NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

N-Europe Video Game Club

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If this actually comes about ( highly doubt it will ) then I suggest we use this thread for voting and a new one created for the actual discussion of the game. Something like August N-E Game Club: Mario Tennis Power Tour, with a new one created each month.

That was the plan :peace: 

Damn. Started a new page.

The games up for voting are on page 2 in this thread :D 

Edited by drahkon

I'm voting Wario Land 4 as well.

Haven't played it in yonks, plus it's the only one I actually own. (Thanks, 3DS ambassador program!)

Voting Kuru Kuru Kururin since I apparently own in on Wii U and I've not played it. 

I'm fine with Wario Land 4 also.

I go away for a few days, and I end up almost missing what seems like a cool idea.

I know I didn't sign up before now, but if my vote counts, I want to vote Wario Land 4. I've been wanting to replay that one.

I'd like to vote for Wario Land 4 please. :D

Despite having technically reviewed it twice (VCW #187 on 3DS and VCW#295 on Wii U) it will be interesting to see how the game holds up another four years on. :peace:

Interestingly, I think it's one of those GBA games which I probably own in physical form... but I'm not completely sure. :p

Because I won't have time later today I will have to close the voting now. Here are the results:

kuru kuru kururin  - 1 vote
Mario Tennis: Power Tour - 2 votes

Wario Land 4 - 4 votes

And with that, we have a winner. Wario Land 4 it is.

Going to cook launch now and after that I'll create a thread :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey there, I know I didn't chime in this time, but I love the idea of this thread and hope it becomes a staple of the community! (Wario Land 4 is a brilliant choice of first game too!)

I can't join in this month's one, but I'd definitely love to get involved down the line! :peace:

Two days late (wanted to post in here on the 1st of September), sorry.

The first game we played only managed to get the dedicated thread to page 2. However, I did enjoy reading about progress and impressions and to be honest I'd like to continue with the N-Europe Video Game Club and give it a couple of more rounds. 

As per the rules I get to choose the next participant who will decide which game we play on which system.

I won't reward @Hero-of-Time's insane speed when it comes to completing video games so NO, YOU ARE NOT THE NEXT :p 

I will, however, give @Ike the next choice as he played Wario Land 4 on a GBA Micro. Always a plus. 

So, go ahead. Give us a system and a choice between three games. :peace: 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good stuff. I prepped my Wii U last night ready for the results.  
DkoW1WCXsAAJ8p_?format=jpg

Are those.......folders?

Oh snap, wasn't expecting that so wasn't really prepared.

Spoiler

215px-Game-Boy-FL.jpg 1843bddd717d6cd9433bd949eb330388--mmf250

Not sure if it's cheating as technically you could argue they were 2 different consoles, but the Gameboy Colo(u)r was my first Nintendo console and was an introduce of a lot of what would become some of my favourite game series. All 3 of my game picks can be played on the original console though.

Spoiler

Links_Awakening_box.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (DX) - My friend in brought the original non-DX in to school and basically introduced me to the Zelda series, and probably to Nintendo as a whole. Been wanting to replay it for a while as I mentioned previously so there's probably no surprise this is one of my choices. The game started development in the developers free time basically to see how Zelda would work on a handheld. Funny how the unconventional Zelda turn out to be the best ones. 

Availability: Gameboy, Gameboy Color (Backwards compatibility/DX version), 3DS VC

Spoiler

Super_Mario_Land_2_box_art.jpg

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - Another game I've been wanting to replay, was also one of the games I got with my Gameboy Color.  A huge improvement over its predecessor with large sprites, an overworld map that let you do levels in any order with secret exits, multiple powerups and the debut of Wario which ties in nicely with last month's Game Club game. Wario was created as a sort of "anti-Mario" born from the friendly(?) rivalry between R&D1 (developers of the Land series) and EAD (original Super Mario developers) teams.

Availability: Gameboy, Gameboy Color (Backwards compatibility), 3DS VC

Spoiler

Gargoyles_Quest.jpg

Gargoyle's Quest - I got nothin'. Bought it on the 3DS VC and haven't played it. ::shrug:

Availability: Gameboy, Gameboy Color (Backwards compatibility), 3DS VC

Well I literally JUST beat SML2 again yesterday for kicks, so I'm voting for Link's Awakening! :D 

Gargoyles Quest is damn good though! If you haven't played it before, I strongly recommend it at some point! (Even though it's absolutely balls hard! - No! Because it's balls hard!)

Edited by Dcubed

I vote for Super Mario Land 2, as I haven't played that one in forever. I'll be fine with Link's Awakening too, even if I'd rather play a shorter game.

But not Gargoyle's Quest, as I came to hate that one (I had it as a child). I don't know what others see in that game. Sure, there's funny engrish involved, but that's not enough.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Link's Awakening DX as, like with Wario Land 4, it'll give me an excuse to finally get around to playing it :hehe:

Edited by nekunando

I wasn't expecting Gargoyle's Quest to be so controversial, couldn't think of a 3rd game so just went through my VC purchases. :laughing:

My vote goes to Link's Awakening DX because it has been a while since I visited Koholint Island. :D

For the record though, Gargoyle's Quest is excellent and everyone who has a 3DS should download it on the VC and play it. ;)

Don't make me go and find my review of it... because I will if required. :p

Gargoyle's Quest gets my vote.

I freaking loved it as a kid and this would be a great opportunity to play it again. I still remember the music from the first level :D 

Edited by drahkon

I played through Gargoyle's Quest a few months back actually. So I can't vote for that really.

And we did just do a platformer.

So my vote is for Link's Awakening (DX)

Edited by Glen-i

So, when is the voting phase supposed to end? I'm at the edge of my seat to see which game won.

Would you mind if I join you? This is a perfect excuse to clean up some of my backlog. 

I do not want to vote this time, though, for I think it would be rude to the people wanting a particular game. 

Spoiler

I hope Link's Awakening wins. 

Edited by Gourmet / Esperpento

On 08/09/2018 at 3:31 AM, Gourmet / Esperpento said:

Would you mind if I join you? This is a perfect excuse to clean up some of my backlog. 

I do not want to vote this time, though, for I think it would be rude to the people wanting a particular game. 

hehe (Reveal hidden contents)

I hope Link's Awakening wins. 

You're allowed to join and vote, it hasn't ended yet although I think there's a clear winner.

Am I supposed to end the vote or is that still @drahkon, I'm not sure when the voting period ends?

11 hours ago, Ike said:

Am I supposed to end the vote or is that still @drahkon, I'm not sure when the voting period ends?

Sorry, should have made that clear: you can end the vote :)

7 hours ago, drahkon said:

Sorry, should have made that clear: you can end the vote :)

@Ike should have said "Here are my 3 games, I vote for Option B. And now I'm closing the vote. Option B wins!"

Missed opportunity there.

Sign in to follow this