NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MindFreak

Nindies Showcase Summer 2018 (Tuesday August 28th 5PM UK)

This must be for US developers.  This is right before PAX and the last Nindies Showcase was focused on European games.

Hopefully we should get a release date for Undertale Switch here.  It’s already up for pre-load on the Japanese eShop, so the game is done and ready to go!

Just now, Dcubed said:

This must be for US developers.  This is right before PAX and the last Nindies Showcase was focused on European games.

European games as in - developed in Europe? 

There is of course a chance of some information being in both this and the Indie Highlight. Hopefully not, though.

3 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

European games as in - developed in Europe? 

There is of course a chance of some information being in both this and the Indie Highlight. Hopefully not, though.

Yeah, that’s what I meant.  All of the games announced in the last video were made by European developers and it was released right before Gamescom.

This one however is releasing right before PAX in the US, and it was hinted at by Damon Baker (head of NOA’s indie dev relations team) right after the EU one aired (based on the “more to come” tease; which is obviously this upcoming video now).

So expect this to be completely different from the last one, with no repeats! :D 

Edited by Dcubed

Great news, these are always really great to watch. I thought the one a few days ago felt a bit more low key than usual.

Too early to hope for a Steamworld Dig 3 I suppose, but fingers crossed for a Guacamelee 2 and Spenlunky 2 announced for Switch.

What I hope/wish/want from this Nindies Direct; Tower Fall, Cuphead, Fez, No Man’s Sky, a successor to Machinarium, a successor to Thomas was Alone, Unravel 1+2, Braid, Hotline Miami 1+2.

I don’t ask for much right?

54 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Too early to hope for a Steamworld Dig 3 I suppose, but fingers crossed for a Guacamelee 2 and Spenlunky 2 announced for Switch.

I think Spelunky 2 has already been announced for Switch. 

@markderoos I think if anything you're underestimating this showcase, certain we'll see every single one of those announced. 

I'm hoping that Hyper Light Drifter missed the last video because it was focused more towards European developers, would be great to get a date for that. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I think Spelunky 2 has already been announced for Switch.

Really, last I heard the dev wasn't very forthcoming when asked, but would be great if it was indeed coming.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Really, last I heard the dev wasn't very forthcoming when asked, but would be great if it was indeed coming.

I just googled it and I probably misinterpreted what they said when they revealed it. I'm not really following its development so i'm sure you know better than me.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just a reminder that this starts in the next 20 mins.

200.gif

I'm ready to play ALL the indie games!

:D

• Haha 2

Bastion and Transistor! Cracking games right there. Other than that it was a pretty meh Direct.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Will be keeping an eye on that cat game, and the level creator/Super Mario Maker rip-off looks like it could be pretty fun. :hehe: 

Played Bastion when it came out the first time, it's an awesome game, highly recommended. I haven't played Transistor but it is supposed to be good. May pick that up.

Also, Hyper Light Drifter is out next week, Towerfall Ascension September 27th. Those are good games, I've heard.

The goose game looked weirdly fun.

Then there were a few games I've never heard of. They could be promising.

3 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

The goose game looked weirdly fun.

Ah yeah, that looks pretty promising too. :grin: 

Towerfall has 6 player local support!!!! WOOHOO!!! :D 

Also we got a release date for it and Undertale!! I got what I came here for, so I’m happy!

Also want The Goose is Loose! I need it in my Hoose!

Edited by Dcubed

Mineko's Night Market looks like my kind of game, will definitely be picking that up. Hyper Light Drifter on September 6th is great news, been very excited to pick that up since it was announced for Switch. I can't think of much more that I'll definitely be picking up but there wasn't really anything that I thought wasn't really my thing, the sheer variety on offer is really impressive and I can't believe they were able to produce a video of this length that didn't cover any of the games that were mentioned in the gamescom highlights video. 

EDIT: Agree with all above that Untitled Goose Game looks fantastic too!

Edited by killthenet

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Also want The Goose is Loose! I need it in my Hoose!

It's called Untitled Goose Game you heathen! 

giphy.gif?resize=696,392&ssl=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

It's called Untitled Goose Game you heathen! 

It really should be the official title from now on.

I wonder if you can actually take a shit as the goose, because I know from experience a whole gaggle (yes, look that up (except you, @gaggle64)) can easily cover a whole walkway in crap. It seems like something that would fit the game.

Game of the year by the way.

Edit:

Overall, together with the EU presentation, a nice set of games. I'll post an elaborate list later. For now I'll just mention I'm buying Into the breach tonight.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

Great to see two of Supergiant Games' titles cross over to the Switch. Both Bastion and Transistor are amazing, though I think Transistor will always be my preferred game of the two as I just love everything about that game. As people have been asking them in Twitter, I can see a physical compilation of those games and Pyre coming at some point especially given that a lot of indie titles are getting the physical treatment on the Switch. Hell, I'd even snap up a copy if they released it right now on the PS4 because of how much I love their games, one of my favourite indie devs out there.

Gutted that Into The Breach didn't come along sooner for me, given that I no longer have the console. I've been wanting to play it for ages but I've been waiting to upgrade my pc to enjoy that and a long list of other PC only indie titles that is ever growing. But a massive scoop for Nintendo especially with the devs having been so against porting FTL over to any consoles previously. Hopefully it's a sign that they're open to it now (and hopefully it sells well on the Switch as I do wonder how it'll fare given the niche market and the overcrowding of the indie space) and that it and FTL might grace other platforms. For those who pick it up, enjoy as it's supposed to be excellent.

content-4-35604-nindiesshowcasesummer2018banner.jpg

N-Europe's roundup of the showcase. :D

Thanks to @Ashley for providing the press release.

:peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not a bad showing, especially when combined with the EU one last week. Nice surprise to have Hyper Light Drifter out in a week or so, been desperate to play that for a while.

Mineko's Night Market looks interesting.

I’ve only heard good things about Into the Breach, and have actually been debating picking it up on Steam for a while, but wanted to see if it would come to Switch. 

Another game added to my “buy when I buy a Switch” list. I need to hurry up and get one before this list gets too long...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this