NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Morphies Law

Launching in a couple of hours time on Switch eShop, this looks like it could be a great laugh.

A 4v4 online shooter where dealing damage to an opponent causes your own character's body size to increase, relative to whatever body part you were shooting at on them! :grin:
If performance holds up (although it looks as if there could potentially be some issues there... 60ish FPS :D) then I get a feeling this might be the next big multiplayer thing on Switch, I'm certainly interested in checking it out.

:laughing:

Anyone else liking the look of this one?

Eh.. the short anwser:

My opinion has never changed since its reveal: looks fun, but, while diffrerent from Splatoon, I think its similar enough that it tries to fill the same gap that has already been filled by Splatoon.

Still, willing to give it a go.

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Eh.. the short anwser:

My opinion has never changed since its reveal: looks fun, but, while diffrerent from Splatoon, I think its similar enough that it tries to fill the same gap that has already been filled by Splatoon.

Still, willing to give it a go.

Yeah, it almost certainly would've been a better situation for this game had it released earlier, as it's also competing against Fortnite and Paladins now too. Hopefully the game is up to scratch though and therefore can find a decent player base on Switch, alongside the rest of the 3rd person shooters.

You buying right away, or waiting for reviews/impressions first? I'm actually kinda tempted to just jump right in. :hehe:

I'm really trying to hold back from buying this immediately. Everything this game does looks so fun and creative. From the concept up unto the avatars, it's exactly my type of game by the looks of it. But indeed, if it runs bad then I don't see lots of people buying and playing it, making a purchase without reading reviews/impressions a no-go for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, it almost certainly would've been a better situation for this game had it released earlier, as it's also competing against Fortnite and Paladins now too. Hopefully the game is up to scratch though and therefore can find a decent player base on Switch, alongside the rest of the 3rd person shooters.

You buying right away, or waiting for reviews/impressions first? I'm actually kinda tempted to just jump right in. :hehe:

While I'm not wowed, I also don't mind in going in blind and posting my impressions here, whatever they may be. Though I'm fairly certain it's not going to change much from what it is now: looks like a fun occasional alternative to Splatoon. But you never know.

If you want me to buy it and play it tonight (That's going to be after ehh 20:00 Uk, and I'm not going to stay up late tonight), say so.

29 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

While I'm not wowed, I also don't mind in going in blind and posting my impressions here, whatever they may be. Though I'm fairly certain it's not going to change much from what it is now: looks like a fun occasional alternative to Splatoon. But you never know.

If you want me to buy it and play it tonight (That's going to be after ehh 20:00 Uk, and I'm not going to stay up late tonight), say so.

I’m watching some gameplay on Twitch at the moment... unfortunately it’s looking a bit ropey. :hmm: 

Leaning towards picking this up at a later date/when it’s on sale now.

Games like this live or die depending on their player base. It's launching after Splatoon 2, Paladins and Fortnite. I honestly can't see it doing that well or being that active, especially when 2 of 3 games I mentioned are free to play.

13 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I’m watching some gameplay on Twitch at the moment... unfortunately it’s looking a bit ropey. :hmm: 

Not just Twitch compression / lag?

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Games like this live or die depending on their player base. It's launching after Splatoon 2, Paladins and Fortnite. I honestly can't see it doing that well or being that active, especially when 2 of 3 games I mentioned are free to play.

Yeah, it’s a shame though as the concept here is pretty rad.

Just now, Sméagol said:

Not just Twitch compression / lag?

Nah, the guy playing it is also complaining about the performance in chat.

Alright. ABANDON SHIP.

Haha. This is not how you "just jump right in" by the way. :p

Where's your sense of adventure man?

On 17/08/2018 at 5:58 PM, RedShell said:

I be on Team Relax as well, what time are you two planning on playing?

Ah. You never had it in the first place. :laughing:

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Haha. This is not how you "just jump right in" by the way. :p

I said I was tempted to jump right in. ;) 

I did a dazzybee 🙈

Played the tutorial and a short offline game with and against AI. Will try to play some online tomorrow. Just couldn’t resist it!!

By the way, what I’ve played of it was really fun!

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this