NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Nintendo (re)Direct(ed) (13/09 11pm UK)

Haha.

That tease, than the confirmation.

Looking forward to Animal Crossing again! It's been a while!

• Like 1

That was awesome.

Capcom beat'em-ups collection (I forget what it's really called) is something I've wanted for ages.  Will be great to have that on my Switch.

The Final Fantasy news was so brilliant and overwhelming, I couldn't keep up.  XV Pocket Edition available now?  VI and some of the others on their way?  I've wanted to replay XII for ages and "get it right" (I played it badly last time), so am really pleased about that.

And best of all, Animal Crossing is on its way!  The most magical experience on 3DS updated for Switch!  To think we thought there wouldn't be any surprises...  That was really, really good.

Ha, I was a little disappointed when it just turned out to be Isabelle in Smash and discovered that they'd just been trolling me but I was hopeful they would still announce it and they did - would prefer a more solid date than 2019 but it's finally coming so I couldn't really ask for any more.

Really solid direct, Square Enix have no restraint at all - just shove all the Final Fantasy's out at once why don't you! Luigi's Mansion 3 is great news but I hope that means that the first two will both be coming to Switch at some point before hand. Never played Epic Yarn and i'm more likely to play it on Wii than 3DS but its a nice title for the end of the handheld's life. 

Cities Skylines is a big get, Yoshi looks adorable and the NES joycons are pretty cool, only disappointments for me are the lack of a shadow dropped network test for Dark Souls and the lack of something a bit more enticing for the online service (but i'm sure SNES games are on the way soon considering the datamining done of the new firmware) otherwise a pretty good direct, Nook was hilarious at the end though I did feel a little sorry for him not getting to be in Smash, maybe Sakurai can give him a chance?

EDIT:

Gah and I forgot about Katamari! Always wanted to play the original so i'm delighted it's getting a remaster on Switch!

Edited by killthenet

Yeah. Too bad of the lack of surprises, but in itself this was a great Direct.

Happy with the few surprises that weren't spoiled, like Cities Skylines and Animal Crossing.

But where's my Torna download Goddammit.

Just now, Sméagol said:

But where's my Torna download Goddammit.

Isn't it out tomorrow, pretty sure they said the 14th.

49 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Final Fantasy VII is bullshit by the way.

Final Fantasy 7.. ON A CARTRIDGE.

37c.jpg

Dahym! That Switch Tax is expensive!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Isn't it out tomorrow, pretty sure they said the 14th.

It is the 14th. :cry:

Well that was spectacular, so much i want and daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn Square enix have no Chill! oh here is Crystal Chronicals, oh and FF15, and 12.....and 7 and 9 and X and X-2! Christ!

FF 15 en Skylines are already in the E-shop.

FF is 18 euros. Skylines 40.

Should I buy FF 15 pocket?

Japanese Direct has additional stuff.

Few more indies, and another cloud game? Like RE7? I can't recall what game it was.. some 3rd person action game in rome setting.

Edited by Sméagol

I have to assume it doesn't run like arse like RE7 did? Potentially a better fit than a horror game for a streaming service but surely combat will be pretty unplayable given the lag thats bound to exist.

Downwell is one of the indie games that was announced in the Japanese direct, Nintendo hired the developer a while ago so its not too much of a surprise to see it come out, hopefully it comes to the West too.

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

I have to assume it doesn't run like arse like RE7 did? Potentially a better fit than a horror game for a streaming service but surely combat will be pretty unplayable given the lag thats bound to exist.

RE7 ran fine if you had a good connection, I posted to videos of Japanese streams in the RE7 thread. It didn't look good though, which kind of defeats the point of using a stream version.

But that's Capcom.. I wonder how this will look.

2 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

More important than that @Sméagol...

Eh, don't care about that one. Would rather have a decent port of Assassins Creed Odyssey myself.

That was a strange one, I think. They had some interesting things announced/shown, but it just felt pretty underwhelming — was it just me? Felt like there was a lot of misdirection, but not necessarily the positive kind.

For instance, that Luigi’s Mansion 3 teaser trailer. I can’t imagine that there were many people that thought that it was 3 as opposed to a HD remaster of the original game until the title was shown. That Animal Crossing reveal was a weird one too, as I think it might have worked much better the other way around: announcing the new game prior to having Isabelle revealed for Smash. With the way that it was presented, both pieces of information came across worse for wear, in my opinion.

Every Final Fantasy game shown in the Direct coming to Switch is going to sell like crazy in Japan, for sure, but I don’t think that it really offered much to those who already own a PS4 and were already interested in (re)playing those games given that all of those main titles are already available on the console. Having only played Final Fantasy VII myself, I really want to play some of the titles released prior to VII before moving on to some of the games released since then (as I frequently read that they are the most accessible for newcomers to the series), and so having those made available on the Switch would have been something I’d also love to see.

Oh, and love the look of Town, and it’s great that Game Freak are trying something new (at the very least, to keep them fresh) here. I can’t help but wonder if the game’s engine, or some of its assets, could be a hint of what’s to come with next year’s core series Pokémon game? 

Wow, great Direct. Luigi's Mansion 3 + Animal Crossing announced, thank you very much!! Yoshi's Crafted World looks way better than what was shown at E3 last year too.

Oh and I need those NES controllers, love how they clip on to the side of the Switch.

Nice to see more free support for Mario Tennis and Splatoon (even though I have no idea what that actually was in the latter's case!)

Love the new Direct format, tons of games shown off with no time wasting!

On 9/12/2018 at 4:01 PM, Dcubed said:

Not looking forward to it anymore really.  Most of it has already leaked.

:cry:Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this