NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Nintendo (re)Direct(ed) (13/09 11pm UK)

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I know we don't have many mechanisms to measure reception (at least not without doing cross-reference checking of other social media platforms) but I wouldn't really put much weight in youtube thumbs up/down.  Not that I'm saying I think E3 was received better, it's just not a great metric. 

It's a decent enough metric. The Direct was very well received overall, and not just looking at YouTube comments, but on Twitter and ResetEra. It's ok to be positive about something.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's a decent enough metric. The Direct was very well received overall, and not just looking at YouTube comments, but on Twitter and ResetEra. It's ok to be positive about something.

Don't do that, it's petty and unhelpful.  I'm neither being negative or suggesting positivity is a bad thing, I'm just pointing out that it is just one metric, and it is one that is often gamified to make a point. People did seem to enjoy the direct, I am not doubting that.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm going to assume this is aimed at me as I think i'm the only one who mentioned the leaks. 

Even if the leaks didn't happen, I still would have bit a bit underwhelmed. It just highlights that Nintendo don't run a tight a ship as they used to. The fact that the actual date of the Direct was leaked twice, as well as a lot of the games ( not all of them ), shows that it's getting harder and harder to keep people quiet about what they will show. Unless you avoid places like Era, which I don't intend to do as I enjoy getting my gaming news from there and having gaming conversations, then something will always be let out of the bag.

Not only you, no, others have mentioned leaks and it has happened during other Directs as well.

It's getting harder to have secrets in an industry. I think that's about it. There isn't much to do about it, and it happens to everyone, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, MindFreak said:

It's getting harder to have secrets in an industry. I think that's about it. There isn't much to do about it, and it happens to everyone, unfortunately. 

It's really annoying, there are almost no surprises anymore, for any of the consoles. I try and avoid leaks as much as possible but it's not easy. At least Luigi's Mansion 3 was out of the blue, for me at least.

12 hours ago, Ronnie said:

2019 so far:

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe
Yoshi's Crafted World
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing

Throw in a Metroid and Starfox Grand Prix and that'll do quite nicely, first party wise.

D'oh I forgot Pokemon, and Daemon x Machina (which looks pretty cool).

Pretty good Direct I thought.

Cities Skylines looks worth checking out.

Excited about Final Fantasy VII coming to Switch in future for some nostalgia. Never expected that one!

13 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I totally agree and, for me, it can lessen the impact of things like a Direct or conferences. Still, as I mentioned, it wouldn't have had a huge impact on my overall excitement anyway. If the Switch was my only console then it would have been a fantastic Direct but it's not and I have bought and played the games I would have been really excited for (Final Fantasy) elsewhere.

Q. After my Nintendo Switch Online subscription expires, will my Save Data Cloud files and Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online save data be erased?

A. Save data stored with Save Data Cloud cannot be kept outside of the duration of your Nintendo Switch Online membership. Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online also uses the Save Data Cloud, so the same applies. However, if you keep the Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online save data saved locally on your Nintendo Switch console, then you can use it again if you purchase another membership.

Shitty move Nintendo 

Edited by liger05
  • Like 1

Well obviously it'll be erased, that goes without saying. And if they did a cooling off period where it's kept for 6 months or whatever then people would just buy a 1 month subscription twice a year for a fiver.

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The issue I had with the Direct is that the Switch isn't my main console.

Should have watched the Playstation Direct on the other channel then?

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Should have watched the Playstation Direct on the other channel then?

Well, it seems a decent conversation can't be had in this thread unless you universally praise the Direct. I'll leave you guys to it.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, it seems a decent conversation can't be had in this thread unless you universally praise the Direct. I'll leave you guys to it.

But I'm not even talking about the conversation. You realize that what I quoted is a dumb statement, right?

The sentence itself may be a bit weird but the statement isnt dumb, it's a valid point. Many of the games are found elsewhere so if you've already played them there, they don't really matter much. Then it's only nice for others to be able.to play them.

Let me rephrase that.

My main issue with the Direct is that I'm not part of its target audience, and I know this.

4 hours ago, RedShell said:

The Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle looks cool too (love Final Fight :love:) but wish it included Alien vs. Predator. It's on the Watch List, for now...

And Cadillacs & Dinosaurs.  It's a shame there can't just be a good-natured agreement about licenced stuff, as I can't believe anyone is seriously going to lose out by letting a company re-release them as they were.  Some of the best games in this very genre were licenced - Sega's Spider-Man springs to mind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Isabelle in Smash is weird, though. Who wanted her? I just thought she would be an Echo Fighter to Villager but no.. it doesn't seem like it.

Duuuuude! Isabelle is freaking huge these days! She's basically the face of Animal Crossing. She has buttloads of fans.

As far as the casual AC fan goes, she's the most popular character. There's no contest. There's a reason she was picked for Mario Kart.

Heavily tweaked Villager moveset works well for Isabelle. I mean, could you really see her wielding an axe? That just ain't right...

There was a load of content, felt a bit underwhelming though. 

Could've done with cutting all the hardware milking, and old ports/remasters, it really dragged on. And the Switch online announcement was a joke, they were making it out like it was some amazing new feature.

Positives... Luigi's Mansion 3 was a nice surprise. 

Seeing all these games makes me happy, but then I return to reality with my 200+ Breath of the Wild playhtrough being the only game I have played on my Switch and barely finding enough time to finish it, hehehe. Anyways, it's good to know that whenever I will have time and money there is a LOT to look forward to!

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this