NEurope
Julius

Football Season 2018/19

So...hahaha...it just gets worse for us Chelsea fans. 

Chelsea have been banned from signing players in the next two transfer windows for breaching rules in relation to youth players, Fifa has announced.

They have also been fined 600,000 Swiss francs, while the Football Association has been fined 510,000 Swiss francs.

The ban does not prevent the release of players and will not apply to Chelsea's women's and futsal teams.

The Premier League club have been given three days to appeal against the world governing body's decision.

It comes following a Fifa investigation into the Blues' signing of foreign under-18 players, including former striker Bertrand Traore.

Based on documents from Football Leaks, French website Mediapart claimed 19 Chelsea signings had been looked at in a three year-long investigation.

Mediapart alleged that 14 of those signings were under the age of 18.

Hahahaha... 

:(

The irony being that the ban is over youth players who don’t get given a fair chance in the first team. Classic!

Perhaps this will finally force the Club to use Academy players though!

I imagine that the ban will be reduced/gotten rid of entirely through appeal.

Speaking of appeals: why is it that a club can receive a further punishment if they choose to appeal? Where is the actual logic in that? Seems incredibly unfair to me.

16 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I imagine that the ban will be reduced/gotten rid of entirely through appeal.

Speaking of appeals: why is it that a club can receive a further punishment if they choose to appeal? Where is the actual logic in that? Seems incredibly unfair to me.

In previous similar cases the following happened after appeal:

Barcelona - FIFA ruling upheld.

Real Madrid - Transfer ban and fine reduced.

Atletico Madrid - Ban upheld, fine reduced.

Its likely our ban will be upheld.

Bans can be extended after appeal if the appeals are deemed to have wasted time; when the evidence is overwhelming and there’s no real argument against it.

13 minutes ago, Kav said:

In previous similar cases the following happened after appeal:

Barcelona - FIFA ruling upheld.

Real Madrid - Transfer ban and fine reduced.

Atletico Madrid - Ban upheld, fine reduced.

Its likely our ban will be upheld.

Bans can be extended after appeal if the appeals are deemed to have wasted time; when the evidence is overwhelming and there’s no real argument against it.

Who gets to decide if it's time wasting or not? If the opportunity is there to appeal, then it's absolutely fair that a club is able to have their say and they should be able to do this in any manner that they wish. The idea of punishing a club further after an appeal is ludicrous, imo.

Guess this means that Hazard won't be transferred to Madrid as they won't be able to get a replacement. That's a plus for Chelsea, I guess. 

11 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Guess this means that Hazard won't be transferred to Madrid as they won't be able to get a replacement. That's a plus for Chelsea, I guess. 

The fact we’ve appealed means it’s almost certain the ban won’t start this summer window.

The thing is, do Chelsea sell Hazard & ageing players now and use the money to overhaul the squad, or do we risk losing Hazard on a free whilst other players are too old at a time when we can’t sign anyone..?

1 minute ago, Kav said:

The fact we’ve appealed means it’s almost certain the ban won’t start this summer window.

The thing is, do Chelsea sell Hazard & ageing players now and use the money to overhaul the squad, or do we risk losing Hazard on a free whilst other players are too old at a time when we can’t sign anyone..?

Really? But there's tons of time between now and the Summer window...Surely the appeal can get sorted out quickly for the ban to come in place for this Summer's window.
If the ban doesn't start this Summer window, then Chelsea can just go out and stock up on loads of players. It just seems really silly and not very well thought out.
Hazard is your best player by quite some distance. Sure, they could sell him now and get the money to use on other players, but really Chelsea need to be tying him down to a longer deal and bringing players in to work alongside Hazard. There are several others who do need moving on, but Hazard is essential, imo.

Guaranteed Chelsea won’t serve an actual ban. It’ll get reduced in the appeal. 

Not like they’ve not got a pool of 41 loan players who could bail them out anyway..

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Hazard is your best player by quite some distance. Sure, they could sell him now and get the money to use on other players, but really Chelsea need to be tying him down to a longer deal and bringing players in to work alongside Hazard. There are several others who do need moving on, but Hazard is essential, imo.

It’s whether Hazard wants to stay or go to Madrid though. I’d love him to stay but he may well not sign a deal and then we lose him on a free next summer.

21 hours ago, Ramar said:

Guaranteed Chelsea won’t serve an actual ban. It’ll get reduced in the appeal. 

Not like they’ve not got a pool of 41 loan players who could bail them out anyway..

The number of players that they have out on loan is staggering. I'm not a fan of the way that they abuse this system and it actually weakens the league as a whole, in my opinion. Wonder if anything will ever be done about it.

21 hours ago, Kav said:

It’s whether Hazard wants to stay or go to Madrid though. I’d love him to stay but he may well not sign a deal and then we lose him on a free next summer.

If he wants to leave (which I think he does) because he wants to play abroad or if he wants to be competing for trophies, such as the Champions League, then Chelsea will have to offer him a huuuuge deal to keep him. They won't lose him on a free because...that's a very Arsenal thing to do. He'll either go this season, or they'll get him to sign a big deal and he'll go later on. They won't lose a player of his quality for free. 

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Lot of injuries in this Man U v Liverpool match.

It's crazy. Thought Robertson was going to come off as he took a tumble. Never seen a game like this!

No subs in this second half...I still fancy us to nick a goal from a corner or something. Orrrrr, it'll be settled by a deflected effort, or something daft like that. It's that kind of game. 

5 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

It's crazy. Thought Robertson was going to come off as he took a tumble. Never seen a game like this!

No subs in this second half...I still fancy us to nick a goal from a corner or something. Orrrrr, it'll be settled by a deflected effort, or something daft like that. It's that kind of game. 

Yeah I feel like Liverpool are playing well but not necessarily feeling like scoring. We'll see how the second half goes.

34 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah I feel like Liverpool are playing well but not necessarily feeling like scoring. We'll see how the second half goes.

Even if United go on to lose this game, they've done ok considering the circumstances. We are definitely in this game.

Both teams defended really well. Shaw or Lindelöf for man of the match. Overall, a 0-0 is probably about right, as there weren't really that many chances created by either side. The messy first half substitutions pretty much took all of the flow out of the game. Would have loved a last minute United winner, but it wasn't to be. 
Not really enough from the attacking players today, from both sides. Liverpool did well to come away without a loss, but I don't think they did enough to win it either. Over the course of the season, that point may prove to be important. 

1 minute ago, Mandalore said:

Ridiculous ending to the League Cup Final. I wonder if Sarri just quit. 

Most exciting thing to happen in that dire game.

Disgraceful from Kepa. If the manager says that you're coming off, you're coming off. Hope the club takes action against him and that the higher-ups in Chelsea support Sarri on this one.

Didn't watch the match, but congratulations to Chelsea for the cup!f6f431db276043018576ba0a56824f14.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Spurs being Spurs.

After the past month or two I didn’t expect the last two games to play out the way they did but I’m glad we appear to have a bit more fight about ourselves once more!

Massive result for United. 5 of our starting front 6 out, away on a week night at one of the best home supports in the league, against a really classy Hodgson side (he's really redeemed himself in my eyes following THAT summer). Solskjaer puts the kids in (Dalot 19, McTominay 22) and they are not phased at all, they just get the job done. Despite some good Palace pressure after their goal (which was the one big brainfart from us), we ended the game having conceded only one goal on target, the same as v Liverpool. I don't know who is organising the defence in the management team but they're doing a bloody good job.

Special shout-outs for James Garner's debut (hopefully he'll play Saturday since I'll be in attendance), and Luke Shaw who was and has generally been magnificent since Ole has come in. Coming back from that leg break when many had given up on him and continuing to improve is just great to see, and a great run & assist to add to the highlight reel.

• Like 1

The dream is dead, after 28 Premier League games without a draw this season Tottenham have finally been involved in a stalemate. Lloris had the opportunity to keep the run going by letting Aubameyang score a late penalty but he lost his nerve and decided to dive the right way.

• Haha 1

What a game to visit Old Trafford. I knew we'd win even when we were down - it's a confidence I haven't felt since the Fergie days. Everything about the club and supporting it is a world away from what it was like under Mouriniho. 

If you haven't seen Pereira's goal I insist you seek it out - are their any better first goals anyone can think of? Martial's maybe.

• Like 1

I made a prediction back in January that United would finish third and Arsenal fourth. Looking more and more likely with every game. Spurs falling apart, Chelsea nowhere.

Still too tight to call between the top two but I have a horrible feeling City will nick it in the final game or 2.

Edited by Nicktendo

It was a fantastic and very open game. I have to feel a little for Southampton because they did deserve to come away with something, but I thought United's attacking play in the second half was very good. Pereira looks like a good player and I loved Dalot's contributions in the second half. A lot of quality goals in the game and it surely has to go down as a Premier League classic. Can see them replaying that one on tv/internet for a long time. :D 

I'm worried about the amount of injuries we seem to be picking up. Martial, Mata, Herrera, Sanchez, Lingard. They're all our attacking players, too. I made a little prediction with @Eenuh a while ago that Lukaku would go through a slump but would then re-find his form in the final part of the season. Hope he hits it now! Yesterday was a good indication.