NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Solo

THE TIME IS NOW...

I apologise in advance for making this thread just for one query but I am just about to purchase my pc and i'm spending all my money, could someone with expertise tell me that this is a good buy.

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2-3800+ Processor

Genuine Windows® XP Home

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mainboard

1024MB PC3200 DDR Memory

250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive

256MB GeForce 7800GT Graphics

19" Viewsonic VP-730 TFT Display

Sony 16x Dual Layer DVD Writer

Sony 16x DVD-ROM Drive

7.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio

T7900 - 7.1 Speakers + Subwoofer

Logitech Cordless KB & Optical Mouse

Classic PLus Warranty-1Year Onsite

Order Total: £1115.32

IMAGELIBRARYIMAGECONTENT57927002D1002D1.jpg

Please help me!

Mesh make really good computers. I think you're getting a good deal there, I'm not too hot on graphics cards though so I can't comment on that, everything else is good though...

You could probably knock off a hundred quid by doing it yourself but it'd be more hassle than it's worth. Go for it.

Also, get Windows XP Pro. Home is shit.

-edit-

Also consider buying another mouse, as I think that's the same one my mother has (she paid quite a bit for it too) and it lags horribly. Ah well, you'll feel it :)

Thats is a pretty sweet package, the gpu is pretty good also, will handle the top games at decent settings. Do you really need a dvd rom drive as well as a dual layer one? Unless you make a lot of disk to disk copies that is.

Looks pretty sweet to me, im not a big Graphics card knower but id say the rest of it seems like a dam good deal, but i agree with Dieter, get Pro, home is shite

Thankyou for all of your imput, I have a an extra 100 odd pounds to use, I was wondering whether I should spend it on 2gb of RAM (extra 75 pounds) or go one up on the video card and get a 7800 GTX (extra 130 pounds).

Does anyone know if 2gb of RAM is needed for todays powerful games?

there exist onley 2 games (now) that can fulley use 1 Gbyte of ram (FEAR and BF2) so get the better gfx card, you can always upgrade ram later.

Sign in to follow this