NEurope
Julius

Football Season 2018/19

What on earth is going on with Tottenham and City's defences? 20 minutes played and there have been 5 goals. Ajax will tear apart whoever goes through if they don't get themselves organised.

Absolutely insane. I was cursing Eriksen for not getting rid of it when he had the chance, convinced Sterling's goal was legit. If Gundogan hadn't got a touch on it then it would probably still have run through for Aguero. Crazy game of football, didn't think Spurs had a chance when Aguero scored City's 4th. They'll be building a statue of Llorente's hip in North London tomorrow.

I was out tonight so didn't get a chance to watch the match. Sounds like a crazy game and what a dramatic finish with the disallowed goal. It's all set up nicely for Ajax to come in as the underdogs and swoop in for the trophy. :D 

(United were disappointing last night)

FFS aren't I a tit! I turned off the second Sterling's goal went in out of all consuming rage. Went to bed thinking city had gone through, they were going to win the whole thing and Liverpool the league, making this the worst season ever. What a lovely morning surprise.

• Haha 2

Just about calmed down by now, 24 hours after the fact..

Just an unbelievable, preposterous game. For sheer drama I think it might actually be the best match I've ever watched, compounded by the fact that I was sat in the quiet carriage of the train from London to Edinburgh watching on the spotty wifi, trying not go absolutely fucking mental when goals went in or VAR intervened. Those mental first 10 minutes, us crumbling to pieces when Sissoko went off, Llorente bundling it in against the run of play, De Bruyne and Sterling playing brilliantly, Wanyama leathering it out of play in the last ten, utter deflation when Sterling scored, and the incredible drama of the VAR decision.. incredible night.

As someone on reddit put it - imagine not being a fan of football!

• Like 2

Hopefully Sissoko's injury isn't serious, sounds like he's really important to the team.

Unfortunately Ramsey went off with a hamstring injury last night, that's probably his last ever game for Arsenal. Would've been good to see him lifting the Europa League trophy before leaving.

Pretty good results for English teams!

4 English teams
2 Spanish teams
1 German team
1 Dutch team

In the semifinals across both competitions.

I wasn't hugely optimistic going into the Everton game, so I thought we'd maybe lose 1-0 or 2-1. Was not expecting a 4-0 battering! Team were aawwwwfuuuullll. Everton completely bossed the midfield and tore our right hand side into shreds. Imo, this Everton team have talented players, but I felt that we still had enough in our squad to cause them problems. The easiest game of football that Pickford is ever going to have. Didn't have a single shot on target until the 85th or 86th minute. 

Doesn't look like anyone in the race for top 4 wants to win.

Edit: Oh, arsenal have just pulled one back though.

Only 3 game weeks left, but we don't know who the champion will be, who will qualify for the Champions League or the last team to get relegated. 

What a season.

Typical of us not to capitalise on the weekends results... shite for Hudson-Odoi for his Achilles injury. :(

Missing the game tonight to go see the Avengers. Not overly sad I'm missing it, we could get spanked.

That Chelsea result lost me £10. Damn Burnley, why couldn't they just roll over and die.

Another horrible performance. I'm seriously concerned about the club's transfer policy. What exactly do we look for when we scout or buy a player? Our players can't pass, they don't shoot, they don't move, they can't defend and they don't make others around them perform better. I look at City's squad over the last decade and you could probably count the number of flops on one hand. 

It's our simple passing and moving that annoys me. Such a lazy team. I didn't see anything today from the team that demonstrated that this is an important derby game. 

Such a marvellous thing that’s going on at our club at the minute. Always knew that we were living beyond our means during the Premier League/Europe years, but the owner we’ve had over the past few years has totally ground us into the dirt. This is what happens when chairmen are more interested in lining their own pockets than what’s best for the club. 

Sad to say, I can see it getting worse under this new ownership and am wondering if there’ll even be a club next season. 

Hi Premier League

Edited by Blade
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was appalled by the lack of sportsmanship the Leeds players showed against us this afternoon, especially Bamford's pathetic play acting that got El Ghazi sent off. Thankfully the card will most likely be rescinded so he won't be banned for the play offs but the whole saga was just so unnecessary. We're practically guaranteed to finish 5th so will be playing West Brom in the semi finals, should be an interesting tie but with the run of form we've been on I'm not scared of playing any one else. Leeds look bereft of confidence and Derby, Middlesbrough and Bristol were all well beaten by Villa in our most recent fixtures so if we make it to the final I think we have a great chance of getting promoted. 

De Gea made another mistake today that cost United a goal and probably 3pts, when is it time to drop him to the bench and give Romero a go? He seems so lacking in confidence lately and it's clearly hampering his abilities, I think I've seen him make more errors in the last couple of weeks than I have in the rest of his United career. Race for top four will undoubtedly still have plenty of twists and turns but I think Spurs are probably safe, can't imagine two of Chelsea, United and Arsenal overhauling them. As poor and uninterested as Spurs were yesterday I can't imagine them playing as poorly as that against Bournemouth and Everton and if they just pick up two draws it will probably be too much to get overtaken by a United or Arsenal side that seem to have forgotten how to win.

Next weekend is going to be interesting in the title race, I think Leicester look very capable of causing City problems on Monday night considering their pace and ability to counter attack. And Newcastle seem really confident at the moment so even with Benetiz' love for Liverpool I can see them causing them problems too. I think the best results for the neutral would be a draw between Liverpool and Newcastle & a win for Leicester - would leave both teams on 92pts separated only by goal difference.

Edited by killthenet

Are Spurs gonna "Spurs it up" right at the end yet again? Sons red card was surprising in the fact you don't expect to see him do that...But Foyths red was just unnecessary which says nothing of how Dier didn't get sent off, 3 yellow card challenges, one of which should have been a penalty, yet only got one. I honestly thought Bournemouth weren't going to score. The door has well and truly been left open for Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U. 

On 27/04/2019 at 8:20 AM, Dog-amoto said:

Such a marvellous thing that’s going on at our club at the minute. Always knew that we were living beyond our means during the Premier League/Europe years, but the owner we’ve had over the past few years has totally ground us into the dirt. This is what happens when chairmen are more interested in lining their own pockets than what’s best for the club. 

Sad to say, I can see it getting worse under this new ownership and am wondering if there’ll even be a club next season. 

Really sad to see what's going on there. Hope it works out! Crazy how unfit some people are to run/own football clubs.

14 hours ago, Happenstance said:

...Jesus Christ this season!

I had the game on live text yesterday and thought that maybe your season was over after it went 2-2. But, Origi popping up to get the winner keeps it exciting. A Monday night fixture isn't particularly great for City, but you'd still expect them to win it. Think it might be down to how much of a game Brighton give them in the last match.

Big game for Man City tomorrow night then. Can they hold their nerve?  Both them & Liverpool have ridden their luck at times this season, with yesterday just being yet another late late show!  Still, it’s incredible just how much better they have been this season then everyone else.  Over 20 points between them & they other clubs chasing European places, all of whom are doing everything possible to screw up their chances of qualifying - just crazy!

Still, gutted that Exeter missed on a chance to lose in the League 2 Play-Off Final for the 3rd year running by failing to win their final game of the season.  Another season we’ve overachieved though!