NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

The Second Half of 2018 Switch Lineup

45 minutes ago, Pestneb said:

Anyway, glad the switch seems to be getting on healthily and is doing better than the switch, hopefully I will be able to get one in the near future :)

Wow, the switch is doing so well, it's outselling itself!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 2

I guess that shows another reason I've not gotten a switch.. for me, the switch doesn't differentiate itself (positively) from the Wii U enough to warrant a purchase. In fact, with it's web browser, the Wii U is actually a superior console... the switch's main draw is that I could use the game pad anywhere in my house... but without a web browser, I'd only be using it docked anyway :/

Still, I'm happy enough Nintendo is experiencing a greater degree of success with the switch!

1 hour ago, Pestneb said:

for me, the switch doesn't differentiate itself (positively) from the Wii U enough to warrant a purchase.

Surprising to hear you say that. For me, hardware wise it's obviously much more appealing (lack of web browser apart but I just use my phone or iPad for that) and software wise, there's just no comeptition...

Switch is currently on pace to reach 1,000 games by the end of this year (Dec 31st, 2018).
It took Wii U over five years to accumulate over 750+ games.
3DS accumulated 1304 games over the course of 7 years.

In 16 months it's accumulated an amazing library of games, first party, third party and indie.

I want at least half the games on that list, in particular, Mario Party, Tales of Vesperia DE and The World Ends With You.

I love my Switch <3

Edited by Emerald Emblem

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Surprising to hear you say that. For me, hardware wise it's obviously much more appealing (lack of web browser apart but I just use my phone or iPad for that) and software wise, there's just no comeptition...

Switch is currently on pace to reach 1,000 games by the end of this year (Dec 31st, 2018).
It took Wii U over five years to accumulate over 750+ games.
3DS accumulated 1304 games over the course of 7 years.

In 16 months it's accumulated an amazing library of games, first party, third party and indie.

If I had no Wii U and walked into a shop selling a Wii U for £200 with a game and a switch for £300 with a game, I would choose the switch with no hesitation. so sure I agree, but the fact I own a Wii U means that most of the appealing switch library is already owned by me on the Wii U.

I've been buying the few Wii U ports that are present with the intention I don't have to switch on that shitty console ever again.

Those that are complaining about the ports - they're not that many. Every other console has ports of its games from previous generations. Seems to be the done thing now. It has always been the case too. I remember playing Sonic Jam on the Saturn (the games contained ports of the Mega Drive Sonic games).

Also, it is making me smile people not interested in Switch as it has games that the other systems have. Yes, it has both the excellent 1st party quality that it expected together with 3rd party games. I remember last generation the complaints about a lack of games for Wii U. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Blade said:

Also, it is making me smile people not interested in Switch as it has games that the other systems have. Yes, it has both the excellent 1st party quality that it expected together with 3rd party games. I remember last generation the complaints about a lack of games for Wii U. 

I think it's more that they have other consoles and would rather buy the games for that (probably cheaper, better online and run better) than pick up the Switch version. It's why you see a lot of people not impressed by the line up because the Switch isn't their first choice console and is more of a secondary piece of hardware.

Personally, i'm pretty happy with the line up for the rest of the year. Not to mention I still have things like the Splatoon DLC, Mario and Rabbids DLC and Hollow Knight to play through.

The things i'm looking to buy are the Megaman X Collections, Crossing Souls, Go Vacation, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Blade Strangers, Little Dragons Cafe, Xenoblade DLC, Dragon Ball FighterZ, FIFA 19, Starlink, Mega Man 11, Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let's Go and Smash Bros Ultimate. That's a crazy amount of games to be playing before the end of the year and, as I mentioned in the opening post, that's just the things we actually know of and have solid dates for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think it's more that they have other consoles and would rather buy the games for that (probably cheaper, better online and run better) than pick up the Switch version. It's why you see a lot of people not impressed by the line up because the Switch isn't their first choice console and is more of a secondary piece of hardware.

Personally, i'm pretty happy with the line up for the rest of the year. Not to mention I still have things like the Splatoon DLC, Mario and Rabbids DLC and Hollow Knight to play through.

The things i'm looking to buy are the Megaman X Collections, Crossing Souls, Go Vacation, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Blade Strangers, Little Dragons Cafe, Xenoblade DLC, Dragon Ball FighterZ, FIFA 19, Starlink, Mega Man 11, Super Mario Party, Pokemon Let's Go and Smash Bros Ultimate. That's a crazy amount of games to be playing before the end of the year and, as I mentioned in the opening post, that's just the things we actually know of and have solid dates for.

I'm glad you're going back to Hollow Knight, I think it's a genuinely incredible game. I keep thinking back to my time with it, so good.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm glad you're going back to Hollow Knight, I think it's a genuinely incredible game. I keep thinking back to my time with it, so good.

It didn't grab me at first but I'm still willing to give it another shot at some point.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It didn't grab me at first but I'm still willing to give it another shot at some point.

It's a pretty common complaint people have, of it not impressing in the first few hours. I was the same, but hour 5 - 50.... :bowdown:

Just now, Ronnie said:

It's a pretty common complaint people have, of it not impressing in the first few hours. I was the same, but hour 5 - 50.... :bowdown:

The size of it and the length of time it takes to complete is a big issue of mine. I'm not a big fan of the genre and prefer much smaller experiences when it comes to Metroid style games. I'll really have to be in the right mindset before I tackle it.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The size of it and the length of time it takes to complete is a big issue of mine. I'm not a big fan of the genre and prefer much smaller experiences when it comes to Metroid style games. I'll really have to be in the right mindset before I tackle it.

Out of interest, have you played Teslagrad? It's like a bite sized Metroidvania type title.

1 hour ago, Goron_3 said:

Out of interest, have you played Teslagrad? It's like a bite sized Metroidvania type title.

Yup. I played a while back on the PS4 and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Update to add / edit some titles.

August

02-08-2018    Iconoclasts
02-08-2018    Picross S2
02-08-2018    Salt & Sanctuary
07-08-2018    Overcooked 2
07-08-2018    Flipping Death
07-08-2018    Dead Cells
09-08-2018    Okami
14-08-2018    Cosmic Star Heroine
15-08-2018    State of Mind
14-08-2018    2064: Read Only Memories INTEGRAL
28-08-2018    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
28-08-2018    Blade Strangers
28-08-2018    De Blob 2

September

07-09-2018    SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
14-09-2018    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna - The Golden Country
21-09-2018    Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
25-09-2018    Valkyria Chronicles 4
28-09-2018    FIFA 2019
28-09-2018    Dragonball Fighter Z

October

02-10-2018    Megaman 11
05-10-2018    Super mario Party
12-10-2018    Disgaea 1 Complete
16-10-2018    Starlink: Battle for Atlas

November

02-11-2018    Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun!
16-11-2018    Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!
16-11-2018    Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

December

07-12-2018    Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

"Summer"

Firewatch
Dark Souls
Fuze4
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Little Dragons café

"Autumn"

Arena of Valor
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Ark Survival Evolved
The world ends with you - Final Remix
Gal Metal

"Holiday / Winter"

Killer Queen Black
Pillars Of Eternity II: Deadfire
Dragon Marked for Death
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

"2018"

Wargroove
No more Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Super Meat Boy Forever
The Messenger
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Decay of Logos
Moonlighter

Edited by Sméagol

Just Iconoclasts, Picross, Overcooked, Flipping Death, Dead Cells, Okami for me in August then. Oh and Mario Rabbids DLC and Bomb Chicken. :indeed:

Nothing for me in September though so will probably spend it with the PS4 and Spiderman. Assuming Nintendo doesn't have anything up its sleeve for their online service.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Nothing for me in September though 

No Valkyria Chronicles? Anyway, August once looked like September and October look now, so I don't want to know how September looks next month.

Of that list I'll look into getting:

August

02-08-2018    Iconoclasts
07-08-2018    Dead Cells
28-08-2018    Blade Strangers

September

14-09-2018    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Torna - The Golden Country

November

16-11-2018    Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!

December

07-12-2018    Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

"Summer"

Firewatch
Dark Souls
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

"Holiday / Winter"

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition

"2018"

Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Moonlighter

So yeah, it'll be a busy year if I decide to get all of them! The italic ones are the ones I'll definitely get.

Sign in to follow this