NEurope
ViPeR

Super Mario Odyssey Purple Coin Glitch

Hi All,

I've been slowly working my way through odyssey picking up all the final power moons (some being real hard to get! I never want to play the darker side of the moon finale again!). I noticed that some of the last power moons are around items you buy with Purple Coins so I'm now hunting those down, level by level.

Everything was going grand (bar some frustrating situations where I'd missed 1 in a level) until I got to the Luncheon Kingdom. I swear on everything holy I have been round this level about 10 times. I am missing 2 coins but they are nowhere to be found. 

Here's what's concerning me. I even resorted to watching a YouTube vid of someone collecting all 100. Still didn't help. So I followed the YouTube walkthrough playing odyssey at the same time and collecting all the coins again even though they were greyed out. I shit you not I collected 100 grey coins and no missing Purple ones!? 

My question to those that have played is, has this ever happened to you or are you aware of it happening to others? I really don't want to give in when in so close to getting every power moon but this is just bizarre! I am now re-installing the game and will probably follow another YouTube walkthrough to see if that makes a difference.

If you happen to have a Bowser amiibo then you could try scanning that it and it would show you where the missing purple coins are. Saying that, if you have followed a guide coin for coin then it does sound like some weird glitch has occurred.

• Thanks 1

Looking at a guide, just about all of them come in bunches of 3s, so it's really weird that you've possibly missed only 2. Did you get all of them under the stacks of cheese that you need to break using the hammer brother power up?

Well after going back for the sixth time you were absolutely right. It was the bloody coins in the cheese. I only thought there were 2 in there but there were 4. So thank you, had I not tried that myself I would have on your suggestion. Hopefully the other worlds will be simpler!

• Thanks 1

Glad you found them. It made the most sense that they were hiding there as it's the only place in the stage where they are aligned in groups of two.