NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

N-Europe Video Game Club

4 hours ago, nekunando said:

Then vote for Luigi's Mansion :blank:

It's already too late, anyway! Metroid Prime is awesome but I'm surprised at the clamour to play it now when we could have news of a Switch version in the near future.. 

I have no interest in buying a potential trilogy.

5 hours ago, nekunando said:

It's already too late, anyway! Metroid Prime is awesome but I'm surprised at the clamour to play it now when we could have news of a Switch version in the near future.. 

A theoretical Switch version won't have pointer controls. It'll probably have gyro controls, but it won't be quite as accurate as Wii style pointing.

Edited by Glen-i

Both the Metroid Prime and Luigi's Mansion options appeal to me but for different reasons.

I've never really got on with the Prime series. I only finished the first 2 and I thought the original to be a good game but I didn't find it as amazing as most others do. I haven't played it since I beat it on the Gamecube all those years ago, so it would be interesting to see how I feel about the game after playing it again now. If I did play it I'd probably go with the Gamecube version due to my dislike of motion controls. 

I have yet to pick up Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS and if that were to win the vote then it could give me the nudge to get out and buy it. Saying that, if it were to lose, you could easily play through the game in one sitting and then move straight on to Prime. :p 

• Thanks 1

You really can't go wrong with any of them, but it seems like Game#1 is leading the pack...

I reckon it's time to call time on the vote!

Back to Phendrana Drifts we go! Have fun everyone! :D 

Excellent choices, Dcubed :peace: Unfortunately, I've had a crazy busy January, and I have reason to believe February will keep the same pace. Furthermore, my Wii has just gone inaccessible for the time being (not a big problem, but it's an issue that might take some time to fix), so I'll unfortunately have to skip this month. Shame, as I'd be up to revisit Metroid Prime.

Looking forward to the thread, though! There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm, which is always a good sign..

On 05/02/2019 at 1:46 AM, nekunando said:

Metroid Prime is awesome but I'm surprised at the clamour to play it now when we could have news of a Switch version in the near future.. 

There's a world of difference between playing a game now, and waiting for the announcement and release of a port that may or may not exist.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Excellent choices, Dcubed :peace: Unfortunately, I've had a crazy busy January, and I have reason to believe February will keep the same pace. Furthermore, my Wii has just gone inaccessible for the time being (not a big problem, but it's an issue that might take some time to fix), so I'll unfortunately have to skip this month. Shame, as I'd be up to revisit Metroid Prime.

Looking forward to the thread, though! There seems to be a lot of enthusiasm, which is always a good sign..

There's a world of difference between playing a game now, and waiting for the announcement and release of a port that may or may not exist.

It's hard to argue!

I played Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube last knowing a 3DS version was coming soon.. and then I went and bought, and am playing it, anyway :grin:

OK, guys. Who hasn't had an opportunity to put up 3 games for voting by now?

Because what will we play otherwise? Modern games!? That's unthinkable!

Edited by Glen-i

On 04/03/2019 at 5:48 PM, Glen-i said:

OK, guys. Who hasn't had an opportunity to put up 3 games for voting by now?

Because what will we play otherwise? Modern games!? That's unthinkable!

I know somebody who hasn't had an opportunity yet................... :blank:

Yeah sorry guys, I just don't have the time at the moment.
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, nekunando said:

Well, go ahead then.

16 hours ago, nekunando said:

I can't wait to see what you pick. :D

Just make sure that they are games that you actually want to play. ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S.C.G said:

I can't wait to see what you pick. :D

Just make sure that they are games that you actually want to play. ;)

I'm gonna guess they'll be GameCube games with one of them probably being Wave Race. :p 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm gonna guess they'll be GameCube games with one of them probably being Wave Race. :p 

I'd actually be... more than OK with this. :D

The only thing is, when picking games for N-E game club is ideally they would need to be available on at least the Wii and Wii U as well...

...but they don't have to be, if it was just GameCube only games which didn't get released on other platforms then that does increase the scope for titles.

Though this may limit the potential audience for the month.

I hope you all have a Virtual Boy :grin:

I'll have a think about the games later today but I don't think I'll be selecting anything too time-consuming, especially since we're almost a week into the month already!

I guess that does make Wave Race: Blue Storm a perfect candidate :hehe:

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I guess that does make Wave Race: Blue Storm a perfect candidate :hehe:

I Knew it! ;)

Might I also suggest 1080° Avalanche as it's the perfect companion to Wave Race and also F-Zero GX because... well... F-Zero! :D

Either way, I look forward to seeing which titles you pick. :peace:

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I Knew it! ;)

Might I also suggest 1080° Avalanche as it's the perfect companion to Wave Race and also F-Zero GX because... well... F-Zero! :D

Either way, I look forward to seeing which titles you pick. :peace:

I think you've basically already done that for him...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nekunando said:

I hope you all have a Virtual Boy :grin:

@Dcubed does. The saddo. Which means I have access to one too.

It's been a busy few days so we're already against the clock a little in March so I'm going to suggest 3 games that aren't particularly long and will provide a perfect little injection of refreshment.. I hope :grin:

There are many games I would like to suggest (Wave Race (GB), Wave Race 64 (N64) and Wave Race: Blue Storm (GC) was a huge temptation :heh: ) but I figured that would be too obvious.. and you should all go play Blue Storm right now without me needing to tell you to do so!

My suggestions for this month don't have a theme so hopefully there is something for us all to jump on..

GAME#1 Excitebike 64 (N64 / Wii U)

Image result for excitebike 64 pal box

I haven't played it for ages and would love to dip my toe back into it :hehe:

GAME#2 Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC)

Image result for viewtiful joe 2 pal box gamecube

I've beat the original Viewtiful Joe but I've never touched the sequel despite owning it for years!

GAME#3 Starfox Guard (Wii U)

Image result for starfox guard

This came with the excellent Starfox Zero but I just never got around to playing it!

Get voting :yay:

Edited by nekunando
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Those are some... Inspired choices! You're not gonna vote yourself @nekunando?

I guess I'm voting for Game #2. (Which is also available on PS2, by the way)

Edited by Glen-i

48 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Those are some... Inspired choices! You're not gonna vote yourself @nekunando?

I guess I'm voting for Game #2. (Which is also available on PS2, by the way)

I'll see how the voting goes before I make my choice :smile:

Hopefully enough people have access to the selected games!

Those are... not the choices I was expecting! Pretty interesting selection actually!

Excitebike 64 is available on the Wii U VC BTW, in case you don't already own it!

I think I'm gonna vote for Game #3.  It deserves more love and respect than it gets at the moment, so it's the perfect candidate I reckon!

I don't/can't own any of these games :heh: As such, I won't vote, nor will I be able to participate in March, apparently.

That said, I do like the variety. Viewtiful Joe is a gem (which I played on PS2), Excitebike 64 I never played but always looked dope, and I got no clue about Starfox Guard. If I was participating, I'd probably vote Excitebike, but I'm looking forward to the thread regardless of which game wins.

I'm voting for Game #2 because of course I am... it's Viewtiful Joe 2! :D

Excitebike 64 is good and all but I played it when it came out on the Wii U and I own it on the N64, so still no problem with breaking that one out if it does win.

StarFox Guard though? It has been sealed for this long... it might as well stay sealed. :p But who knows... if this wins, maybe I'll unseal it.

Going to abstain from voting this month, simply because I would not be taking part due to not owning any of those games and not looking to spend money on games right now. As such it's unfair of me to vote so I won't.

9 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Going to abstain from voting this month, simply because I would not be taking part due to not owning any of those games and not looking to spend money on games right now. As such it's unfair of me to vote so I won't.

It's the same for me, so no vote from me.

Sign in to follow this