NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Doom Eternal

I know I'm late on this, but I am SO IN! for this! :D 

Bloody fantastic to see the Switch version launch day and date with the other versions! Really looking forward to this one! :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ended up writing a little news article about it over the weekend. :smile:

content-4-35583-doometernalbanner.jpg

The game looks fantastic and although we likely won't see media from the Switch version for a little while, it's good to see that it's in production. :D

Now I've just got to play through the first game in the meantime... :p

• Like 3

Unfortunately I must say Panic Button dropped the ball on this one. The Switch version looks significantly worse:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ha, good one... I fell for it, nice trailer though. :grin:

• Weird 1

That was really well done! Good laugh!

Cant wait for this game though.  It looks like so much fun! :D 

https://www.resetera.com/threads/doom-eternal-delayed-to-march-2020-switch-version-further-delayed-with-no-current-release-date-doom-64-coming-to-all-platforms-as-pre-order-bonus.145742/

72643672_3109508095732519_91874234397601

Bummer... Not only has the game been delayed till March 20th 2020 on PS4/Xbone, but the Switch version is now no longer a day-and-date release; it's now coming out after the PS4/Xbone versions :( 

Not only that, but Doom 64 has been delayed too (though it is now being given out for free as a pre-order bonus on all platforms)

Poo.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Good on them for delaying it rather than releasing it broken and fixing later, like so many other publishers/devs seem to.

The same day as Animal Crossing though? They're crazy.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Good on them for delaying it rather than releasing it broken and fixing later, like so many other publishers/devs seem to.

The same day as Animal Crossing though? They're crazy.

It's not the same day as AC on Switch though... Switch version is getting extra delayed and is no longer launching on the same day as the other versions :( (Wouldn't surprise me if avoiding AC was half of the reason for doing that).

Edited by Dcubed

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

It's not the same day as AC on Switch though... Switch version is getting extra delayed and is no longer launching on the same day as the other versions :( (Wouldn't surprise me if avoiding AC was half of the reason for doing that).

I was half joking really, but even so I still think it's a little strange. I know the games are literally polar opposites :laughing: but AC will sell 10+ million, Doom won't get near that.

content-4-36007-doometernaldelayedbanner.jpg

Annnnd on the front page. :D

Looking forward to playing Doom Eternal next year then on the Switch. :peace:

I should have enough time to play Doom (2016) now... :p

• Thanks 1

Still no news on the release date of this, but Bethesda has confirmed that it is still coming but now only digitally for some reason. 

“While Doom Eternal is 100% on track for an imminent digital-only release on Nintendo Switch, the absence of a physical release at retail resulted in cancelled pre-orders. Affected customers will receive full refunds and should contact their preferred retailer for more information.”

Edited by MindFreak
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Still no news on the release date of this, but Bethesda has confirmed that it is still coming but now only digitally for some reason.

Oh well, that's that then.

I'll just pick it up on the PS4 instead, now that we know there's no physical Switch release.

I still play the multiplayer on Doom (2016) on the Switch, and I think that's all I'll use it for now.

33 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Oh well, that's that then.

I'll just pick it up on the PS4 instead, now that we know there's no physical Switch release.

I still play the multiplayer on Doom (2016) on the Switch, and I think that's all I'll use it for now.

Currently only £16.99 over on Amazon.

• Thanks 1

Well, that's a disappointment. I'm unlikely to buy the digital version if I get a refund.

9 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I'll just pick it up on the PS4 instead

I’d have recommended that regardless to be honest.

As incredibly impressive as these wonder ports to Switch are, given the choice I’d always try to play them on a platform where they run more comfortably.
Same goes for Doom Eternal, definitely plan to play it on PC, but  just waiting for it to show up on Game Pass now. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find it hard to believe that this decision has anything to do with performance and troubles with development. Sure, running from cartridge is a little slower than from system memory but I don't think that's the main reason for the decision. 

They have clearly run into some problems that take longer to solve than anticipated. They won't even announce an estimated release window which says a lot, I think. But at least they have the integrity (and cash) to postpone it until it's good enough to release. 

December 8th!

Absolutely insanely late (bloody hell it’s a Microsoft 1st party game now!) but better than never!

I’m more interested as to when it’s coming to Game Pass for PC. :hehe: 

Although it’s probably going to be too late now, what with Cyberpunk around the corner (maybe :heh:) so I probably won’t get to play this until next year anyway.

I’ll probably still get it on Switch for the portability and gyro aiming, even though I have it on Game Pass on Series X.

Once again, Microsoft/Xbox Game Studios is the best 3rd party publisher on Switch ;) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I’ll probably still get it on Switch for the portability and gyro aiming, even though I have it on Game Pass on Series X.

Have you already played it on Xbox though, or were you always planning to wait for the Switch port?

Anyway, it’s looking pretty good in the trailer at least. The Digital Foundry vid should be interesting. 

48 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Have you already played it on Xbox though, or were you always planning to wait for the Switch port?

Anyway, it’s looking pretty good in the trailer at least. The Digital Foundry vid should be interesting. 

Not yet.  I was indeed holding out for the Switch port; but of course, I now have a Series X and Game Pass... so...

Yeah, will be interesting to see how it compares.  As nice as it’ll be on Series X though, it won’t have portability or Gyro controls; so the Switch version still has unique value.

Sign in to follow this