NEurope
drahkon

DAEMON X MACHINA

A brand-new, fast-paced mech action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda is coming to Nintendo Switch. Take your Arsenal, a fully customizable powered suit, out for an array of missions to surmount the enemy at all costs. Coming in 2019.

• Thanks 2

A really strong opening to the Direct.

Definitely want to know more.

The best thing out of this Direct.

Looks fucking awesome and I'm getting it.

I'll be watching this one's career with great interest...

New gameplay footage!

Looks really cool. Like a mashup of Xenoblade X and Zone of the Enders.

Art style is gorgeous, gameplay looks fun, if a bit simple. Looks like it's worth keeping an eye on :) 

Yeah, very much got a ZoE vibe off this.

I’ll try the demo and see what I think.

Need to clear space off my Switch (or get new SD card :p) but looking forward to trying this out. Since was first revealed I been looking forward to this so hope the demo keeps that hype going.

Will try it out tomorrow :)

On 2/14/2019 at 12:04 AM, Mokong said:

Will try it out tomorrow :)

Did you happen to play the demo yet, Mokong? I gave it a go last night ( still haven't finished it yet ) and the game plays a lot slower than I thought it would. I was expecting something a little more fast paced like Zone of the Enders but it doesn't seem to be like that at all.

• Sad 1

I'll elaborate later, but I liked it. Did take some getting used to, still don't know the best strategies to fight other mechs and the boss in the demo.

On 15/2/2019 at 8:39 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Did you happen to play the demo yet, Mokong? I gave it a go last night ( still haven't finished it yet ) and the game plays a lot slower than I thought it would. I was expecting something a little more fast paced like Zone of the Enders but it doesn't seem to be like that at all.

I played the first 3 levels, I enjoyed but like yourself I expected it to be faster.

I was assuming however since you can parts of your mech and increase stats it should get faster :p

But would be nice if they tweeked the base speed anyway.

I also found it a little difficult to figure out what was going on a few times, there a lot of info on screen on the HUD took me a bit to get used to it. Yet there seems to be nothing to indicate how much damage you are doing to enemies. Doesn't matter much for small drones but the bigger stuff like other mechs and the giant immortal things in 2nd level I had no sense of doing any damage to them.

Also half way through the 3rd level all the sound bar speech just stopped on me.

Must finish the demo and might try it again. I think once I get used to the controls and see how I feel then.

• Like 1

E3 Trailer (if you want a headache):

Treehouse gameplay (Part 1):

• Thanks 1

I'm still not sure what to make of this. The demo/beta they had really soured me on it. I want to like it but whether I actually will is another matter.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Haha, what is this monstrosity? :laughing:

Well I guess it doesn't look too bad, the extra bulk can't be helped. Could be useful for other games as well obviously, though it's missing some features, at least rumble.

• Haha 1

Nope, do not need, do not want. :heh:

It's a nice special edition but I'd have instant buyer's remorse knowing how much space it would take up.

Just the standard game for me, if it all, or if even at launch... we'll see.

I will probably get it as it looks cool, though I haven't even tried the demo yet and it's outdated now anyway as they've improved it since then.

3 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Just the standard game for me, if it all, or if even at launch... we'll see.

Yeah, i'm in the same boat. The first demo didn't leave a good impression at all. Plus, September is already packed, what with Link's Awakening, Gears 5, Dragon Quest XI, Monster Hunter: Iceborne and Ni No Kuni all dropping. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, i'm in the same boat. The first demo didn't leave a good impression at all. Plus, September is already packed, what with Link's Awakening, Gears 5, Dragon Quest XI, Monster Hunter: Iceborne and Ni No Kuni all dropping. 

You might have just made the decision easier for me. :D

I'm commited to buying Link's Awakening, Dragon Quest XI is something I want to experience for the first time on the Switch and I can't not get Monster Hunter: Iceborne.

Gears 5 I can take or leave because I didn't finish Gears 4... I know I should have probably got in on the Game Pass £1 deal but I like physical games so I don't think I will.

Ni No Kuni... I got around fifty hours into on the PS3 version, I've since sold all the contents of my Wizard's Edition to someone who really wanted it a while back... :) 

...all the contents except the game, which I still have plus all the familiars dlc except... my original save file is on my original PS3 which is stored away.

So i feel tied to the PS3 version really, if I even go back to it any time soon, I did enjoy it at the time, so we'll see.

But back to Daemon X Machina... it looks really cool but both time and funds are limited and this is me making a decision on a real game with all the content*.

We're pretty much spoiled for choice as gamers these days.

*as opposed to all these other free to play/feetoplay/AAAccess games etc, I don't see how anyone has time to play those let alone games which offer real value for money.

Actually, I think after writing that, I will support it but only if I can and it might not be at launch.

(another Daemon x Machina trailer to put on mute. Seriously, is the whole game going to be full of this noise?)

Edited by Ronnie