NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

N-Europe Video Game Club

It's getting to that time when we should close the vote and make the thread.

@nekunando, now's the time to vote.

And if no-one's up to it, I can make the thread tomorrow.

There haven't been many votes so I can't see too many playing whatever is selected but I think I will vote for GAME#3 Starfox Guard (which makes it a tie with GAME#2, I think)

If that is indeed the case and nobody else wishes to vote, I suspect my vote carries with it enough weight to make Starfox Guard the game for March :smile:

My vote would also be for Starfox Guard. Although my copy is still sealed and I'm tempted to leave it that way.

Well, there we have it. StarFox Guard wins with 3 votes.

I'll go ahead and make the thread.

Hope you don't mind, I figured it would be better to keep a list of the previous threads.

Spoiler

1. 2018/08 (drahkon) - Wario Land 4
  2. 2018/09 (Ike) - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. 2018/10 (Jonnas) - Castlevania
  4. 2018/11 (Glen-i) - Yoshi's Island
  5. 2018/12 (S.C.G) - Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  6. 2019/01 (Vileplume2000) - Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
  7. 2019/02 (DCubed) - Metroid Prime
  8. 2019/03 (nekunando) - Starfox Guard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Starfox Guard will be tough to follow up :grin:

Is there anyone who hasn't nominated yet that would like to do it and can be counted on to select 3 great games?

The first person to respond who fits this criteria wins :smile:

10 hours ago, Ike said:

@LazyBoy expressed interest in another thread?

Looks great guys, but I'm going to be restricted by the fact that my retro stuff is in storage. Would there be any interest in a £10 switch eshop round?

1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

Looks great guys, but I'm going to be restricted by the fact that my retro stuff is in storage. Would there be any interest in a £10 switch eshop round?

No.

33 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Fair enough

My disinterest shouldn't stop you from pursuing the idea, though :p 

6 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

That's OK, I know how it is when you've got a lot of your Retro stuff in storage, heck I only recently got my Sega Mega CD II out from long ago. :D

I'd say "Yes" to an eShop round, it wouldn't have to be just eShop though and wouldn't have to be restricted to £10 but I was thinking in terms of...

You have Sega Megadrive Classics, Capcom Beat 'em Up bundle plus all of the Sega Ages games which have come out so far.

I think a lot of forum members already have these, so you could choose one from the Sega Classics, Capcom Beat 'em Up Bundle and a Sega Ages title perhaps?

Or if there are any other classic games of your choosing which are on the eShop, that'd be cool as well I'd have thought...

There are tonnes of ACA Neo Geo titles, not to mention a fair few Nintendo Arcade titles under the same banner plus loads more besides. :peace:

The more I think about it, the more I'm warming to the idea even more. :)

Loads of us have a huge eShop library on Switch anyway; so I wouldn't be too bothered about the price of the games if I was making a list.

Might be a nice way of highlighting three lesser-known eShop titles that you'd like to see get a bit of spotlight and love though... That's what I'd do ;) 

Speaking of which... I wanna do one for DSiWare at some point! The games are all still available on 3DS and there are loads of little known titles that I'd LOVE to dedicate a VGClub month to!

• Thanks 1

I would be up for Hollow Knight if it was chosen. Thinking of getting the game myself and last I checked it was quite cheap on E-Shop.

14 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

I support this idea.

Pay no mind to drahkon's rejection, he's just jealous of all of our bitchin' Switches.

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Alright I've recovered from the initial rejection, though the emotional scars with stay with me for a long time.

I'm busy today but I'll get this set up tomorrow over on the switch board. Get thinking of what games you want to play!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

Alright I've recovered from the initial rejection, though the emotional scars with stay with me for a long time.

I'm busy today but I'll get this set up tomorrow over on the switch board. Get thinking of what games you want to play!

Post your options in this thread, then a new thread will be created based on whatever gets the most votes.

Have a look at previous posts in this thread to get an idea of formatting, etc.

Shameless copy and pasting incoming.

I want to kick off a Switch eshop subdivision of this group. Whereas the existing group focuses on retro games, this will focus on Switch eShop games, preferably in the GBP10 zone, and even better if we can get something on sale.

Cause who doesn't like a good deal right?

We will aim for quality first, and then variety second. That way we have the best chance of enjoying the games. I think we do one a month. That leaves plenty of time to get through the game thoroughly, and plenty of leeway if those of us with busier lives find it hard to spare the time. 1st of every month we create a shortlist of candidates, then people can vote by 'Liking' my post and using the emoticons to indicate their preferences. I think this is a better method than the existing method of everyone creating a post for their votes, since it stop me missing anyone's votes, and keeps everything cleaner. Doesn't mean that you can't still argue in favour of a game though.

There's obviously no requirement for you to get every game - if you don't like the look of one you can always take a month off.

Discuss any aspect of the game you want, let us hear your thoughts. Please be careful with spoiler tags, but lets say anything in the first third of the game is fair play.

If you are up for it let us know below, and please make a noise if you have any objections to the set up. I will follow shortly with a shortlist for you guys to vote on, and add to if you wish.

Just choose three games and let people vote. :) That's the whole idea.

You can do it like this:

Spoiler

Switch

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by drahkon

If you have Nintendo Switch Online then you also have access to a bunch of NES games, which also have the highest availability.

Switch Game Club inaugural shortlist

Oh god the sheer excitement

I present 2 games to you that fit the criteria of being quality and bringing variety, whilst also being under a tenner.

If you have any other games you think are demanding of inclusion on this shortlist please speak up.

Voting is by reactions to this post. Embrace innovation! 

Closing for votes Monday (8th) at 17:30.

Furi
Adventure, Fighting, Shooter, Action
Currently GBP8.09 (55% off)

“This supremely stylish, arcade-style dueling game is in the same intensely engaging vein as some of the greatest action games of all time - Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, No More Heroes, God Hand - specifically when it comes to boss fights”
Games Radar

“Furi distills the basic nature of things I find ‘cool’ and combines them into a stylistic, excessive boss gauntlet. It’s all here: anime cyborg ninjas, a pulsing neon aesthetic, an energetic synthy score, dynamic and responsive combat, and enemies that talk a whole lot of shit.”
PC Gamer

“The exciting, genre-bending combat of these intense, one-on-one duels, all rendered in super sleek neon tones and with enemy art direction from the creator of Afro Samurai, kept me entranced”
IGN

To vote for Furi leave a 'like' on this post with a 'Haha'

The Gardens Between
Puzzle
Currently GBP8.99 (50% off)

“A miniature meditative masterwork. This time-bending story is an impeccably crafted minimalist model of video game and puzzle design.”
4 / 5 – The Guardian

“The Gardens Between is a masterpiece of minimalist storytelling, creating a shockingly moving, personal experience. Featuring a gorgeous, surrealist style and challenging but fair puzzles, this is a must-have title for anyone who enjoys puzzle games.”
9.5 / 10 – Gaming Trend

“Along with mind-boggling goodness, the presentation is fantastic. The Gardens Between managed to suck me in and leave me begging for more.”
Destructoid.

To vote for The Gardens Between leave a 'like' on this post with a 'Confused'

Lets do games!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Voted with a 'Haha' for Furi because I've wanted to play it, I even got the game as a physical release and I'm reliably informed that it's an excellent title. :D

7 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Voted with a 'Haha' for Furi because I've wanted to play it, I even got the game as a physical release and I'm reliably informed that it's an excellent title. :D

I've heard a couple good things about it, and the boss rush element tickles me since they're always my favourite part of any game. 

My vote is going to the puzzle game though - it's the kind of game only an indie can create - bold, creative, different.

Sign in to follow this