NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

FIFA World Cup: Russia 2018

I don’t particularly care about England winning at this point, just Columbia losing.

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I don’t particularly care about England winning at this point, just Columbia losing.

#bringbackJapan

I actually think we'll win the shootout. I have absolutely no evidence to base that on...I just hope that there's a footballing God out there who will stop Columbia from going through. 

Ooooooooh you got so lucky there! Tense at the very end!

YEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Congrats. So happy England won and even more happy that Columbia lost. :bouncy:

• Like 1

Much harder than it needed to be, but we're through! Thank fuck for that!

HOLY SHIIIIEEEEEET!!

That penalty shootout has broken my face! I literally went numb all over and my face has only just started regaining any sort of feeling again :heh:

I was certain that I would never see England win a penalty shoot out in my lifetime, glad to say I was wrong.

England were awful for much of the second half (and for the first part of extra time) but Colombia deserved to lose on the strength of their attitude for the first 65 minutes. I've never seen a team go out with such an appalling game plan, especially when even without James they had the players to actually go out and play. England sat back too much after the Kane penalty and I thought the late equaliser would have killed their confidence completely but their performance in the second half of extra time took them into the shootout with a bit of confidence restored.

I don't know what will happen in the QF but I feel confident in saying it definitely won't go to penalties on Saturday afternoon.

I don't think England created enough during the game. There weren't that many chances had by either side, but Columbia definitely finished the second half much stronger than England and could potentially have ended up with a different result, had they not pissed about for around 70-odd minutes fouling or arguing with the refs. Purely for their antics, I'm pleased that Columbia are out and it would have been a bit shameful had they managed to get through with that kind of behaviour. I don't think England were entirely clean either, with Henderson being a bit daft at times and a few little moments of indiscipline here and there. But, they've got an amazing chance now to make this a memorable tournament. 

I'd love a Belgium/England final! 

• Like 1

Phew!!! Well again not the most convincing of England performances, especially considering how good some of the other countries look. We’re still in it though & at the end of the day, only the results matter! Our draw has been incredibly kind to us & Sweden don’t tend to play as dirty as Columbia so it should make for a better game on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I don't think England created enough during the game. There weren't that many chances had by either side, but Columbia definitely finished the second half much stronger than England and could potentially have ended up with a different result, had they not pissed about for around 70-odd minutes fouling or arguing with the refs. Purely for their antics, I'm pleased that Columbia are out and it would have been a bit shameful had they managed to get through with that kind of behaviour. I don't think England were entirely clean either, with Henderson being a bit daft at times and a few little moments of indiscipline here and there. But, they've got an amazing chance now to make this a memorable tournament. 

I'd love a Belgium/England final! 

I couldn’t agree more with everything you’ve just said! 😄👍🏻

I went straight to bed after they scored. I honestly couldn't take it. You'd think I be used to stuff like this by now, what with being a Liverpool fan. I've just woke up now and checked the score to find we actually won a penalty shoot out! 

It was clearly on my mind when I was asleep because I kept dreaming about the game and the result. 

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It was clearly on my mind when I was asleep because I kept dreaming about the game and the result. 

I dreamt about partying with the England national team. Wouldn't mind that in real life. :D

As a neutral (:() viewer this World Cup keeps on giving. Even if some matches themselves are a little boring, the drama makes up for that.

"To tell you the truth, the process leaves a lot of doubts. He only spoke English, some bias was certain. Through small calls he was pushing us [toward] our goal, that was clear for me."

Falcao, ladies and gentlemen. Yes, Geiger was horrible but accusing him of only speaking English on the pitch? What kind of stupid argument is that? :D 

Thank goodness, those fucks are eliminated from the tournament.

I will remember last night for a multitude of reasons, my niece was sick on Sunday and I appear to have caught whatever she had, felt knackered all day but just thought it was tiredness so went about my day as usual but when I got home for the Sweden game I felt completely drained and really sick. Felt like just going to bed but I stuck it out for the England game only to puke on the stairs just before Kane won the penalty.

Managed to feel a bit rejuvenated for the rest of game (though the tension during Colombia's dominance in the first period of extra time didn't help) and was amazed at how calm I felt during the penalties. The win certainly made me feel a bit better but the worst started after I went to bed, couldn't get to sleep at all and had the weirdest trains of thought, the ones that always come when you're feeling ill, and the penalties just kept running through my head. I don't think it would have felt quite so surreal if England had lost on penalties, but the combination of the sickness with the unfamiliarity of England actually winning a penalty shootout made for the weirdest sleepless night I've had in years.

Hopefully I feel all right by Saturday afternoon, I don't want me puking on the stairs to become a lucky charm.

Sign in to follow this