NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

N-Europe Video Game Club

I played Wario Land last year and have absolutely no desire to ever revisit it so hopefully there are a few more votes :grin:

26 minutes ago, nekunando said:

I played Wario Land last year and have absolutely no desire to ever revisit it

Sometimes you make it really difficult for me to like you. :p 

12 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Sometimes you make it really difficult for me to like you. :p 

Ah.. just be like everyone else and stop trying!

So the votes have been tallied, and the current result is:

#1 Super Mario Land - 1 vote

#2 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - 2 votes

#3 Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - 3 votes

I haven't voted yet myself I see, which is ehm, not too smart. :p I wanted to vote for Wario Land anyway, so if my vote counts or not, Wario Land it is!

220px-Wario_Land_Box_Art.jpg

I'll make the topic for it soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Ah snap! I completely missed out on the vote.

Oh well, I'll play through Wario Land anyway.

Hmm... @nekunando wants me to pick a good one this time? Ok, maybe I’ll choose WaveRa...

... nah, actually I’m gonna pick these three...

Spoiler

PalatableDistortedGuernseycow-small.gif

It’s time to jump into everyone’s favourite purple lunchbox and tuck into some cuboid classics!

Spoiler

1: Metroid Prime

12131_front.jpg

- What better way to celebrate the return of Samus Retro Studios on Metroid than with the game that started it all!? Well, there are another two choices I suppose, so I can’t force you guys to pick this one; but you should totally pick this one!

(Available on GCN, Wii and Wii U eShop)

Spoiler

2: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

19375-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker

- Screw Breath of the Wild! This game is Open World Zelda done right! A thousand times better than that newfangled garbage! You should probably pick this one.

(Available on GCN and Wii U)

Spoiler

3: Luigi’s Mansion 

14094_front.jpg

- With Luigi’s Mansion 3 on the way, why not celebrate by playing Luigi’s Mansion 3........D! What? You wanted it on Switch? You wanted to play it with a GCN controller? Well I can’t help you with the former, but the original GCN version will help wipe those fanboy tears away. You should pick this o... err... either one!

(Available on GCN and 3DS)

No complaints? Good!

My vote goes to Game #1 (What!? You could tell!? Damn, guess I've gotta learn to be more subtle ;) )

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, gonna have to go with Game #1 as well. I'm really in the mood for that.

3 legitimately great games.. I'm shocked :eek:

I can't got with Metroid Prime because I want to wait for the Switch version (it's coming, right..? :heh: )

As for Wind Waker, I played it on Wii U and don't quite feel ready to go into it again.

I'll vote for GAME#3 because I played the GC version last year and am nearing the end of it on 3DS :grin:

Damn, why didn't I think of picking GameCube games, good call @Dcubed :D (I think I just have trouble thinking of the GC as "retro" even though it has been seventeen years) :p

Well, you know that I'm going to vote for Game #1  because even though I want Metroid Prime Trilogy to come to the Switch, I'd totally play it again on the original console.

Even though the motion controls add a lot on the Wii version, there's still something about that original control scheme and being able to select beams with the C-Stick. :heart:

And I can play it with a relatively fresh GC controller thanks to getting one with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, so that's a plus.

As for the other choices... Game #2 is one that I would play again only if the remastered version came to the Switch as I just can't go back to the GC version, not right now anyway.

While I feel that Game #3 is a good enough choice, we just got a re-release of it on the 3DS and I wanted to check that out at some point even though original's still likely better.

Either way, whatever the choice... I'll make the effort to get two of my GameCube consoles setup, one with component and one with HDMI to finally see which looks the best.

Though from what I've seen so far, there really isn't much in it, the official component cables are amazing but the HDMI solutions available now do seem to equal it at least.

Anyway, that's probably a conversation for another thread but I'm looking forward to playing some GameCube games this month! :peace:

• Thanks 1

Voting for game #3 so I have an excuse to finish the 3DS version. I don't think I could finish the first 2 in time.

• Like 1

Ooh, this is the first time I could actually join in with this!

Two games that I own but never finished, and one that I don't.

I'll vote for Game #1!

• Thanks 2

Sadly, I won't able to take part as I don't have my GC at my flat. ::shrug: 

No vote from me, then :p 

No vote from me, then  
Interestingly, there's nothing stopping you from voting for a game you never intend to play.

It's a fun way of ensuring that@nekunando has to play Wario Land against his will.
  • Haha 6
  • Weird 1

4 hours ago, bob said:

Interestingly, there's nothing stopping you from voting for a game you never intend to play.

It's a fun way of ensuring that@nekunando has to play Wario Land against his will.

Oh.. I just didn't play it :smile:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, drahkon said:

No vote from me, then :p 

You can still vote... and these games are all available on other platforms too (that's a big reason why I picked them!)

Just now, Dcubed said:

You can still vote... and these games are all available on other platforms too (that's a big reason why I picked them!)

I might vote, but I don't have access to the other platforms, as well :p 

• Weird 1

I only voted previous time to help out @nekunando :p

But I'll vote MP1, even though I'm unlikely to play it. I might though, I recently heard the Phendrana Drifts theme again in some Youtube video.. And I got incredibly nostalgic. But chances are small.

• Thanks 1

I vote for all 3, is that allowed? :D

I genuinely don’t care, I’d gladly play any of them again !

2 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I vote for all 3, is that allowed? :D

I genuinely don’t care, I’d gladly play any of them again !

Then vote for Luigi's Mansion :blank:

It's already too late, anyway! Metroid Prime is awesome but I'm surprised at the clamour to play it now when we could have news of a Switch version in the near future.. 

Sign in to follow this