NEurope
drahkon

DAEMON X MACHINA

This is one of several games I've pre-ordered, and I'm looking forward to it. The improvements sound great, they seem to address most issues.

But I'll stick to the regular edition for this one. I love figures, but the ones that come with limited editions are rarely good quality. Steelbook is also something I don't want. The artbook though, I love those, but.. yeah I'll skip it.

• Thanks 1

Wow a trailer for this game that doesn't have a backing track of 100 mosh pits mixed together, I'm impressed.

*tumbleweed*

Are many people still interested in this game? It seems to me like it could just be a filler release between everything else, score average reviews and sell relatively poorly.

Is this Nintendo’s Starlink of 2019?

31 minutes ago, Tim B said:

*tumbleweed*

Are many people still interested in this game? It seems to me like it could just be a filler release between everything else, score average reviews and sell relatively poorly.

Is this Nintendo’s Starlink of 2019?

I think had this released earlier in the year when there was sod all being released then the interest in it may have been higher. As it stands, it's now releasing in a very packed window. It's got competition in things like Astral Chain, Grandia HD, Mana Collection, Ni No Kuni, Link's Awakening, Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion. People are still playing through Fire Emblem and then there's those of us with multiple consoles that have things like Monster Hunter: Iceborn, Gears 5, Control and Star Wars all on the horizon.

It's a stupidly packed end of year whatever console you have and if you aren't a top tier game then sadly you are going to get lost in the crowd.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

I am looking forward to it. I just don't have a lot to say about a game that isn't out yet. I'm just "patiently waiting" for it. By that I mean I'm still playing some big games like Mario maker and mostly Fire Emblem. Astral Chain comes out in less than 2 weeks, then I'll have about 2 weeks to finish that, then I have 2 weeks to finish Daemon X Machina before Dragon Quest comes. And that's not all by a long shot. But again, i am looking forward to it, I still have some other games to buy or pre-order, but currently this and Dragon Quest are my only games pre-ordered for September.

That demo kind of soured me on the game and now I have no interest in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When is the review embargo up please?

There's no sign of this game yet in the Amazon UK Top 100, so seems it's going to need some pretty strong reviews to avoid being a commercial flop.

Embargo has been lifted and reviews are out, staying at the 5-7 / 10 it seems. They seem to address the difficulty and that much of the game is just not really that good. However, some of the boss fights are very good, it seems.

71 on Metacritic based on 26 reviews.

General consensus seems to be that the visuals are great, the storyline is very in your face and a bit meh, customisation is huge but ultimately a bit pointless, but bosses are cool. Gameplay wise it's decent but a bit repetitive.

71 on Metacritic based on 26 reviews.
General consensus seems to be that the visuals are great, the storyline is very in your face and a bit meh, customisation is huge but ultimately a bit pointless, but bosses are cool. Gameplay wise it's decent but a bit repetitive.
Did you just write an aggregate review of an aggregate review website?
  • Haha 1

If anyone has a pre-order, you might want to consider cancelling it if there’s still time. This game will be £20 or less by Xmas.

Edited by Tim B

4 hours ago, Tim B said:

If anyone has a pre-order, you might want to consider cancelling it if there’s still time. This game will be £20 or less by Xmas.

Published by Nintendo though, so I’m not too sure about that.

Those games rarely hit the bargain bin. The last one I remember was probably Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., which they literally couldn’t give away and I still never got it. :heh: 

Launched at number 19 in the UK. Was outsold by Astral Chain in its third week which is number 18.

Didn't see this coming.

It also had some other collaborations before, some mecha anime things I believe, I forgot the details.

8 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

It also had some other collaborations before, some mecha anime things I believe, I forgot the details.

Yeah, it recently had a cross over with Code Geass. Top tier anime series that has some awesome mechs in it.

I questioned if it was worth even bumping the thread for this but... Daemon X Machina is coming to Steam.

I did pick this up on the Switch, it came with a free metal display plate as a pre-order bonus... this is the most interesting thing to me about the game currently. ::shrug:

It's yet another title I want to play one day but until then... the metal plate is nice, it goes well with the Dark Souls one. :D

• Like 1

If you have an NSO subscription you can give the game a go for free until 19/09. It's also 50% off on the eShop at the moment.

I gave it a go for about an hour or so yesterday, and not sure yet what to think. There are some good bits in there, but so far it's been a bit repetitive. I picked up some new weapons though so that may mix it up a bit. Looks okay enough, and it has a lot of potential but I wonder if that ever comes to fruition. I do like the setting though, customizing a giant mech and taking that for a spin, what's not to love?

I hope to get some more hours in before the trial ends so I can decide if I want to buy it or not. Anyone here played it? What are your thoughts?