NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Warframe coming to Switch

Panic Button have been teasing their next Switch game for a few weeks and they've finally revealed what it is.

Much like Fortnite, I've never got around to trying this out on my other consoles but will certainly give it a go when it's released on Switch.

• Like 1

Hmm. I played this on PC, but it didn't have a long lasting appeal for me. I suspect I found it to grindy. That said.. It had numerous updates since the last time I played, so on the other hand I'd like to see what the game's like nowadays. I did like the movement though.

I played this a few times with @Deathjam probably, and I think someone else from the forum?

Anyway, I may be willing to give this another shot on PC, but since this is free-to-play, I'll probably join in on Switch as well.

Edit:

Original thread

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

A bunch of details have surfaced for the game.

GAME DESCRIPTION

With more than 38 million registered players worldwide, the cooperative, free-to-play hit Warframe is a third-person online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. Warframe gives players the chance to master the Warframe armor as the enigmatic Tenno, a race of ancient warriors wielding blade and gun, who are awakened from centuries of cryo-sleep by the mysterious guide, Lotus, to restore order throughout the Solar System.

NINTENDO SWITCH DETAILS

FREE: Warframe is free-to-play on Nintendo Switch and digitally downloadable.

Cooperative Four-Player Gameplay: Warframe delivers dynamic 1-4 player cooperative play on Nintendo Switch on day one.

Launch Content: Warframe launched on PC in March 2013. When Warframe arrives on Nintendo Switch November 20, it will deliver more than five years' of game content including 23 major updates, three cinematic quests, one open-world update and 36 Warframes.

All of the content up to the Mask of the Revenant update -- updates, weapons, Warframes, items, gear -- are included at Nintendo Switch launch.

The current Prime Access program will provide players with access to Mesa Prime, Mag Prime, and Chroma Prime, and will be in-line with currently running Prime programs on all other systems at launch.

Post-Launch Content: Warframe is a games-as-a-service title constantly offering regular free updates.

The open world Fortuna expansion will arrive on Nintendo Switch soon.

Garuda, the 37th Warframe, will arrive on Nintendo Switch simultaneous with the Fortuna update.

Warframe on Nintendo Switch will be in content parity with all other consoles in 2019 (exact date TBD).

Controllers, Motion Control: Warframe will support motion controls and Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers at launch. Tenno can use the classic L/R Joy-Con controllers 1) attached to the Nintendo Switch console, 2) attached to the Nintendo Switch Grip, 3) detached Joy-Con controllers, and 4) Pro Controllers. Players can customize the level of sensitivity in the menu to their liking!

Motion Controls: Motion control functionality is available at launch. All controls - mining, shooting, fishing, etc. - are motion control enabled.

Chat: Warframe provides built-in voice chat, and does not require the Nintendo Switch Online App

Cross-Play - Digital Extremes loves the idea of cross-play, but currently Warframe does not support it.

Migrating Accounts - Just like with the PS4 and Xbox One accounts, Digital Extremes will permit players to migrate their PC account to their Nintendo Switch account. This will happen during a limited time frame from day one at launch to a future date (TBD).

Storage - As a games-as-a-service title with five years' worth of content, players can download Warframe straight to their system. We recommend a 32 or 64 GB SD card, as we plan to bring more content in the future.

Always Online: Warframe is an always-online game - meaning it requires an online connection to play.

Have Fun!: Start solo and invite friends to play as you level up. We'll join you in the Origin System, Tenno!

There seems to be a staggering amount of content to the game. Apparently if you love the Monster Hunter series then you should be right at home with this. 4 player online co-op action is right up my street. 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Hmmm. Looks kinda interesting, guess I should check out some details and...

And that's a big nope from me!

Hmmm. Looks kinda interesting, guess I should check out some details and...
And that's a big nope from me!
Why?

18 minutes ago, bob said:

Why?

Games with microtransactions just completely turn me off. Haven't found one that doesn't sap the fun in some way eventually.

• Thanks 1

Apparently there's some sort of welcome pack if you download (and I assume play) before 04-12-2018.

I can't download it yet, it will have to wait until I have more space. It's not like I have nothing to play at the moment..

Not really interested in the game itself, but I'm glad to see that Panic Button seem to have done another bang up job with this port!

Now get these guys working on the likes of Resident Evil 2 Remake for Switch please!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No one playing this!? Though I don't know exactly what I'm doing, this Is an extremely engaging free game! Try it!

I do like this. It does have a lot of options, but they don't need to be explored right away.

Edited by Kounan

On 11/24/2018 at 9:36 PM, Kounan said:

I do like this. It does have a lot of options, but they don't need to be explored right away.

Yeah it is pretty deep in content...But im just happy teaming up with players and shooting stuff up

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this