NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

N-Europe Video Game Club

23 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Just over another hour to hit 100%

The "optional" area you spoke about Jonnas was cool, really enjoyed it. And it SUCKS that it hides one of the best abilities in the game. This game is a little back-to-front, I get that you should feel more powerful as the game goes on, it's how the genre is built, but I had a MUCH better time with this game once everything was unlocked, it's just such a shame it started to feel good / play better in the final third after the annoying stuff earlier on had already worn me out. 360 deaths !! Just rename the game Celeste II and be done with it... Overall, I'm glad I stuck with it, might delete my negative Steam review 

iDwcvTw.jpg

Those 360 deaths are under a literal red ring of death, and I love it.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Haha 3

We've been chatting away behind the scenes of the Podcast, and have come up with an idea for the next Theme to vote on a game for the Club.

It's the Your Doom is Nigh.

Classic old-school Doom games, not the 2017 version.  All are reasonably priced across a variety of platforms, and the 4 titles to choose and vote from would be;

1. Doom (Original)
  2. Doom 2 (Original)
  3. Doom 3
  4. Doom 64

And that's it.

Drop your preference to play through below and we'll get the voting started immediately.

It'll give me time to mention it on the Podcast next week (episode 28 - recorded on the 24th May), and then announce the winner the following week.  So, voting will go on until Friday the 29th of May.

The usual time of a month to play through the entire game (June), share our experiences here, and record a podcast about our collective viewpoints during the first week of July (5th of July).

Let's get voting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Doom 64  because it deserves more recognition that it got when it was first released, this is now the definitive version, available on all platforms and I really want to play it. :D

But pick any of these games and I'll likely play them, it's just that Doom 64 is vastly underrated so it surely deserves to be played by a larger audience. :peace:

If we're doing second, third, last choices... the order would go... Doom II, Doom, Doom 3 because the second game is amazing, the first is still great and the third, though decent for what it is, still doesn't stack up to the rest of the series despite being the first game to really go for a more rebooted style before Doom 2016.

I think Doom 64 is more of a new entry in the series, in fact it's probably the most 'canon' game after the first two, while Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal seem like more of their own thing.

By the way @londragon I think a trick was missed by not calling this selection... Nintendoomed! :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a Doom fan (though I did play Doom 3 all the way through), so I'll likely skip this one. To make up for it, I'll update the index with a better structure:

Thread list (Hide contents)

Season 1
The N-E Club Hosts

1. 2018/08 (drahkon) - Wario Land 4
  2. 2018/09 (Ike) - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. 2018/10 (Jonnas) - Castlevania
  4. 2018/11 (Glen-i) - Yoshi's Island
  5. 2018/12 (S.C.G) - Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  6. 2019/01 (Vileplume2000) - Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
  7. 2019/02 (DCubed) - Metroid Prime
  8. 2019/03 (nekunando) - Starfox Guard
  9. 2019/04 (Lazyboy) - Furi

Season 2
The PodPals' Café

1. 2019/12 - Demon's Crest
  2. 2020/02 - Kirby's Dream Land 3
  3. 2020/04 - Ori and the Blind Forest
  4. 2020/06 - DoomPals...?

Looking forward to hearing impressions, anyway.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Jonnas you could vote for Doom 3, and as you’ve already played, wouldn’t have to again. That’s if it gets voted as our game to play, and then just tell us about it.

Edited by londragon

So, I'll start counting the votes.

1. Doom (Original)    [0]
  2. Doom 2 (Original) [0]
  3. Doom 3                 [0]
  4. Doom 64               [1]

17 hours ago, londragon said:

@Jonnas you could vote for Doom 3, and as you’ve already played, wouldn’t have to again. That’s if it gets voted as our game to play, and then just tell us about it.

I think that's a great idea because I am voting for Doom 3 myself :grin:

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm reticent to do so. It's been a long time since I played it, and my opinion of it was harsh...

...which is precisely why I will indeed vote Doom 3. Hopefully this will motivate more people to vote for their favourite Doom, to beat this one out :heh:

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still counting the votes.

1. Doom (Original)    [0]
  2. Doom 2 (Original) [0]
  3. Doom 3                 [3]
  4. Doom 64               [2]

Wow, Doom 3's still winning? Frankly, if you let it win, you definitely deserve to play it :p

Edited by Jonnas
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Last shout-out before I count the final votes.

For myself, I haven't voted yet, and find myself in a quandry.  Only owning Doom (original), I would prefer to vote for that, or 64.  That would tie the vote up and unless we have someone step in to vote between the 2, paper, scissors stone for the winner??

13 hours ago, londragon said:

Last shout-out before I count the final votes.

For myself, I haven't voted yet, and find myself in a quandry.  Only owning Doom (original), I would prefer to vote for that, or 64.  That would tie the vote up and unless we have someone step in to vote between the 2, paper, scissors stone for the winner??

I guess we can find a way to decide it live on the Podcast this weekend..

Well, I have decided to vote for what I really want to play. And it’s....... Doom 64.

It’s a tie. We’ll sort this out live on the podcast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, londragon said:

Well, I have decided to vote for what I really want to play. And it’s....... Doom 64.

It’s a tie. We’ll sort this out live on the podcast.

Settle it in a Deathmatch on Doom. :p

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

12 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Settle it in a Deathmatch on Doom. :p

Hmm, good idea.  :cheeky:

There may be an extra long podcast extras as we sort this out prior to the start of the podcast.

Settle it in Smash!

Or smash it out in Settlers (of Catan)

• Like 2
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, bob said:

I vote for Doom 64.

I vote for Doom 3 64. It's a tie again! :grin: 

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 1

It's quiet.. too quiet!

Has anyone been dipping into Doom 3 yet..? 

I'm just over 3 hours into the game and I'll be very interested to hear everyone's thoughts :grin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this