NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Steins;Gate Elite

Wasn't sure if this already had a thread either, can't find one, but wouldn't be surprised if the bizar semicolon use would sabotage a search.

Anyway, the remake of the famous visual novel is getting a western release. It's a great story, and this remake is completely animated, mostly re-using animation from the anime. Aparently this has been delayed until early 2019. If you've never played a typical visual novel, this is probably a great game to get in the genre.

I'm not sure if I'm getting this myself, I actually already have a collector's edition of the original English release of the original version of the game. And I prefer the original artwork. That said, I do want to see more visual novels get a western release, including the new visual novel in the same series. So I may get in afterall.

Don't think I will be getting it again, but like he says, great game to get if you're new to visual novels. I was and I loved them.

Edited by Tales

1 minute ago, Tales said:

Is this different than the PS3 version then? Just with different/new anime cutscenes, otherwise the same game?

Like he says, great game to get if you're new to visual novels. I was and I loved them.

As far as I'm aware it's the exact same game story-wise, just that all the cg artwork is replaced with animated cutscenes.

I own the series on blu ray and the first game on PC & Vita......still not watched/played it past 15 minutes maybe. Wondering if I should just wait for this new version to try again lol.

Is this is a remake of the original Vita game? I played that, got a bad ending and never got round to playing through it again. 

I'm tempted to buy this but I'm not sure if it's a sequel, remake etc :(

13 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

I'm tempted to buy this but I'm not sure if it's a sequel, remake etc :(

As far as I know, it's a remake of the original, i.e. Steins;Gate

It also comes with a Famicom-era demake of the original game if you buy it on Switch. PC users get a never-before translated version of Linear Bounded Phenogram which is a non-canon series of what-if scenarios.

Both sound really good, but I'd probably lean more towards new content. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this