NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Onimusha Warlords Remaster

Coming January 15th 2019!

Press release below...

Capcom Press Release:

Onimusha: Warlords was first unsheathed in 2001 on PlayStation 2 and introduced players to a world seething in darkness, magic, and demonic greed. Set in feudal Japan after the events of a revolutionary battle, it told the tale of the honorific samurai Samanosuke Akechi and ninja Kaede on a quest to save Princess Yuki from mysterious demons who have invaded Inabayama Castle. As the two travel throughout the castle, they unravel a malevolent plot by those who would serve the evil lord Nobunaga Oda. Upon its release, Onimusha: Warlords sold over 2 million copies worldwide and quickly became a beloved game due to its sword-based gameplay, stunning graphics that exuded a cinematic feel, and riveting story engulfed with strife.

[IMG]

Though merely human, Samanosuke is able to vanquish the demons infesting the castle and gains the Oni Gauntlet, which allows him to absorb their souls for multiple purposes like health regeneration and improving weapons. Coupled with three elemental blades he collects along the way, Samanosuke utilizes his vast arsenal of weapons in his quest to save Princess Yuki. In certain segments of the game, you control Kaede, who wields her own kit of tricky weapons perfect for taking down unsuspecting demons.

[IMG]

Onimusha: Warlords will be available for modern consoles and include some updated features to improve your demon-slaying adventure.

NEW FEATURES

High-Definition Graphics - Characters, background graphics, and cut scenes have been given a high-definition upgrade to enhance the visibility on your quest to save the princess.

[IMG]

Widescreen Support, New Display Options - Both the original game's display (4:3) and more standard widescreen display (16:9) are supported. Display settings can be changed between 4:3 and 16:9 at any time in-game. Specific screens, including parts of the menu screen, are fixed at either 16:9 or 4:3.

[IMG]

Screen Scroll Feature - A screen scroll feature has also been added for widescreen display. The background scrolls up and down according to players' movements, showing areas that can't be fully displayed from certain positions.

[IMG]

Analog Stick Support - In addition to the controls from the original, this new release allows players to move using analog sticks. This added feature makes it easier to move instinctively and change directions quickly.

[IMG]

Easy Mode Available From Start - Easy Mode is unlocked for players from the start of gameplay, which wasn’t available in the original game. This addition makes it easier for both newcomers and those who haven't played Onimusha: Warlords for a while to dive into this world right away.

[IMG]

New Soundtrack – A brand new soundtrack and Japanese voices have been recorded to accompany the newest release of Onimusha: Warlords.

[IMG]

Onimusha: Warlords will be released on January 15, 2019 for MSRP $19.99. In North America, both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will have a physical and digital copy, while it will be a digital-only title for Nintendo Switch and Steam. In Europe, Onimusha: Warlords will be a digital-only title for all platforms. You can pre-order the physical PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions today at the link below, while digital pre-order information for all platforms will be coming soon!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...-nintendo-switch-and-steam-on-january-15-2019

Oh my God! Capcom actually decided to not be completely fucking stupid for a change and are supporting Switch!? Did Nintendo bribe them? Did some Capcom exec lose a bet?

Either way, I reckon a lot of people will be excited for this one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Oh my God! Capcom actually decided to not be completely fucking stupid for a change and are supporting Switch!? Did Nintendo bribe them? Did some Capcom exec lose a bet?

Smash Bros, dude. Smash Bros.

Why do you think Rathalos is an assist trophy?

We really need to decide where these threads/news go. We've got a thread here, other consoles and as well as inside the Switch eShop thread. 

Someone go make a thread in general as well, you know, just to cover all bases. :p 

Cant wait for this. The series is amazing and the first game was what got me to buy a PS2. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

We really need to decide where these threads/news go. We've got a thread here, other consoles and as well as inside the Switch eShop thread. 

I thought that the general rule was, if any of the platforms is a Ninty console, it goes here? This is a Nintendo focused website after all.

Hey @Ashley, maybe you could get someone to move the other console thread for this game here? Is that possible?

Man, it was so much easier when Nintendo wasn't getting third party support...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I thought that the general rule was, if any of the platforms is a Ninty console, it goes here? This is a Nintendo focused website after all.

Hey @Ashley, maybe you could get someone to move the other console thread for this game here? Is that possible?

Man, it was so much easier when Nintendo wasn't getting third party support...

It's a limitation of the forum setup. If I were to create a forum, I'd have threads with catagories (platforms) as attributes, so the same thread can go into separate catagories. In this forum, it's hardcoded to be in one catagory (subforum) at a time. Some people may not be interested in the Switch version..

Anyway, I don't care either way. I have no nostalgia feelings towards it, and I think it looks pretty shitty in the trailer, so I'll pass on this one.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I’ve been here a while and this is the first time I’ve heard of this general rule; sorry if I was supposed to stick it in Nintendo Gaming, guys :confused: I just figured that it’s a remaster of what was first a PS2 game, which also released on Xbox, and is releasing on more consoles that aren’t Nintendo than are, so stuck it over in Other Consoles, but you do make a good point: this is a site with a focus on Nintendo. 

It’s a weird one, and I think it’s difficult to not end up potentially leaving out those with only one console, whichever sub-forum you stick this news in ::shrug:

Edited by Julius Caesar

I enjoyed the first Onimusha (not so much the sequel) so I'm keeping an eye on this and will probably pick it up as I wouldn't mind playing it again :hehe:

It arrives on the 20th December over in Japan. If it has English subtitles I can see me importing it, much like I done with the Resident Evil Collection on the PS3. I'll probably be picking this up on the PS4 as the Playstation is where the series was born and raised. It would feel wrong and weird to play it on another console.

I loved the Onimusha games (might even have the trilogy still), i thought they were amazing and had a real love for the 3rd one and the segments in Le Mont Saint Micheal, nice to finally have a game set somewhere i know

Probably will get this for the Switch depending on reviews, if not PS4

Sign in to follow this