NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

Russian Inventor Patents Invisibility Cloak

wow,

if those things were mass-produced, theyre wud be so much stealing, rape, and basically any other crime.

But also u cud pull some funny pranks, and get away from people pretty easy

aye, but they'd be so dam expensive so we should be ok. Every army is ghoing to wants these for their troops

That is pretty mad.

But how long before the military step in and want to use the technology ?

I've seen something like this before, made by the Japs, i'm pretty sure someone posted a thread about it on c-e.

Still, crazy stuff, I would love to have one (as most would im sure :P).

Whilst I think it would be pretty cool for me personally to be able to become invisible, the prospect of everyone else in world being able to do the same really really scares me. o.o

Woah, this is a pretty cool invention for the sake of inventing, however, I hope this will never be used in the outside world.

But as a precaution, from now on I'll only walk around with a heat scanner.

I've seen something like this before, made by the Japs, i'm pretty sure someone posted a thread about it on c-e.

Still, crazy stuff, I would love to have one (as most would im sure :P).

Yeah I think I can remember that, but there was some slight problem. Wasn't there a greenish tint or something? My memory sucks.

They look well sweat, as people said they would be so expensive that only militry (and rich ones at that) would be intrested in them, it's the sort of thing the us wold waste billions tinkering with. I can't see the avergae joe getting hold of one. Also people commit crimes whatever, it would be just anouther way, but to comabt it, police would just use thermal vesion googles, so in thruth the best use would be rich armies fighting poor armies.

They'd be so expensive to buy and produce that hardly anyone would have one anyway. But this is a huge leap forward in optical thingy-ma-bobs. Will we have flying cars and rocket boots next?

Actually, I remember a while ago now, there was a machine made that could transport light beams. At the time it was said that it'd probably take 10 or 15 years but eventually they'd be able to transport matter. Maybe that'll be the next big invention!

With both of those inventions the possibilities would be endless hehehe :p

meh. not so excited about that. possibility that we hear about that in the next ten years again: 4%. but yeah, the heat scanner is a pretty good idea. always.

If this is something that I saw where you have to have a camera behind you and a projector in front then this is old news and pretty useless.

, rape,

Even if they were invisible I'm pretty sure you would know if you were being raped.

That darned Harry Potter ey?

Imagine a flat screen with no borders showing a image of whats behind it. Then put something behind the screen, and voila. Invisibility!

Imagine a small ball on a pin, dotted with tiny lightsensors and lights. Each light will recreate the light coming in from the opposite side. Decorate a object with these balls and you could have a form of invisibility. The smaller you can make these balls, the more invisible the object will be.

Even if they were really expensive, many criminals have huge amounts of money to spend and contacts in the army... Besides everycountry would eventually have them and things would become weird.

As cool as that sounds it can open up a lot more crimes,put it can also be used for good things aswell,bit dodgy in the wrong hands

This just reminds of the joke where superman flies past and sees wonderwoman on the rooftop sprea..... You know the rest.

This just reminds of the joke where superman flies past and sees wonderwoman on the rooftop sprea..... You know the rest.

I rember that one...

ok i need that, i need that. a poncho. on brooklyn bridge. yeah.

FTW. shall i see about hiring out some rope and a tanker full of russian mercs?

I'l wait til its more developed, then play a prank on the hospital..

'My arm is missing! HA! Fooled ya'...its a pranksters dream an invisibility cloak, except from when people know your using it...

FTW. shall i see about hiring out some rope and a tanker full of russian mercs?

and some marines that arent wearing trousers would be super

Also people commit crimes whatever, it would be just anouther way, but to comabt it, police would just use thermal vesion googles, so in thruth the best use would be rich armies fighting poor armies.

It's not really police having the ability to catch the thiefs that's the problem..... Imagine this situation..... A crazy guy gets hold of a invis cloak...... Goes off killing people for fun.... The people who are killed don't see it coming, the people around can't see the guy doing it...... That's bad enough right? Well now you have no witnessess.... That makes it harder to find out who the hell did it in the first place.... Not really much to go on now. :-/ Now considering it's A LOT harder to catch someone now, people won't be as scared of commiting the crime in the first place..... More people go out killing people.... It would get a lot worse... Also people would now be able to sneak in your house behind you.... What kind of messed up stuff could they do in that position? You would no longer feel safe at home or outside.... Chaos would follow........ So yeah, these getting wide spread scared me.

I love that joke.

Sign in to follow this