NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Killer 7

Have any of you guys read that plot analysis? If not, i suggest you do. I can't believe how they managed to make this game so deep.

I read the plot analysis on gamefaqs.com (direct link). It was really long but worth the read, so many little details and background information, although I thought some things were a bit far fetched - for instance how he looks for an explanation of the name Parkreiner in the German language because there's the adjective "reiner".

I've just started this, and althoug I really like the visual style, I'm stuggling a bit to get really into it. Maybe it's because I'm only on the 1st level, but so far a bit bemused with the puzzles, and still getting used to the controls.

I think I need to put more time into it, but need to be in the right mood because of the content.

So, I finished this yesterday and I must say that it has been one hell of an experience.

It is one of those games that I wouldn't necessarily classify as a game in the raw sense of the word, because it really lends its strength to the story and overall bizarre occurences (like the bodiless lady or Iwazaru...).

I was surprised that it became so serious near the later chapters with American politics taking center stage. I guess I could've seen this coming if I had played the game with small intervals, but I didn't so I ended up only remembering the strange boss fights and certain story elements.

Some bits near the ending (2nd visit to the Union Hotel) really looked Tarantino-esque to me, which I enjoyed.

Still do not really understand what this game was about and how it fits together chronologically, but that's alright, because I can appreciate ending a game and not really knowing how it all works.

I think I might check out a plot analysis someday, but for the time being, I think I will savour the vague imprints it has left upon me.

Loved the voice acting and music, really bad ass!

And what the fuck was up with Iwazaru being that guy with the red eyes (forgot his name):wtf:

My favourites were definitely KAEDE Smith and Kevin Smith.

Especially Kevin, he never says anything, never has to reload and his aim-cursor isn't subjected to his breathing or anything like that. Plus he looks like Albert Wesker :laughing:

Also really love Garcia. I bet he would make for one awesome actor if he were a real person. Would love to see him starring in a film with Samuel. L. Jackson.

Good man, @Fused King :hehe:

Killer 7 is one of the most interesting games I've ever played and one that I will most certainly experience again in the near future..

..or try to resume the 3rd chapter of Killer 8, though that could be almost impossible to return to given the increased difficulty and having to get to grips with playing it again

:heh:

The game throws convention and logic out of the window to provide a powerful experience unlike anything I had played before! I'd have it in my top 10 GC games, that's for sure :grin:

Men, you need to read this document if you have not done so already.

It basically tries to make sense of the game. The story is complex to say the least.

It's one of the finest, deepest games I have ever played. It's one hell of a mind fuck, though. The basic theme behind the story is the idea of repressed memory. Mostly, Garcians.

I find it funny that this kind of game would now surely only see the light of day in the indie-scene or anything more small scale.

Count me a fan of this game too.

I think Suda 51, for better or worse, just makes the games he wants to, the way he wants to, and it's just too bad if you don't like/get it.

I enjoyed Killer 7 too although the story makes a bit more sense the second time you play it.

Interested to see how 'Killer is dead' will play out when it gets released. This isn't a sequel but it does have Suda 51 behind it.

I enjoyed Killer 7 too although the story makes a bit more sense the second time you play it.

Interested to see how 'Killer is dead' will play out when it gets released. This isn't a sequel but it does have Suda 51 behind it.

You're not wrong there my friend.

And isn't it also the first reunion (since Killer 7) of Suda and Shinji Mikami?

I'm also very interested in playing Contact and Flower, Sun and Rain for the DS now.

Really love seeing Suda being more weird story wise than focusing heavy on absurd combat.

I wonder if I will ever see a cheapish copy of "Michigan Report From Hell" on the PS2? It's worth quite a bit of money now.

Let's bump this?

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 3

A re-release on Steam, 12 years after the game came out on GC and PS2? :o

This is insanely good news. :D

Though obviously now... Switch port please Capcom? I'm sure you can fit the 2-disc GameCube version onto one Switch game card. ;)

20 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Switch port please Capcom?

I have absolutely no interest in a Steam version but would love to see one of my favourite Gamecube games return on Switch, much like Ikaruga :hehe:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this