NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Forum Telephone ??

While there isn't enough interest in a mafia game, I was wondering if people want to do a good old-fashioned Forum telephone? Just want to see if there's any interest, don't intend to start soon.

Don't know what I'm talking about?

Although I don't think you can find a game with actual working links and images, unfortunately. Fix that, @Jimbob! I see you're still lurking around.

I'm willing to start and host.

19 hours ago, Sméagol said:

While there isn't enough interest in a mafia game, I was wondering if people want to do a good old-fashioned Forum telephone? Just want to see if there's any interest, don't intend to start soon.

Don't know what I'm talking about?

Although I don't think you can find a game with actual working links and images, unfortunately. Fix that, @Jimbob! I see you're still lurking around.

I'm willing to start and host.

I'll see what i can do.  Hopefully i still have some of the files dotted about, then onto a new host as Photobucket went sour.

I'm up for a return.

• Thanks 1

I'm going to admit that I remember seeing loads of those Forum Telephone threads, but I never actually knew what they were. I still don't know. Tell me!

On 30/08/2018 at 11:09 AM, Fierce_LiNk said:

I'm going to admit that I remember seeing loads of those Forum Telephone threads, but I never actually knew what they were. I still don't know. Tell me!

Too lazy to click on that link huh.. Well ok. :laughing:

It's based on the kids game called telephone, or chinese whispers believe, in English. The original game had one person start, saying whatever to the next person (whispering, so others can't hear what's said), this person would relay it to the next person, and so on. In the end the result is something different than what you started with. The point of doing this game on the forum is to try to get some hilarious result.

The way it's played here, is to incorporate drawn pictures in the mix. So someone would start with a sentence, the next person would draw an image based on that sentence, and the next person would try to come up with a clever caption for that image, and so on.

So you'd get:

starting person 1: sentence -> person 2: drawing -> person 3: sentence -> person 4: image

And so on, until you get to the last person, then you see the results, which hopefully are hilarious. Now, in order to give everyone a chance to draw and think of a caption, the first person actually sends both an image and a sentence as starting points, and the next person will create a caption for the image, and a drawing for the sentence, resulting in in 2 chains, or stories.

The host organizes this, as he already know how it begins, en someone needs to collect the images and captions, and post the chains. Our man Jimbob used to do this in the old threads. So he (or me in this case, as I already volunteered) will send the first set to the next person signed up, when he's done he'll send a copy both to the next person, and the host, in a pm. When all players had their turn, the host posts the results.

I'll post an example from another forum later.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Dankjewel! Cheers for the explanation! I was, indeed, too lazy click on that link. 

Weren't you there when we did it at one of the meets?

2 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Weren't you there when we did it at one of the meets?

I remember drawing something on paper, but I can't remember why we were doing it, haha!

• Like 1

On 29/08/2018 at 11:42 AM, Jimbob said:

I'll see what i can do.  Hopefully i still have some of the files dotted about, then onto a new host as Photobucket went sour.

I'm up for a return.

On 30/08/2018 at 3:15 PM, bob said:

Me.

On 30/08/2018 at 6:19 PM, BowserBasher said:

Popping my name down as I’m intrigued and will possibly join in. 

So that's at least 3, plus me as the starting point. This is more fun with more people!

Sign in to follow this