NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

FIFA World Cup: Russia 2018

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Surprised how high up Croatia are playing.

There's so much space behind. May have to revise my original scoreline because this could be a lot more than 2-1. No reason why England can't score 3 or 4.

Why didnt Kane make any attempt to get back onside after that pass went straight to Sterling?

Just now, Happenstance said:

Why didnt Kane make any attempt to get back onside after that pass went straight to Sterling?

I was expecting Sterling to have a crack at it but with his confidence it's no surprise he opted for the pass.

Lovren is such a shitbag, isn't he? Can't stand the guy. Send him off, already.

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

Yup. I wish we would sell him.

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Im sure he's never usually this bad for Liverpool. Not a great player but never seemed this shitty for us.

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. I wish we would sell him.

He's just so unlikeable and is a bit naff, tbh. Not a fan. 

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Im sure he's never usually this bad for Liverpool. Not a great player but never seemed this shitty for us.

He's about the same. :D 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

We need another before half time. We've had the lions share but we need an end product.

England really should be 2-0 with how the game has gone. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Croatia go in at half-time only 1-0 down. They've not really done much in the first half.

4 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

England really should be 2-0 with how the game has gone. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Croatia go in at half-time only 1-0 down. They've not really done much in the first half.

All it can take is one good pep talk and Croatia will be right back in it if we cant take our chances.

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

All it can take is one good pep talk and Croatia will be right back in it if we cant take our chances.

Exactly. 

I'd like to see them get rid of the ball quicker around the box. It's only a matter of time before Pickford or a defender gets caught out.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah, that's what worries me. All it takes is one corner or one freekick and Croatia are back in it. Still think they'll close this game out in the second half and there are some good options on the bench.
One thing though, they've got to stop all these risky back passes. Don't like them.

I think I've worked out the difference between this tournament and previous ones.

That damn band has gone. That stupid fucking brass band playing the exact same tune for 90 mins, droning on and on, sowing nervousness and misery.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bob said:

I think I've worked out the difference between this tournament and previous ones.

That damn band has gone. That stupid fucking brass band playing the exact same tune for 90 mins, droning on and on, sowing nervousness and misery.

Bring back those Vuvuzelas! They instilled confidence and there's no way that they would ever make one miserable! Such a pleasant sound.

• Haha 1

I have heard the drones of The Great Escape at times during this tournament so I think the band are still there, they've just thankfully been drowned out most of the time.

England need to get another, they can't rue those missed chances and let Croatia get back into it. Sterling should get in behind more in the second half so England should have more opportunities but I think they definitely need to put another one away.

13 minutes ago, killthenet said:

I have heard the drones of The Great Escape at times during this tournament so I think the band are still there, they've just thankfully been drowned out most of the time.

England need to get another, they can't rue those missed chances and let Croatia get back into it. Sterling should get in behind more in the second half so England should have more opportunities but I think they definitely need to put another one away.

I think they'll get another at around the hour mark. Croatia have started the second half well, though.

This is getting a bit like wanting Brazil to go out because of Neymar. I now want Croatia out because of Lovren :laughing:

A bit of a lull in this second half. Croatia seem to have more of the ball with England looking to get them on the break...ish. Croatia just look knackered. I think those extra times are taking their toll. Plus, there's no real pace in their side.

Sign in to follow this