NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Judgment (25th June PS4)

Just announced at the Sony pre-TGS show. Looks to be a mix of Yakuza and a detective game. Trailer was just shown at the show but i'll add once it shows up.

Game will launch in Japan this year with a demo available later today. A version for the West was confirmed for 2019. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

It’ll no doubt be great (everything thing these guys make is) but as much as I love the Yakuza series I’m kinda disappointed that this new project still seems quite similar to that, lots of reused assets from the Yakuza games in that vid too. I was hoping for something in a completely different style really. :hmm: Will give the demo a try anyway.

Also, lol at the translator doing the trailer as well “shut up everyone” :laughing: 

Just now, RedShell said:

Also, lol at the translator doing the trailer as well “shut up everyone” :laughing: 

Bless. She was trying her hardest. :D 

• Like 1

No discredit to the translator (as its a difficult job) but I wish they'd just release a subbed version of the trailer.

But the real question is will I ever be able to look at this game name without getting Hall & Oates' Private Eyes in my head?

It's nice to see SEGA have enough confidence in the Yakuza franchise to even consider releasing this over here. Even subbed both trailers in English and saying they were releasing it in English as soon as the trailer aired at TGS. If this were 2010 they wouldn't have even bothered with releasing this.

I want this now, in ever orifice of my body. Hopefully they release an English demo like they did with Fist of the North Star.

Just like in the Yakuza series there will be Sega arcade games to play.

Sega’s 1995-released arcade 3D fighting game Fighting Vipers and 1997-released cyberpunk bike racing game Motor Raid are playable via play spots in the upcoming Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio title Project Judge.

Chuffed that Fighting Vipers is in this. I loved that game on the Saturn and Dreamcast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was revealed during the Kinda Funny Games Showcase that the game is coming West under the name of Judgement in summer 2019. 

We have a release date: June 25th!

auto

Those digitally pre-ordering the game will get early access to it on June 21st.

• Like 4

Sega has announced a voluntary halt on shipments and digital sales of Judgment (Judge Eyes: Shinigami no Yuigon) in Japan following news of actor Pierre Taki’s arrest for allegedly using cocaine in violation of Japan’s drug control law.

Taki plays the role of Kyohei Hamura in Judgment. Hamura is the captain of the Matsugane family, a subsidiary of the Tojo Clan based in Kamurocho.

In a press release, Sega said, “Sega has received the arrest reports and are currently confirming the facts, but for the time being, we will voluntarily refrain from shipments and digital sales of [Judgment], as well as from things like posting on the product’s homepage. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause for customers, as well as the parties involved.”

I wonder if this will effect the Western release of the game?

• Weird 1

Vid about the Judgment debacle:

I had no idea it had also happened before with the actor that played Tanimura in Yakuza 4! :o

xRwitbl.jpg

I'm guessing they will eventually do the same with Judgment and just modify the character's appearance/voice, will probably take a while though. :hmm:

Interesting stuff.

I'm definitely planning on playing this with the Japanese VO. The English is sounding pretty bad to me.

Looking forward to impressions on this. It seems very similar to the Yakuza games, which is no bad thing obviously, but I feel as if I need to take a longer break from Kamurocho after playing through so many Yakuza titles, pretty much back to back. Also... Super Mario Maker 2. :hehe:

19 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Looking forward to impressions on this. It seems very similar to the Yakuza games, which is no bad thing obviously, but I feel as if I need to take a longer break from Kamurocho after playing through so many Yakuza titles, pretty much back to back. Also... Super Mario Maker 2. :hehe:

I await your Kamurocho level :grin:

• Haha 1

Well my copy didn’t arrive after all. Sounds like others had problems with their Game Collection orders as well.

Got a fiver from Games Collection for Judgment arriving late. Started it yesterday and I’m enjoying it so far. I’m hoping there will be a few cameos from from Yakuza characters but we’ll see. I’m already missing Kiryu a bit though.

I had a CEX voucher to use up, so I got this, seeing as it just came out, hopefully I'll get a copy that's in good as new condition, I hope so anyway. ::shrug:

I know, the game will probably be £25 in two months but, it's a game that I want in my collection and that I plan to play. :smile:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this