NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered (2019)

Oh snap!! Awesome news!

I suspect that PS4 will be online multiplayer only, while Switch will have local wireless and online multiplayer support.

• Like 2

May get it. I have the DS game, but playing that in single player is not fun.

I think I mentioned this already, but I'd love a sequel to Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers. This increases the chances for that slightly?

Back in GC days I borrowed it from a friend but I remember not getting very far. We played it co-op as well but also didn't finish it. And I really did not remember that co-op was with GBA link only, oh those days!

But I really loved the art style (still do) so yeah this will be a buy if it does have online co-op. The mechanism of combining attacks is great.

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

This in single player is a better game than FF8.

There! I said it.

Fixed that for you ;) 

10 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Fixed that for you ;) 

Yeah, no. I have some misgivings about FF8, but I can't totally agree with that.

In single player, FFCC starts off decent, drags a lot in the middle, then gets totally awesome near the end.

FF8 on the other hand starts off promising, gets really silly in the middle and then completely craps the bed at the end.

CC is more consistent while 8 has higher highs (and very low lows).

Play multiplayer with CC and there's no contest though.

I can't say I'm too surprised. The game looked rough in its last trailer and there's been zero word about the game since.

What is a surprise though is that the game features cross play and cross saves across the Switch, PS4 and mobile devices. I was always going to pick up the PS4 version and now I'll at least be able to play with anyone on here you decides to buy it on the Switch.

It has literally taken them longer to get this remaster out, than it took to make the original game from scratch in the first place.

Modern Square-Enix everyone!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

It has literally taken them longer to get this remaster out, than it took to make the original game from scratch in the first place.

Modern Square-Enix everyone!

I was going to point out they are bringing it to more than 1 console, plus online but  just realised they announced it 2 years ago. :eek:

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this