NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ganepark32

Hollow Knight

I've not had too much time to play the game, but I've taken out Hornet at Greenpath, and I had to fight her three times before I finally managed to get her. I really love the game! Truly a joy to play. I don't find it too hard to play yet. I struggeled against the guardian at Greenpath (the old beetle with nail and shell), but after losing to him once, I find him pretty easy now.

I know I'm really, really early in the game, but I thought it would be harder. I'm glad I'm not having a hard time with it yet, because that was one of my main concerns about the game, and probably the main reason as to why I put it off for this long.

Edited by ArtMediocre
  • Thanks 1

Oh, didn't know that was coming. Sweet. If it adds more adventures and areas, I might be in.

There's a rumoured Nintendo Direct this week (more likely than the last "rumour" apparently), so if it does happen I woudn't be surprised to see this shown off in that. Nintendo are quite happy to give triple I (ndie) games the spotlight in major Directs so maybe that'll happen here.

Edited by Ronnie

I'd completely forgotten that they were working on DLC focused on Hornet. Can't wait to see what they've got planned for it and just to be back in that world. Bring on Thursday.

Paid DLC for Hollow Knight, if it means more adventures in the world then i'm game.

11 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Looks amazing. Is this a brand new, standalone game or DLC? No release date though. Boo!

Apparently it's a full blown sequel and not just some standalone DLC.

- New Kingdom
- Over 150 new enemies
- New bosses
- Acrobatic action
- New towns
- New quests

My god it looks amazing! I was fully expecting a 10 hour or so DLC campaign but the way they're calling it sequel... wow!

Team Cherry certainly know how to craft an epic trailer.

Cannot f-ing wait.

Edited by Ronnie

Looks absolutely insanely good! I just hope it isn't as lengthy as HK as I haven't got time for that again, I think. :D

Maybe this is what has held up the physical edition of Hollow Knight? Double pack please! :D

Either way, this is great news, I'll gladly pay for both and play both once they are properly released. :peace:

Also,  pretty good that anyone who backed the game gets this for free. :)

CIzvlv5h.jpg

What. A. Game!!! I loved it all the way through. A lot of tough battles, but it was all so worth it! Now then, the real question begins... To 100% or not?

Really, really psyched that Hollow Knight Silksong just got announced too, it's gonna be an instabuy for sure! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

CIzvlv5h.jpg

What. A. Game!!! I loved it all the way through. A lot of tough battles, but it was all so worth it! Now then, the real question begins... To 100% or not?

Really, really psyched that Hollow Knight Silksong just got announced too, it's gonna be an instabuy for sure! 

100 %. It's nice to travel the world. 

• Like 1

Just made it to the final boss, haven’t beaten him yet. I’m at 70% completion - ~25 hours. Just wanted to echo the sentiment in this thread. Despite a very rocky start and a lot of frustration, I completely fell in love with this game. It is genuinely a masterpiece, especially from an audio-visual aspect. Utterly beautiful and controls like a dream. I went into this game completely blind having got it in the sale, even though I’d heard the praise directed at it. I’m annoyed with myself for letting it sit on my Switch for half a year.

It’s been a very long time since I played a Metroidvania, and this was just what I needed.  A fantastic reminder of why I love gaming. Can’t wait for Silksong.

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 2

So in the past couple of days I've beaten the final boss and upgraded a lot of stuff. Currently at 88% completion. Have one grub left to find. I've read about a "true final boss", how do I go about activating that? Do I need to finish the game 100% first. I'm assuming all the DLC stuff is what takes it up to 112?

1 minute ago, Nicktendo said:

So in the past couple of days I've beaten the final boss and upgraded a lot of stuff. Currently at 88% completion. Have one grub left to find. I've read about a "true final boss", how do I go about activating that? Do I need to finish the game 100% first. I'm assuming all the DLC stuff is what takes it up to 112?

Yes (IIRC) and yes, DLC takes the counter above 100 % (eugh).

2 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

You don't need to 100% the game to get the true final boss, there's just a couple of extra things you need to do out in the world to get to that.

Ronnie may be right. I just got to 104 % before attempting the final boss so didn't have to consider much.

Ordered the standard version on Switch, glad to own it physically! (soon) :D

That's one hell of a collector's edition, I love it! Is it available to buy in Europe? And when is it out? Team Cherry says March 12th on Twitter but on Fangamer, it's May 31st.

I don't care for physical editions of games but this one I may be tempted to buy.

Edit: Oh, the Twitter post was a tease for the reveal of it today. Makes... sense?

Edited by MindFreak

Sign in to follow this