Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Nintendo (re)Direct(ed) (13/09 11pm UK)

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

And it was far better than both of the DS Zelda games. :D 

I mean, that's a pretty low bar.:heh:

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Hey, Spirit Tracks was great. That ending boss part was as epic as most console Zeldas.

Edited by Ronnie

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hey, Spirit Tracks was great. That ending boss part was as epic as most console Zeldas.

To be fair, I do really like Spirit Tracks and yeah the end boss battle is great. Plus, it has an amazing overworld theme.

Saying that, I think most of the music in Spirit Tracks is great, especially some of the tunes you learn throughout your adventure. I should really play through it again. I haven't really played it (dabbled with the Wii U release ) since completing it when it was first released.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To be fair, I do really like Spirit Tracks and yeah the end boss battle is great. Plus, it has an amazing overworld theme.

Saying that, I think most of the music in Spirit Tracks is great, especially some of the tunes you learn throughout your adventure. I should really play through it again. I haven't really played it (dabbled with the Wii U release ) since completing it when it was first released.

I'd really like to play it again, I remember it being better than Phantom Hourglass in pretty much every way. I also liked how it brought music back into the series as a gameplay mechanic.

Overworld theme is amazing but I really LOVE one of the end boss themes

and how it got more and more drowned out the further you survived the battle, while Zelda charged her bow up.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

I felt the opposite, really loved Phantom Hourglass but found Spirit Tracks hard to get into, the ending was phenomenal though I agree with you there @Ronnie

Have there been rumours about Resident Evil 4, 5 & 6 coming to Switch? They keep getting mentioned in the thread on resetera, are there rumblings from Capcom about ports coming to Switch or is it just a lot of people with the same hope?

I expect:

More Smash info, even if it is as mundane as the E3 showing with very minor moveset tweaks spoken about.

Lots of Super Mario Party footage. Lots of Luigi’s Mansion footage.

New Super Mario Bros U for Switch.

”Stay tuned to our website and social media channels for more information on Nintendo Switch online which launches later this month” because they seemingly never want to talk about it lol 

Edited by Josh64

Oh, that sucks.

They really don't want to talk about Online, do they?

Too soon? Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Man, they just had a massive typhoon over there the other day as well. They are getting hit left and right at the moment. :( 

Some people are the worst (thankfully a minority)

The outrage on that last one is hilarious. What a bellend.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, that last one. "You do not want a gamer controversy on your hands" sigh, I suppose it has been 6 days since the last one.

Edit: reading his tweets, he just seems to be a keyboard warrior out to offend. Probably 11 years old.

Edited by Ronnie

To be fair, I don't really understand the correlation. ::shrug:

Still, people are morons.

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

To be fair, I don't really understand the correlation. ::shrug:

Still, people are morons.

There might be logistic reasons (part of Nintendo's operation may have a basis in that area), personal (employees and/or their relatives may be from that region) or just general tact.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

There might be logistic reasons (part of Nintendo's operation may have a basis in that area), personal (employees and/or their relatives may be from that region) or just general tact.

But isn't the Direct pre-recoreded and only in need of streaming/an upload?

I'm not trying to be a dick, I simply do not understand why exactly the Direct has to be delayed.

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I'm not trying to be a dick, I simply do not understand why exactly the Direct has to be delayed.

See my latter point?  With this earthquake (particularly in Hokkaido given what happened 7 years ago), the typhoon recently and the other string of disasters they've had recently it could just simply be out of respect for those who are going through it at the moment.  It's not something that needs to happen right now and they (Nintendo) could see it as 'impolite' to put out something focused on fun and celebration and all those Nintendoey things when their country is collectively struggling at the moment.

I don't think it needs to be delayed, I think Nintendo chose to. An optimist may say out of respect, a pessimist may say to ensure its not forgotten about quickly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

They don't just press a button and put their feet up for the rest of the day, there's PR, social media and content updates that need working on post-Direct. Regardless @Ashley spelt out pretty clearly reasons for it. Even if it was just out of common decency and respect, they did the right thing.

Edited by Ronnie

FWIW @drahkon I didn't think you were being rude or anything like that.  I just took it as a genuine question as to why they might have done it.  We're all good in the hood. ✌️

Seems as well Nintendo has been directly affected by the various problems:

(in itself not a big thing, but could be other less visible issues too)

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, drahkon said:

A good chunk of Japanese people can’t even watch it right now.  The entirety of Hokkaido has lost power (over 3 million people live there); not to mention the effects on Nintendo’s own infrastructure (they need to get their N back! Amongst other things of course, but especially that N!)

Plus, you know, it’s a gesture of respect for those that have been affected by it (including their own staff).

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this