NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

AI: The Somnium Files

New visual novel from the creators of the Zero games. I have never played those (yet?), though I'm pretty sure they're up my alley, so I'm looking forward to this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

from the creators of the Zero games.

Oh well, here's my money then!

25-07 worldwide release.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 2

Looking forward to this! Seems to be up the same alley as the Zero Games. Did you try those yet, @Sméagol? If you haven't yet, I can't reccomend them enough. They are incredible, and really twists and turns the plot and story all the time. I truly love them, and would love to hear your thoughts on them!

I hope there will be as many "What the hell just happened?!" moments in this as there are in the Zero games.

Didn't realise that we had a thread for this game here!

Super hyped for this one! :D Absolutely loved the Zero Escape games to bits and am thrilled to see Kotaro Uchikoshi working on something completely new and original!

BTW, has anyone else been keeping up with the incredibly bizzare ARG campaign they've had going on in the run up to its release?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYoH_UNbIKP1xnsTx9m5Gw/featured

They've got a "virtual idol" that has been uploading fake Youtube videos about this robot's life as a Youtube idol; and it seems to now be heading down some dark and twisted roads...

Here's the first video for those that haven't seen any of them!

And here's where we're at now...

Very interested to see how this ends up tying into the story of Phineas Gage as well, as the Spike Chunsoft logo animation seems to imply...

Looks like this'll be a great send off for Kotaro Uchikoshi's time at Chunsoft (for those out of the loop; he is leaving Chunsoft after finishing The Somnium Files to found his own company, alongside the creator of Danganronpa, called Too Kyo! They're working on Death March Club alongside Grounding; a team made up of former members of the Panzer Dragoon team who previously made Phantom Dust and Crimson Dragon!)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Launch trailer:

According to the E-shop, it's out 20-09, but I've got the shipping notice for my copy (CE). It's one of the 3 "big" games I chose for this month, skipping the likes of Zelda and Ni no Kuni (for now).

• Thanks 1

Received this today (.. after being shipped on Tuesday, thanks Royal mail), and I'm loving it so far. I haven't actually played the Zero games, but this game has a very similar style to Ace Attorney games, which I wasn't expecting. Both in gameplay and overal vibe. Loving the characters and humour as well. Your character is a total perv, which leads to some interesting game descriptions.. I'll post some stuff later.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Your character is a total perv, which leads to some interesting game descriptions.. I'll post some stuff later.

This is the case for every Zero Escape game. Makes clicking on everything much more entertaining.

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Yeah, I wasn’t expecting this to be so similar to Ace Attorney.  I’m not too far into it but I’m really enjoying it so far!

Imagine Ace Attorney with the courtroom scenes swapped out for Zero escape style Escape Room sequences and you’re on the right lines.  Though unlike the escape rooms in the ZE games, these are dream sequences and so, do not subscribe to real world logic...

And yes... there is a flowchart like in the ZE games.

Edited by Dcubed

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

This is the case for every Zero Escape game. Makes clicking on everything much more entertaining.

Unfortunately I never played those, even if I was interested in them.. But while I don't want to get aheads of myself, so far it looks like I wouldn't mind a sequel of this.

I think I saw @Dcubed playing? You're probably already past it, and I suspect you've already tried, but if not, try clicking on the Receptionist in Lemniscate HQ several times.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I think I saw @Dcubed playing? You're probably already past it, and I suspect you've already tried, but if not, try clicking on the Receptionist in Lemniscate HQ several times.

We didn't see a receptionist at all, we saw something else sitting behind the desk, but it was no receptionist.

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

5 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Unfortunately I never played those, even if I was interested in them.. But while I don't want to get aheads of myself, so far it looks like I wouldn't mind a sequel of this.

Oh don’t worry, we did ;) 

We’ve played the Zero Escape games, we know what to do when it comes to perverted dialogue...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Ooh! The dream sequences actually resemble Ghost Trick! Very trippy and different, but the time mechanics are pretty reminiscent of it!

Super cool! I love them! :D Ghost Trick fans are gonna get a hell of a kick out of it!

Aaanndd, NOW it’s reminding me of Zero Escape...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

On 21/09/2019 at 9:58 PM, Dcubed said:

Ooh! The dream sequences actually resemble Ghost Trick! Very trippy and different, but the time mechanics are pretty reminiscent of it!

Super cool! I love them! :D Ghost Trick fans are gonna get a hell of a kick out of it!

Aaanndd, NOW it’s reminding me of Zero Escape...

Well I’m completely sold!

Three of my favourite series are Ace Attorney, Zero Escape and Ghost Trick. The feedback so far is that it plays a little like all three, so sounds fantastic to me! 😃

Sign in to follow this