NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

RPG Maker 1005

Brilliant!  I skipped the 3DS instalment, but I'm going to get this one.  I'd really like to be able to draw my own sprites - I don't think that's been possible before, but it'd really help make your created RPGs feel your own.

To be honest, everytime I see something like this, I get the feeling I should just get off my arse and get back into coding, and be more productive. It's why I have a preference for Petit Computer, as that one's actually more educational in that regard (as in: more focussed on the coding part of creating games). Still though, I have an inherent interest in this kind of software, but I'm not familiar with the previous versions, so I'm not familiar with the general features. That said, I see one of the new features mentioned is actually a change to javascript to whatever they were using previously, so that's already a great selling point. If the rest of the features are great as well (easy sprite creation and animation, music and sound creation etc), I'm likely to get this just for fun.

I've not played RPG Makers 1-1004, will I still be able to follow this?

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, bob said:

I've not played RPG Makers 1-1004, will I still be able to follow this?

You don't "play" it. You create your own games with it. You're also able to create standalone games created by others though a separate player (presumably a separate player that's freely downloadable in the e-shop), but they're just that: standalone. So no previous experience should be necessary, although it could be helpful to get you started.

I'm ruining your joke by giving you a serious anwser.

On 05/07/2018 at 8:06 PM, Grazza said:

Brilliant!  I skipped the 3DS instalment, but I'm going to get this one.  I'd really like to be able to draw my own sprites - I don't think that's been possible before, but it'd really help make your created RPGs feel your own.

Haven't you always been able to draw your own tilesets?

45 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Haven't you always been able to draw your own tilesets?

Although I haven't played one, what I've heard is that you could do it on PC but not the console versions.

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

Although I haven't played one, what I've heard is that you could do it on PC but not the console versions.

Stuff like that would be a dealbreaker for me.

9 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Stuff like that would be a dealbreaker for me.

It's precisely why I didn't bother with the 3DS one.

Even though I'm not such a fan of the RPG genre I have to admit I was intrigued/tempted by the 3DS version of this, I imagine I'd get much more enjoyment out of creating an RPG than I would from playing one. :hehe:

But as has been mentioned, the lack of fully customisable assets was indeed a deal-breaker. If it's the same story with this version (and unfortunately it's looking like it is :hmm:) then I'll have to give it a miss again.

Sign in to follow this