NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

N-Europe Video Game Club

Was going to edit my previous post, but londragon posted in the meantime.

Let me add a quick comment about Kirby's Dreamland 3.

I gave it a quick go when it was added, like I always do with all games. I needed a manual, as Kirby had a lot of options I wasn't familiar with, so haven't started seriously playing it. I didn't immediately get into it, as, besides not knowing all the options, it's too slow for my liking. Which is my common complaint with all Kirby games I've played after Kirby's Adventure. It's funny as I saw someone mention above Kirby's Adventure was slow, but the game can be fast enough most of the time, and I really miss Kirby's mobility in other Kirby games. But then again, I haven't played many. I'll probably give Dreamland 3 a serious go at some point though, it's still a Kirby game.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, londragon said:

I’ll have a look over the weekend and compile a shorter list taking into account everyone’s likes and desires.
Any other takers?

Here are three different Takers...

3102149_orig.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So, no more takers (apart from them 3).

Whittling down the list to something short, on a few platforms and/or likely to be cheap.

1. The Room

2.SteamWorld Dig

3.Axiom Verge

4. Doom (Original)

5. Turok

6. Ori & the Blind Forest

7. Pikuniku (currently 89p on the eShop)

Still a few too many for voting??

Pikuniku's discount lasts for 6 days, so if we're going to include it, it needs to be soon.

Anyway, if your goal was to include more modern stuff, I suppose you can do away with Doom and Turok, maybe?

EDIT: Snake Pass is currently 5,99€ until 7th April, and Anodyne is 0,99€ until the 26th March, if you want to throw those in (and make it only discounted games)

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1

Well, if that's the list and if you don't want Doom and/or Turok for whatever reason then the answer seems to be simple for whittling the choices down...

Modern Metroidvania

• Axiom Verge
  • Ori & the Blind Forest
  • SteamWorld Dig

I'll go with Axiom Verge because I've been meaning to play it for ages, I've heard good things about it, I've heard a few minor negatives about some aspects but overall it sounds like a game which is something of a labour of love and it's a title which I'd like to make my own mind up on.

Plus, the sequel got recently announced. :D

I've already played SteamWorld Dig and I can confidently say that it's one of the most uniquely rewarding games I've played in recent times.

I have not played Ori & the Blind Forest though I'm sure I'd probably enjoy it, I have it on the Xbox One, I'd prefer to play it on Switch but alas it's digital only still.

Those are my thoughts in the hope that they might help us in choosing a game. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure if @Dcubed has access to it or not, so this vote might backfire in my face, but Axiom Verge.

Wait, we're voting already? I thought S.C.G. only gave a suggestion. When's the deadline?

Wait, we're voting already? I thought S.C.G. only gave a suggestion. When's the deadline?

Yeah let’s vote, Sam’s suggestion of modern day Metroidvania’s is a good one.
As for closing dates;
End of the month to get your vote in, I can mention it on the podcast next week, for last minute voting, and then we’ve got pretty much all of April to play through the winner.
  • Like 2

Sorry for the double post;
Personally, I’d like to play through SteamWorld Dig again.

Well, in that case, I think it would be good to give a shout-out to the voting process in this week's podcast (if you haven't recorded it yet), or at least mention it in the N-E Café thread. Might be good to get as much input as we can.

Anyway, Steamworld Dig might be the cheapest and most accessible one right now (and also the only one of those 3 that I currently own), but my vote will go to Ori and the Blind Forest. I tried that one's demo recently, and I was impressed.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I'm not sure if @Dcubed has access to it or not, so this vote might backfire in my face, but Axiom Verge.

I do have access to it.  Come on mate.

Good choice BTW!

• Thanks 1

So, to give a finalised post for voting, here we go.

Modern Metroidvania

1. Axiom Verge (2)
  2. Ori & the Blind Forest (6)
  3. SteamWorld Dig (2)

Voting to end on April the 4th, we'll announce the winner here and on the N-E Cafe podcast (episode 21) recorded on Sunday, April 5th.

Gaming to commence for the full month of April, and I'll collect everyone's viewpoints on the winning game, and we'll record the PodPals podcast on Sunday, May 3rd (episode 25).

@Nicktendo so, which one are you plumping for?  Axiom Verge or Ori?

Edited by londragon

I'll vote for Ori :peace: been sitting on my Switch for a little while now, and it's the perfect excuse to get around to it!

• Like 1

I'd like to vote for Ori too; having just beaten the sequel I'd like an excuse to head back to original and then discuss my love for it! ♥️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

How much is Ori? And how big?

I think it's £14.99 unless it's on sale here in the UK (think I picked it up on sale actually), and my Switch is telling me it's 3.5 GB :) unless you mean game length, in which case I think it's a bit under 10 hours :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, I actually want to play the game if it's chosen, so I need to know how much it's going to cost me, and how much space I need. I'm guessing that's 20 euros. I've given up on a physical release I think. That said.. I also need to set aside money for Xenoblades, so we'll see.

Sign in to follow this