NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

N-Europe Video Game Club

OK, time to vote and this time, once again all games are from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Wikipedia_SNES_PAL.jpg

No, I couldn't find a bigger picture of it, so this one will have to do!

All titles are based around one of peoples favourite third parties of the Nineties and Noughties...

Konami_3rd_logo.png&f=1

"insert familiar sounding jingle here"

Spoiler

ContraIII.jpg

Publisher: Konami
Developer: Konami
Released: 1992
System: SNES

Also known as Super Probotector: Alien Rebels if you played it on a PAL SNES back in the day, Contra III is regarded as one of, if not the best Contra games in the series, it's a really fantastic run 'n gun title which is fun in single player but even more chaotic in two-player, just don't go fightng over the power-ups. Being that this game technically has two versions, take your pick! Play as Commandos or Robots... personally if this game is picked then I'll likely go with the "PAL exclusive robot version" but only because I want to try it out on original hardware, Contra III is the most authentic way to play it.

Available on: SNES, Wii, WiiU, New 3DS and SNES Mini

Verdict: Pick this one if you want to see me slog my way through the original PAL version, it'll still be fun though.

Spoiler

SuperCastlevaniaIV.jpg

Released: 1992

Surely most Nintendo fans must have played this game on one platform or another over the years? No? Then what batter time than now to play the immortal classic famous for cementing the traditional gameplay that is Super Castlevania IV. It's impossible to go wrong with this perfectly paced title which really shows what the Castlevania series has always been about; exploration and extermination! Of course you won't be dealing with branching pathways like in later games, but you're still exploring the stages as you go along because believe me, you'll be swinging your whip against every dead end trying to find hidden extra lives if you're playing this properly... or you know... just use save states if you're playing a modern VC or mini classic version. Regardless of how you play though, this is still a great time.

Available on: SNES, Wii, WiiU, New 3DS and SNES Mini

Verdict: Go with this one if you'd rather I continue my current playthrough on the game on an Analogue Super NT using only the original password feature.

Spoiler

TheLegendoftheMysticalNinja.jpg

Released: 1994

Ah yes, who could forget good old Goemon? Well apparently a lot of people, as this series always seemed quite niche in its appeal to me but I've always loved it even when looking at reviews of the games in the series in Nintendo magazines back in the day, The Legend of the Mystical Ninja is an RPG adventure game featuring a brilliant cast of characters, some really bizarre moments and would go on to spawn not one but two N64 titles. But the charm of this 16-bit title is still very unique all of its own and although I've played it on the various Virtual Consoles I've always wanted to play it from the original cartridge; regardless of that though, it's a game I would say is worthwhile of anyone's time, regardless of how they choose to play it.

Available on: SNES, Wii, WiiU, New 3DS

Verdict: Only choose this one if you really want to play an excellent 16-bit RPG like no other and if you want me to blow some cash on an original copy.

I'll be voting for Game #2 because of course I am!

You have until December 12th to cast your vote, because that's how this works I believe.

(there are potentially "stakes" or sorts for me which are in the verdicts for each game just to make it more fun but I don't really mind which you pick because I'll play them all again at some point)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy, this is a tough one. I mean, Game#1 is right out for me (it's not my cup of tea at all), but the choice between #2 and #3 is excrutiating. There are strong reasons as to why I should choose one or the other... as well as strong reasons as to why I shouldn't choose either!

After some deliberation, I think I'll vote for Game #3. Main reasons being that I haven't played it, that it's a dope series, and the feeling that nobody else will vote for it :heh:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Oh boy, this is a tough one. I mean, Game#1 is right out for me (it's not my cup of tea at all), but the choice between #2 and #3 is excrutiating. There are strong reasons as to why I should choose one or the other... as well as strong reasons as to why I shouldn't choose either!

After some deliberation, I think I'll vote for Game #3. Main reasons being that I haven't played it, that it's a dope series, and the feeling that nobody else will vote for it :heh:

Well, hold on to your hat :eek:

I am also going to vote for Game #3 :heh:

While Super Probotector is probably my favourite of the three (and I regret not taking advantage of a recent MyNintendo discount to get it on 3DS) and I wouldn't mind playing Super Castlevania IV again as I've only ever been through it once on Wii Virtual Console, I was looking at Mystical Ninja on my 3DS after clearing Super Punch-Out!! the other day and thinking it may soon be time to sit down and play through it.

This could be that time..

• Thanks 1

Funny that. I was gonna put Super Castlevania IV as one of my Smash themed picks last month, but decided against it because the original Castlevania was chosen for October.

That's probably the only game I have a chance of beating, so I'm voting for Game #2.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Funny that. I was gonna put Super Castlevania IV as one of my Smash themed picks last month, but decided against it because the original Castlevania was chosen for October.

This was actually one of the reasons I considered not voting for it, especially when Castlevania was chosen under my turn :heh: But hey, if the people choose Belmont again, I won't say no, either. Good game is good game.

Well, no matter which way the vote goes, I have actually now just bought a copy of the one game out of the three that I didn't own physically. :p

It was already kind of on the cards for a while anyway, mind but I just so happened to find the perfect seller, selling the perfect boxed and complete copy of it. :D

That's probably the last game I'll purchase this year now... aside from Smash of course but that's agiven. ;)

So choose what you like, I'm ready to play them all either way. :cool:

(Or I will be when the game hopefully arrives safely soon anyway)

• Like 1

I dunno if i'll be playing but my vote goes to Game #3. Despite @RedShell raving loving it, i've still yet to play the game or any of the franchise for that matter. This would be a good opportunity to rectify this.

• Like 2

Not sure if it’s cool to vote without actually taking part, but if so, I’d obviously vote for #3 and do a favor to you lot that have never played it before. :D 

TBH it could be a case of you had to be there (i.e. experienced it back in the day) but having said that, I played through it again a couple of years ago and although it’s difficult for me to be objective when it comes to this game (and the Mystical Ninja franchise in general :hehe:) I do believe it still holds up very well indeed. As do all of the titles in @S.C.G’s selection actually. :cool: 

So yeah, you’re in for a good time no matter what gets picked. :peace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The amount of love Goemon is getting right now warms my heart. For real.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jonnas said:

I don't like Mystical Ninja. It's confusing and I get bored of it in about 15 minutes.

6 hours ago, Jonnas said:

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I don't like Mystical Ninja. It's confusing and I get bored of it in about 15 minutes.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You know, that's fair. I haven't played the SNES game, it might turn out to be bad. The Gameboy game was definitely boring.

Now, if you had said that about the N64 games, those would be fightin' words.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jonnas said:

You know, that's fair. I haven't played the SNES game, it might turn out to be bad. The Gameboy game was definitely boring.

Now, if you had said that about the N64 games, those would be fightin' words.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on N64 was just OK..

• Haha 1

Time to count up the votes then...

Game #1    0 votes
Game #2    2 votes
Game #3    5
votes

So that means, this months game is The Legend of the Mystical Ninja with more than double the amount of votes. :D

I guess I've got a thread to make... :indeed:

On 07/12/2018 at 1:52 AM, nekunando said:

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on N64 was just OK..

I take a week-long break, and this is what happens? Good thing I'm a toughie who can handle your cruel words.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

So, @S.C.G who shall become our host for January?

I would like to nominate @Vileplume2000 to kick off the N-E Video Games Club in 2019. :D

• Like 1

Allright, time for the January games! I think it's time to bring out the:

Big grey Brick of Joy, it's the original Game Boy! Well, it will be the Pocket for me as my original one is a little busted. So stock up on batteries, slam on that magnifying glass and make sure you have a lamp nearby.

266px-Gameboy.jpg

As for the games, let's go with a theme here. Of course you all probably have played all these games to bits, but I haven't touched them in a while. They are rather short as well so it may be nice to do a short inbetweener after your previous ordeal.

220px-Supermariolandboxart.jpg

220px-Super_Mario_Land_2_box_art.jpg

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Let's get voting! I think we usually do a week, so vote before the 10th of January!

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Thanks 3

Oh yeah that post looks like shit by the way, but I can't properly edit it (anyone else has problems editing posts with spoiler tags?), and I can't delete it to start over so you'll just have to do with it. :grin: 

My vote goes to Game #2

It's a classic title - although you can't go wrong with the other choices - and another reason is that I actually need to find my original cartridge for it.

I'm gonna vote for Wario Land! Was playing through it again just a few months ago... until my cartridge battery died partway through a playthrough!!! (Bloody frustrating!).  Game is brill and needs more love! :D 

Plus I need an excuse to either replace the battery in my cartridge copy or get it on the 3DS! I wanna finish my playthrough! (or, well, start it over again in this case!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Nice :hehe: Any of those games would be awesome!

My vote goes to Game#3, since it's currently discounted on My Nintendo. Also, it's my favourite of the three.

Edited by Jonnas

Sign in to follow this