NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Mercenary Kings: Reloaded

I ranked up again and now have access to even more powerful weapons, unfortunately though, none of them look like a cat. :shakehead:heh: Dilemma. Reckon I will need upgrade too, as some of the missions are getting pretty tough now! 

@Hero-of-Time, if you’re up for some co-op later on today I plan to go online for a bit between 17:00 and 19:00, possibly after the MK League too.

55 minutes ago, bob said:

Does this have local co-op?

Yep, 4 player split-screen or local wireless.

• Like 2

Hahaha! Oh man, that was hilarious. :laughing:

@Hero-of-Time, classic stuff. Cheers for the help, I quite literally wouldn’t have made it without you. :heh: 

Also, that section with the electric platforming sections... comedy gold. :D Shame this game doesn’t support Switch video recording. 

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 1

Damn, the effects of lag on this can be catastrophic! :o Other players and enemies jumping all over the shop. :shakehead Also, probably not a great idea to try high rank missions with low rank randoms, as the difficulty seems scaled to the number of players, and they blatantly don’t have the right gear for the job. :heh: 

Good fun though, @Hero-of-Time. I’ll need to take a proper look through the new weapons and stuff before attempting some of these tougher missions again. :) 

Loving this tune BTW:

:cool: 

Edited by RedShell
  • Like 1

I had an absolute blast on this with @RedShell yesterday evening. There were so many funny moments. We made some really good progress on the game. I bet those lower ranked players were loving all the high end loot they were getting! :D 

8 hours ago, RedShell said:

I’ll need to take a proper look through the new weapons and stuff before attempting some of these tougher missions again. :) 

Yeah, I need to sit down and work out what gun to make next. My armour is fine but i'm still rocking the old toilet gun and the damage output just isn't enough for these higher level missions. It's why I finished playing when I did. Granted, it was getting late but I figured that boss we fought could do with being tackled with a better gun. 

• Like 2

Played the first mission just now. 

Seems fun. I hope my best mate was subscribed to PS+ back in the day so we can play this together :D 

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Played the first mission just now. 

Seems fun. I hope my best mate was subscribed to PS+ back in the day so we can play this together :D 

Have you tried playing with randoms? I'm just wondering how strong the online community is on the PS4 version.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Have you tried playing with randoms? I'm just wondering how strong the online community is on the PS4 version.

Not yet. Will get back to you once I have.

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks non-existent, unless I'm doing something wrong?

I set my game to "public" which means people can join whenever they want, i.e. when I'm at camp?

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Looks non-existent, unless I'm doing something wrong?

I set my game to "public" which means people can join whenever they want, i.e. when I'm at camp?

Yeah. People should be able to join you if you have it set to public. 

I got myself a better gun and ranked up after defeating the boss. 

Im on playing with some guy at the moment and the thieving gypsy went and stole my medi packs when I dropped them to pick up some C4. It's just like MH where players nick your potions!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I got myself a better gun and ranked up after defeating the boss. 

Im on playing with some guy at the moment and the thieving gypsy went and stole my medi packs when I dropped them to pick up some C4. It's just like MH where players nick your potions!

I got a new gun made up too, but not had a chance to take on the boss yet. Gonna jump on in a few minutes though, so if you’re still about and fancy helping out, feel free to join.

Great session on this tonight, @Hero-of-Time! :cool: Some very unexpected moments too...

Spoiler

Like at the end of one of the missions where everyone had disappeared from camp, and there was suddenly another boss fight! :D 

That computer boss was pretty awesome too, love that moment when we twigged about shooting the roof. :laughing: 

But did the bionic mod NPC disappear from your game also? I did the rescue mission again after you left, but nothing. :hmm: Did a quick search online and there’s quite a few results about it, hope it ain’t glitched. :shakehead 

*EDIT*

Nevermind, she’s back now. Phew! Thought I was gonna be stuck with the same mods for the rest of the game. :heh: 

BTW, was checking out the new weapons...

Spoiler

The Sword of Omens is in the game! :yay:

Edited by RedShell
  • Haha 1

Yeah, those boss fights were hilarious.

Spoiler

The one at the base camp completely threw me off. I was busy using my phone after finishing the previous stage and once I skipped all the dialogue I was then thrown into a fight. :D 

The tiny computer fight was great. It took a while to nail it but once we figured out its weakness were its eyes we sorted it. It also took a while to figure out the pattern of its attacks. I thought it was random until I started noticing the lights in the background. Great boss fight.

Sorry for leaving so abruptly. The game done another hard crash on me ( 3rd of the evening ) and I figured I would just call it there.

I've just defeated the final boss and the credits have now rolled.

Spoiler

Great game, especially if you enjoy loot based games. I'm very happy RedShell took a chance on this and then let me know about. 

There's still plenty of missions to crack on with, so my time with the game has not yet come to an end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, those boss fights were hilarious.

Fights (Reveal hidden contents)

The one at the base camp completely threw me off. I was busy using my phone after finishing the previous stage and once I skipped all the dialogue I was then thrown into a fight. :D 

The tiny computer fight was great. It took a while to nail it but once we figured out its weakness were its eyes we sorted it. It also took a while to figure out the pattern of its attacks. I thought it was random until I started noticing the lights in the background. Great boss fight.

Sorry for leaving so abruptly. The game done another hard crash on me ( 3rd of the evening ) and I figured I would just call it there.

No probs.

Actually the game has crashed on me quite a few times as well, more so than any other Switch game I reckon. But I belive it’s a pretty small dev team that worked on the game, so gotta cut ‘em some slack. :hehe: 

BTW, had you been checking out the hunting grounds while ranking up?

Spoiler

It expands over time and the final area which opens up is pretty fun. Also a few new weapon parts to obtain there.

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've just defeated the final boss and the credits have now rolled.

End Screen (Reveal hidden contents)

Great game, especially if you enjoy loot based games. I'm very happy RedShell took a chance on this and then let me know about. 

There's still plenty of missions to crack on with, so my time with the game has not yet come to an end.

Glad you enjoyed it. You’ve also pointed me the direction of many entertaining games over the years, so glad that I could return the favour. :) 

Nah, I hadn't been checking the hunting grounds. I popped in there once and that was it. Is it worth checking out?

As well as the sword you pointed out, I see you can get a lightsaber and He-Man's sword! I need to make all of those. :D 

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah, I hadn't been checking the hunting grounds. I popped in there once and that was it. Is it worth checking out?

Spoiler

Yeah, it’s a nice little easter egg (at the very end of the map) plus you can collect parts for an additional gun.

• Thanks 1

Just did the final boss myself, had to do it twice actually as it crashed during the ending. :heh: Yeah, the stability of this game (or rather, the lack of it at times) is definitely the worst thing about it, so strange. :blank: 

Anyway, have unlocked a load of new skills and weapon parts now, went on a massive spending spree after the final boss. :hehe: There is just so much stuff to collect in this game though, crazy. :o 

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@RedShell Give me a shout if you wanna play sometime today or tomorrow.

Gonna be playing sporadically throughout the day (this is a nice little title to chip away at in between other stuff :hehe:) but if you’re up for a longer game later on, I can be online for a couple of hours from 5pm, and again from 8pm. :peace:

25 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Gonna be playing sporadically throughout the day (this is a nice little title to chip away at in between other stuff :hehe:) but if you’re up for a longer game later on, I can be online for a couple of hours from 5pm, and again from 8pm. :peace:

No probs. Im on now and have hosted a friends game if you want to jump in.

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No probs. Im on now and have hosted a friends game if you want to jump in.

I joined but you must be mid-mission. It’s funny though as I’m still getting the little popups every time you pick an item up. :grin:

Ah, there you are.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this