't think all that positively about.

• Like 1

Anyone downloaded Final Fantasy IX yet?  I'm tempted, but not too sure about the ATB system, which I didn't get on with in IV (although my memory is a bit hazy).  Can you wait as long as you like, or is it actually a time limit?

20 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Anyone downloaded Final Fantasy IX yet?  I'm tempted, but not too sure about the ATB system, which I didn't get on with in IV (although my memory is a bit hazy).  Can you wait as long as you like, or is it actually a time limit?

You may want to hold off as the port seems to be a bit of a mess. It has a bunch of issues ( Xbox version has some new ones ) that were present in the PS4 version that never got fixed.

• Thanks 1

To Zanarkand pulls at my heart strings everytime I hear it. :cry:Man, I'm gonna end up buying this again, aren't I? :D 

On 1/29/2019 at 2:44 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

The beautiful box art has been ruined.

XX2UpdatedSamll-1.jpg

:( 

I wonder if it's a reversible cover?

BAM! Looking good again :D 

12 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

BAM! Looking good again :D 

You see, now there's the issue of the spine not matching with every other game. :p 

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You see, now there's the issue of the spine not matching with every other game. :p 

I was just about to post that! :D

As much as it pains me, I'd rather have the hideous online stuff and a matching spine than a clean cover with a non matching spine.

So it seems the only solution is to photocopy the inside art, cut the good art off the copy and put it over the original.

Then it'll be looking good again. ;)

Just a shame both the games aren't on the cart or that it couldn't have been a double cart release.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Haha 1

I keep wanting to buy this on the eShop but £44.99 is just ridiculous.

Did anyone end up getting it and know how it plays?

Sign in to follow this