NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Diablo III coming to Switch in 2018

Apparently Forbes posted an article stating that Diablo will be coming to Switch this year. The article was quickly taken down but people over on Reddit managed to take a copy of it. 

Here are the details.

The action-RPG from Blizzard, which launched on PC way back in 2012 and subsequently released on consoles, will launch later this year. The Switch version, called the ‘Eternal Collection’ includes the Reaper of Souls and Rise of the Necromancer expansions plus all the other added content the game has seen and costs $59.99.

Diablo III on the Nintendo Switch will also feature special Nintendo exclusive in-game bonuses: the Legend of Ganondorf cosmetic armor set, Tri-Force portrait frame, Chicken pet, and Echoes of the Mask cosmetic wings.

The Nintendo Switch version of the game can be played in several different ways, including docked or on-the-go.

Up to 4 players can play together on a single Switch.

Up to 4 players can play on 4 different Switch units wirelessly without an internet connection.

Players can also team up online with the Nintendo Switch Online service (which launches in September.)

There will be cloud saving support for the game as well.

This has been rumoured for a while now, so I'm inclined to believe this is real.

• Thanks 1

I've never played a Diablo game but understand that it's an addictive game that you can sink hundreds of hours into so I'm hesitant to try it out incase I get hooked on it but it does look interesting. 

It'll be interesting to see how its received, by all accounts Titan Quest was unplayable in handheld mode (and barely playable when docked) because the developers hadn't taken the text size into account. I'd assume Blizzard would be a bit more on the ball though and the fact Diablo III has already been playable on console for years means they've probably worked out those sort of issues already.

Good news for Diablo fans but I can't help wish that Blizzard would port Hearthstone over instead. I think a card battle game like that would be great on Switch. 

This is gonna sell like mad.  Crazy to see actual support from Blizzard on a Nintendo console! :o 

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm actually reporting on this...

content-4-35589-diabloiiibanner.jpg

...a Blizzard title? on a Nintendo console?!?

That's a pretty rare occurance. ;)

I guess I'm buying Diablo III again then... maybe I'll actually play it properly this time. :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

...a Blizzard title? on a Nintendo console?!?

Blizzard, Bethesda, Rockstar, From Software...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Blizzard, Bethesda, Rockstar, From Software...

It seems like the third-party "curse" on Nintendo platforms has been lifted and even turned on its head somewhat, assuming all these titles sell well, which I reckon they will. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never played a Diablo game (shame on me!) but may actually want to play Diablo III on Switch... 

I'm the same as MindFreak, never played, but I might be interested now that I can take it on the go. If the game get's solid reviews, I'm in for the ride.

Kotaku have wrote a piece about the game. 

HERE

It seems that Iron Galaxy helped with the port and it only took 9 months to complete. If the game runs okay then that's pretty impressive work.

• Like 1

They did good work with the Skyrim SE port and with KI Season 2 and 3 on Xbone, so I expect them to do a good job here too.

12 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I've never played a Diablo game (shame on me!) but may actually want to play Diablo III on Switch... 

8 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

I'm the same as MindFreak, never played, but I might be interested now that I can take it on the go. If the game get's solid reviews, I'm in for the ride.

It’s not for everyone but I loved all the three games when i played them on PC. But that was 99% LAN gaming with my buddies at the time. 

I’m not sure if I will still like it as much now that I will only be able to enjoy it as an online multi player and/or single player only experience.

But if you’ve never experienced it: it’s a great action RPG/dungeon crawler. The style and story, the atmosphere, the tension, it’s all really great!

I'll probably triple dip on this, Diablo on the go will be great for flights and train journeys.

I don't know much about the series. Is it a game best played with online peeps. Are we going to get some NE gaming together?

IGN have recorded some gameplay of the Switch version.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Best thing about the Switch version? No hackers/dupers who use (cloud) save backups to abuse the loot system :D 

• Haha 1

On 21/08/2018 at 12:04 PM, drahkon said:

Best thing about the Switch version? No hackers/dupers who use (cloud) save backups to abuse the loot system :D 

Doesn’t this game release after the launch of the paid online service though? ;)

2 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Doesn’t this game release after the launch of the paid online service though? ;)

Yup, at the time of my post it hadn't been announced that this game uses cloud saves, yet, though. :p 

Shame, actually, because duping ruins the game when playing with randoms. 

• Thanks 1

Another nugget about this, all game and DLC data will be on the retail cartridge and apparently no download will be required at all. I assume that there'll still be some kind of day one patch for performance issues but it's a welcome change from the required downloads of other third party titles.

• Like 3

13.3GB install, compared to 40.64GB base game on PS4. Nice to see a developer bothering to optimise the file size.

Sign in to follow this