NEurope
Julius

Football Season 2018/19

Solid win for England. It's just a shame the way the Cameroon players went on the way they did throughout most of the match. Absolutely disgusting behavior and awful refereeing all round. Red cards should have easily been dished out.

It was just bizarre, I think the referee decided not to give a penalty and a red card against Cameroon in the second half because it would have only caused more angry outbursts from the Cameroon players. I think their behaviour really unsettled England at the start of the second half, they were making a lot of silly errors at the back because they just weren't able to focus on the game. Fortunately they straightened themselves out as the match went on but they didn't exactly look overjoyed to be through to the QF's, they didn't really know how to react after the match because it was so weird. 

As Phil Neville said in the post match interview 'that was not football'.

Edited by killthenet

I was absolutely gutted for Japan during last nights game. There was no way they deserved to be knocked out of the tournament, especially in the manner that it happened. This whole rule of pens being given if the ball touches your hand/arm, regardless if it's intentional or not, is completely out of whack. It's happened a few times now in this World Cup and it's going to get to the point where attackers can essentially just aim for an arm of a defender rather than the goal.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

it's going to get to the point where attackers can essentially just aim for an arm of a defender rather than the goal.

Yup, next season we'll most likely see a lot more of that because the new rule allows it ::shrug: And with the VAR (which I still think is a great addition) we'll see quite the increase in penalties...

Great first half performance from England. I think it's the best the lasses have played so far in this tournament. They could have easily had a couple more. Here's hoping they don't switch off in the second half.

Great performance on the whole but still a few silly mistakes at the back that will be punished in the semi final if they make them again. Houghton is an absolute rock at the back, could have been worrying if not for her interventions. I still think England have got another gear to move up, semi final is the key game - if they can get past France or USA then they can certainly win the whole thing

• Like 1

Look who's back! 

I'm just praying that we give him the time he needs. 

• Like 1

I hope you give him time as well - not just for Frank, who is one of the more likable characters in football - but for the army of youth players you have, many of them English. Was very impressed how Frank dealt with them at Derby, so here's hoping we see similar fruits at Chelsea. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't see him lasting the whole season. Definitely way too early in his career to be managing Chelsea but when they came calling he couldn't exactly turn them down could he? I don't think Abramovich will be any more lenient with him than other managers

Ole will get the season, unless we heading for relegation. I know there's a lot of hysteria out there about the end of last season, but I put that down to half a dozen factors out of Ole's control. I can't imagine we'll win anything, but top 6 and a cup run laced with inconsistency is where I'm putting my money. And I'll be happy with that - he'll need a couple years to work with these kids, and as long as he is playing the simple high press stuff we were doing before Liverpool and half our players crocked it, then we'll be alright.

Frank? Who knows. Can never tell whether Abrahmovic has turned a corner or not.