NEurope
Julius

Football Season 2018/19

3 hours ago, Charlie said:

What's the code to join?

I've quoted @Space's original post below.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, Space said:

Love the high press.

By the way, have set up an N-Europe fantasy football league should anyone want to join! The code is:

1151543-375779

If one already has been renewed from previous years please let me know the details.

I've been enjoying it, so far. There's an app that you can download for it too, which is pretty great and makes it really simply to see how your players have done, where you are in the league, as well as switching out players and making transfers. Would recommend.

Who knew there were so few players in the Premier League called Bob? Makes picking a fantasy team really difficult.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:50 PM, Fierce_LiNk said:

I've quoted @Space's original post below.

I've been enjoying it, so far. There's an app that you can download for it too, which is pretty great and makes it really simply to see how your players have done, where you are in the league, as well as switching out players and making transfers. Would recommend.

Thanks, I've got a team and the app already so may as well join the league too.

My team are pretty crap so far. For some reason Bellerin was only given 1 assist this weekend when all match reports say he got 2. Pretty ragin' about that.

The Champions League group stage draw just took place; here are the groups, with English teams underlined:

Group A

• Atlético Madrid

• Borussia Dortmund

• AS Monaco

• Club Brugge KV

Group B

• FC Barcelona

Tottenham Hotspur

• PSV Eindhoven

• Inter Milan

Group C

• Paris Saint-Germain

• Napoli SSC

Liverpool FC

• Red Star Belgrade

Group D

• Lokomotiv Moscow

• FC Porto

• FC Schalke 04

• Galatasaray S.K.

Group E

• Bayern Munich

• S.L. Benfica

• AFC Ajax

• AEK Athens

Group F

Manchester City

• Shakhtar Donetsk

• Olympique Lyonnais 

• 1899 Hoffenheim

Group G

• Real Madrid

• AS Roma

• CSKA Moscow

• Viktoria Plzen

Group H

• Juventus F.C.

Manchester United

• Valencia CF

• BSC Young Boys

Groups A, B, C and H in particular look very competitive, which should make for a great group stage.

Edited by Julius Caesar

Tasty Champions League groups. Think United will get through theirs, but maybe not as group winners. We'll see! Hoping for a better result this weekend. Think we'll get a 2-0 with Lukaku getting both goals.

I'm following the Leicester/Liverpool game, mainly because I've got 3 Liverpool players in my Fantasy team. Annoyed that Keita is benched! @Eenuh has Vardy in her squad and she was pissed when he got red carded the other week. Think Leicester will miss him big time today and I can't see them scoring without him, bar a set piece or something.

Thinking of getting some tickets to one of Cardiff City's home matches, but I've never been to a game before. How do I got about buying tickets and is there such a thing as neutral tickets or do you need to pick a team to support?

I know that United have been a bit shit (I use "a bit" lightly), but Luke Shaw has made a very good start to this season. I like what I see of him. Hope it comes off for him.

Tasty Champions League groups. Think United will get through theirs, but maybe not as group winners. We'll see! Hoping for a better result this weekend. Think we'll get a 2-0 with Lukaku getting both goals.
I hope you put money on that...

1 minute ago, bob said:
On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 10:06 PM, Fierce_LiNk said:

I hope you put money on that...

I've never put a bet on anything in my life. Maybe I should have this time around. :laughing:

Burnley were awwwwwwfuuuul today. They made us look good! United should have scored about 7 or 8 and Lukaku will be kicking himself for not getting his hat-trick today. 

Referee was useless for both sides. Gave Burnley nothing in the first half when our defenders basically manhandled Chris Wood. In the second half, he sent off Rashford for a headbutt, which was fine, but he didn't send off Bardsley for hacking Rashford down and for his part in the incident. Should have been a red for both. Theeeen, Ben Mee should have been sent off twice. The second one was hilarious. Lukaku is going through on goal, edge of the box, then Mee launches himself to the ground and handles the ball. Clearly knocked it away so that Lukaku couldn't go through! What did the referee give? A throw-in! Didn't even get a free kick for that. :laughing:

Pogba's penalty run up is awful. He had a pretty good game, but that run up was cringeworthy. Yuck.

On 02/09/2018 at 10:40 AM, Mandalore said:

Thinking of getting some tickets to one of Cardiff City's home matches, but I've never been to a game before. How do I got about buying tickets and is there such a thing as neutral tickets or do you need to pick a team to support?

Fulham use to have a neutral area. 

If you get tickets in the Cardiff end I wouldn’t reccomend celebrating an away goal.

Edited by Ramar
  • Thanks 1

After a bit of research looks like tickets go on sale to the general public about a week before the match, if they aren't already sold out. I might try getting some tickets for when one of the big clubs like Man City or Utd visit, hopefully it'll be as entertaining as the recent Arsenal match.

Fucking typical with the Luke Shaw injury. Great idea to play internationals in the first full week of September. 

Quiet in here considering the Champions League kicked off yesterday...with some superb games. Messi’s hat trick against PSV was probably the highlight of last night: 

The talk of tonight is probably City losing to Lyon at home and Ronaldo getting a red card for, well...I’m not really sure, to be honest...on his UCL debut for Juve. I have no idea what the ref on the byline could have seen in this to warrant a red card? It’s never fun to see footballers in tears, and I can see why Ronaldo is frustrated, because we’ve seen slowed down replays and I don’t see it either. 

I have to imagine that Juve will appeal that, and I’d be surprised if an appeal ended up being unsuccessful. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

13 minutes ago, bob said:

It’s a real weird one. They show an angle in this video at 02:30 in the video below that we didn’t get to see in the other video, and it does look like he just puts his hand on his head — at worst, it seems, with a little pressure? It’s clearly the reaction of the defender and his teammates which got Ronaldo sent off.

It’s impossible to tell from the replays what exactly his intention was, because I see no malicious intent . If there was, then maybe, at a complete stretch, it’s a yellow card? It’s not like he slapped him or pushed him over, which would be much more obvious. 

I really don’t know what the ref on the byline saw, so I’d be interested in hearing what he thought he saw. There’s no way that this isn’t rescinded, though — unless it was a blatant red card (like an aggressive lunge or a slap across the face), UEFA would be shooting their ratings in the foot to not let Ronaldo return to Old Trafford. 

It's a bit like a Suarez nibble. Harmless, but taken more seriously than some challenges which could end a players career.

I was really surprised when I looked up the scores last night and saw Manchester City 2 down whilst Utd were 2 up.

Great week for United. Draw with Wolves at home, then lose against Derby in the cup, whilst having your keeper sent off, squandering a one-goal lead and a public falling out between your manager and supposed captain. 

I swear, as soon as Phil Jones stepped up to take the penalty, I knew that was that. Awful penalty. I do wonder how long this can go on.

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Great week for United. Draw with Wolves at home, then lose against Derby in the cup, whilst having your keeper sent off, squandering a one-goal lead and a public falling out between your manager and supposed captain. 

I swear, as soon as Phil Jones stepped up to take the penalty, I knew that was that. Awful penalty. I do wonder how long this can go on.

Having a tough time against two of his former players in consecutive matches will probably grind Mourinho’s gears, and I couldn’t be more happy for Lamps and Derby with this result, because it was deserved. 

I don’t know where Mourinho goes from here, because if it’s not mistakes we’re seeing out on the pitch, it’s mistakes behind-the-scenes at this point. I don’t have much hope for him being at United come Christmas.

Edited by Julius Caesar

14 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Having a tough time against two of his former players in consecutive matches will probably grind Mourinho’s gears, and I couldn’t be more happy for Lamps and Derby with this result, because it was deserved. 

I don’t know where Mourinho goes from here, because if it’s not mistakes we’re seeing out on the pitch, it’s mistakes behind-the-scenes at this point. I don’t have much hope for him being at United come Christmas.

Mourinho is past it. He loses his head and the players at every club he manages. People simply don't want to play for him.

Edited by Charlie