NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ganepark32

Hollow Knight

I've bought things from Fangamer before, they ship to the UK ok it's just there's a $18 shipping fee.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I've bought things from Fangamer before, they ship to the UK ok it's just there's a $18 shipping fee.

No import duties - if that's even a thing for you guys?

35 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

No import duties - if that's even a thing for you guys?

I’ve never had it from there but who knows

I'm in awe with this game!

With me growing older and getting more responsibilities and following other interests, gaming time becomes scarce, so whenever a game comes along and grabs my attention even when I'm not playing, I know it's something special.

I have all these things to do, but somehow I keep want to go deeper and deeper into Hollow's Nest and immerse myself in the art style and sound design!

It's amazing this only cost me 10 euros.

I think I may be 10 hours or so away from finishing up, but since the DLC is incorporated into the game there are still many more challenges ahead.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fused King said:

It's amazing this only cost me 10 euros.

Look up most Twitter replies or YouTube comments from the Hollow Knight community and one in ten is a plea to charge more for this incredible game.

Glad you're loving it, I completely agree that games you can't stop thinking about when you're not playing are a rare treat. This was definitely one of those games for me. Once you're done, look up The Superforge on Youtube, he makes some fantastic lore videos on the game, there's a ton of really subtle environmental storytelling that goes on and catching up on it legit blew my mind.

• Thanks 2

I love that feel of when you think you are stuck and you discover a whole new area.

There's no end to this incredible underground world!

• Like 1

So I went for the Hollow Knight and beat the game at 86%.

Then I went to look at some of Superforge's videos and marveled at the deep lore. 

And then I saw all these extra areas (mostly DLC) which I hadn't found yet so I'm diving right back in.

I knew the DLC was all in the game, but I don't really know how to get to it all. I think I have mostly been collecting dream essence, but still not enough to clear it, and I hadn't the foggiest how to kick off the Troupe quest, ...

My God, Team Cherry is amazing! 

The music in this game is something else entirely!

Edited by Fused King
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fused King said:

So I went for the Hollow Knight and beat the game at 86%.

Then I went to look at some of Superforge's videos and marveled at the deep lore. 

And then I saw all these extra areas (mostly DLC) which I hadn't found yet so I'm diving right back in.

I knew the DLC was all in the game, but I don't really know how to get to it all. I think I have mostly been collecting dream essence, but still not enough to clear it, and I hadn't the foggiest how to kick off the Troupe quest, ...

My God, Team Cherry is amazing! 

The music in this game is something else entirely!

Yes, yes they are.

Hopefully you got the proper ending

On 5/2/2019 at 11:30 PM, Ronnie said:

Yes, yes they are.

Hopefully you got the proper ending

See, I think I did not get the proper ending.

I had no idea there even were different endings.

I'm currently going through the Grimm DLC and also finally got all the essence so I can discover the White Castle.

I'm almost ready to leave the world of Hollow Knight and focus more on Shovel Knight. I'm also thinking of buying Celeste.

1 hour ago, Fused King said:

See, I think I did not get the proper ending.

I had no idea there even were different endings.

I'm currently going through the Grimm DLC and also finally got all the essence so I can discover the White Castle.

I'm almost ready to leave the world of Hollow Knight and focus more on Shovel Knight. I'm also thinking of buying Celeste.

I'd recommend maybe looking through a guide and getting the proper ending before you're done with the game (it has nothing to do with the DLC stuff). If I'd seen the normal ending I would have found it a really anticlimactic finish.

Does the proper ending have something to do with that flower side quest? I suppose I'd have to look at some guide, don't I.

That White Castle DLC is a motherfucking bitch by the way 😅

Just watched the Hollowknight: Silk Song again. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

Also, this franchise is definitely my favourite Metroidvania game next to Order of Eclessia!

1 hour ago, Fused King said:

Does the proper ending have something to do with that flower side quest? I suppose I'd have to look at some guide, don't I.

Nothing to do with the flower side quest. It's pretty obtuse to be honest, I looked at a guide too to know what to do.

7 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Will buy, I just hope that they get on an release the physical version straight away this time as a general release, not wait for FanGamer to release it and then release it normally mere weeks or days later.

Anyway, I'll play the first game when the general release copy arrives, which won't be long now.

Oh just a heads up: the initial run of Hollow Knight is missing some of the DLC. Something went wrong, in the US they already offered future replacements. I pre-ordered it a few days ago, but kept this in mind, and fangamer comfirmed the EU copies have the same problem, so I cancelled it. I'll order when it's "safe".

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Oh just a heads up: the initial run of Hollow Knight is missing some of the DLC. Something went wrong, in the US they already offered future replacements. I pre-ordered it a few days ago, but kept this in mind, and fangamer comfirmed the EU copies have the same problem, so I cancelled it. I'll order when it's "safe".

Thanks for the heads-up, I had no idea, I just thought all the dlc was there, especially on the EU copies which haven't even been sent out yet.

I'll have to look into this... however, when you say it's missing some of the dlc... do you mean as in, you then need to "buy it" or it's unlocked on the physical version but you need to download it? Neither option is particularly appealing, but if it's the latter option then I might be able to live with that, I wasn't intending on buying dlc that's suppose to be on the card though.

OK, that's fine then, I'll just open the UK version when it arrives and play that because if I had started the US Fangamer edition I've got then, I would have had the hassle of either missing out on the 4th dlc because of the dlc region lock, or mess around making different region accounts which I don't want to do even though it's supposed to be easy.

The dlc in quesiton is free anyway so that's fine, yes it's a bit of extra space on my SD card but it's alright and I really don't want to wait even longer because who knows how long they'll take to do the next print run? And then you've got to be sure, have some way of identifying it in case retailers don't know about it and this is after the physical versions had delays to begin with.

I'm just glad that I'll soon have a UK physical version of it :D even if it is missing the 4th free dlc, it's not ideal but it's better than playing the US version with missing dlc.

I wonder if the first batch copies will be more collectable for some bizarre reason? I wouldn't have thought so but it makes you wonder.

It's not a huge problem no, but it's not like I can't play the game right now. The cartridge is for the collection and support, but it's most useful if it's complete, so I'll wait.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I know, I'm late to the party, but I just want to echo what a great game Hollow Knight is. I've been playing it for the last couple of weeks and it easily became one of the best games I've played in a while.

I finished the game this weekend with 86% completion. I still want more, so I'm currently doing the rounds to get the percentage up, currently at 94%. I don't know if I can stomach going to the full 112%, but I still at least want to get the true ending, finish the Grimm Troupe DLC and go for all charms and grubs.

But what a game. Great atmosphere, soundtrack and it plays like a charm. The story is maybe a bit too vague and too ambitious, but I love the little bits of lore spread around. And I think MetroidVania is becoming one of my favourite genres. The whole journey of starting out helpless to becoming a powerhouse in the end feels good. I think next up is Metroid: Samus Returns. :grin:

• Like 4

Didn't realise @S.C.G had already posted this in the Game Maker's thread. Good video though, watched it shortly after posting. Hollow Knight is SUCH a good game and watching this made me appreciate it all the more so. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 2

I watched about 10 minutes of that video yesterday before deciding I had to purchase it. So holding off on the moment to avoid spoilers. I've pretty much forgotten what I'd heard anyway, which is annoying as I'm wandering a bit at the moment. The scarcity of benches is scary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

The scarcity of benches is scary.

Welcome to Hollow Knight :laughing:

The first 5 hours or so of the game can be pretty rough, you might feel you're aimlessly wandering around, but once it clicks... :heart:

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Welcome to Hollow Knight :laughing:

The first 5 hours or so of the game can be pretty rough, you might feel you're aimlessly wandering around, but once it clicks... :heart:

I feelz dat. Fuck knows how many times it took me to beat Hornet. What's making the pacing feel a bit slow for me is that you're forced to stop to heal, you can't just heal passively like collecting the purple things in Super Metroid.

1 hour ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

What's making the pacing feel a bit slow for me is that you're forced to stop to heal

That's what the whole game is based on really, finding a safe moment to heal, even in the middle of boss fights. When a boss is staggered, that's one big chance to heal, but also in between some attacks.

Some charms let you heal while moving, or heal double, or heal faster. Loads of them to tweak your play style.

On 19/04/2020 at 7:35 PM, Ronnie said:

That's what the whole game is based on really, finding a safe moment to heal, even in the middle of boss fights. When a boss is staggered, that's one big chance to heal, but also in between some attacks.

Some charms let you heal while moving, or heal double, or heal faster. Loads of them to tweak your play style.

When is a good time to go against the Dreamers? The 3 main ones. I was going to try my luck with the one in City of Tears but those guardians kept killing me so I've deferred it for the moment. 

Sign in to follow this