NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Onimusha: Warlords — January 15th 2019

Onimusha: Warlords arrives on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam on January 15, 2019 with a high-definition visual upgrade and features that will improve your sword-fighting adventure! First released on PS2 in 2001, Onimusha: Warlords is set in feudal Japan and tells the story of the samurai Samanosuke and ninja Kaede as they race to rescue Princess Yuki.

New features

High-Definition Graphics - Characters, background graphics, and cut scenes have been given a high-definition upgrade to enhance the visibility on your quest to save the princess.

Widescreen Support, New Display Options - Both the original game's display (4:3) and more standard widescreen display (16:9) are supported. Display settings can be changed between 4:3 and 16:9 at any time in-game. Specific screens, including parts of the menu screen, are fixed at either 16:9 or 4:3.

Screen Scroll Feature - A screen scroll feature has also been added for widescreen display. The background scrolls up and down according to players' movements, showing areas that can't be fully displayed from certain positions.

Analog Stick Support - In addition to the controls from the original, this new release allows players to move using analog sticks. This added feature makes it easier to move instinctively and change directions quickly.

Easy Mode Available From Start - Easy Mode is unlocked for players from the start of gameplay, which wasn’t available in the original game. This addition makes it easier for both newcomers and those who haven't played Onimusha: Warlords for a while to dive into this world right away.

New Soundtrack – A brand new soundtrack and Japanese voices have been recorded to accompany the newest release of Onimusha: Warlords.

Edited by Julius Caesar

I remember seeing this series in old multiformat magazines, thought it looked really cool but I never had a PS2. Definitely going to give it a go. 

7 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

I remember seeing this series in old multiformat magazines, thought it looked really cool but I never had a PS2. Definitely going to give it a go. 

I’ve heard and seen a lot about it too, but haven’t played it either. I’m definitely with you, it looks like a lot of fun, and I look forward to picking it up. Bit of a shame that it’s a remaster as opposed to a remake, though, but then again, I suppose that gives credence to the possibility that Capcom are working on the next game in the franchise, which has been rumoured for a while now. 

YES!!!!!!!

Absolutely amazing series and one certainly due a return. I'm gonna be all over this. Easily one of the best franchises of the PS2 generation.

Awesome news! :D

Just posting about it now but...

Step into a feudal world filled with magic, samurais, and demon warriors, as Onimusha: Warlords comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam on January 15, 2019. Originally released in 2001, Onimusha: Warlords successfully blended thrilling action with a cinematic story to achieve over 2 million copies sold worldwide. Now Capcom brings the original sword fighting action title to current video game systems with updated features including high-definition graphics, widescreen display option, analog stick support, a readily available Easy Mode option, and new soundtrack.

The game will be available as a digital purchase across North America and Europe for MSRP $19.99 on all formats with a physical release in North America available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Onimusha: Warlords follows the battle-filled journey of samurai Samanosuke Akechi and ninja Kaede on a quest to save Princess Yuki from a legion of mysterious demons who have invaded Inabayama Castle. As the two travel throughout the castle, they unravel a malevolent plot by those who would serve the evil lord Nobunaga Oda. Using sword-based combat, a magical Oni Gauntlet and puzzle solving, players need to call on both brawn and creativity to defeat the demonic foes.

Capcom... come on now, physical release for Europe on ALL formats including Switch please.

There is no excuse for it, don't leave all of that lovely money there on the table. ;)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Awesome news! :D

Just posting about it now but...

Step into a feudal world filled with magic, samurais, and demon warriors, as Onimusha: Warlords comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam on January 15, 2019. Originally released in 2001, Onimusha: Warlords successfully blended thrilling action with a cinematic story to achieve over 2 million copies sold worldwide. Now Capcom brings the original sword fighting action title to current video game systems with updated features including high-definition graphics, widescreen display option, analog stick support, a readily available Easy Mode option, and new soundtrack.

The game will be available as a digital purchase across North America and Europe for MSRP $19.99 on all formats with a physical release in North America available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Onimusha: Warlords follows the battle-filled journey of samurai Samanosuke Akechi and ninja Kaede on a quest to save Princess Yuki from a legion of mysterious demons who have invaded Inabayama Castle. As the two travel throughout the castle, they unravel a malevolent plot by those who would serve the evil lord Nobunaga Oda. Using sword-based combat, a magical Oni Gauntlet and puzzle solving, players need to call on both brawn and creativity to defeat the demonic foes.

Capcom... come on now, physical release for Europe on ALL formats including Switch please.

There is no excuse for it, don't leave all of that lovely money there on the table. ;)

Just read that myself in their press release, and I can’t imagine that’s going to sit particularly well with anyone. I’ll pick it up for sure, because I’ve seen a lot of people here (and Huber) talking about how they have an affinity for this franchise, but I’d feel even more inclined to in the event that it was released physically. 

Sign in to follow this