NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Super Mario Party

The Mario Party™ series is coming to the Nintendo Switch™ system with super-charged fun for everyone! The original board game style has been kicked up a notch with deeper strategic elements, like specific Dice Blocks for each character. The game also introduces all-new ways to play, including Joy-Con™ controller enabled minigames, and new modes to enjoy with family and friends. Board game play goes back to the four-player basics as you take turns and race across the board searching for Stars. You can also pair up two Nintendo Switch systems and delight in this dynamic play style, such as in the new Toad’s Rec Room mode. With new modes and new minigames coupled with original board game play, the party starts anywhere, anytime, and with all kinds of players. Super Mario Party is available October 5th!

22 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Apparently the Treehouse has just confirmed that the game has an online mode. FINALLY!!!!

Might actually buy this one now.

I'm sure I saw something about there being an online element rather than it being an online game. Think it was certain modes, maybe even games. But I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm sure I saw something about there being an online element rather than it being an online game. Think it was certain modes, maybe even games. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, it's a certain mode with a selection of a few mini games. 

Just finally got round to watching the Treehouse Live segment, it looks the tits! :D 

Can't wait! :bouncy:

The game will be getting a bundle over here in Europe but this will launch a month after the game releases...very weird.

mario-party-bundle-1.jpg

• Confused 2

New River Survival Mode revealed:

– Everyone in the same boat
– Cooperate to perform as well as possible
– Have to row together and play mini-games cooperatively
– Paddle the boat by making movements with the Joy-Con
– Top right corner of the screen shows the path of the river
– Timer in the top left corner shows how much time you have left on the river
– Hitting a balloon triggers a mini-game
– Do as well as possible in the mini-games to get extra seconds on the river
– S rank in mini-games grant the most seconds
– Intersections/different paths on the river
– In the river, you may encounter Cheep Cheep who you have to avoid
– River has other familiar faces

That first line 'Everyone in the same boat' Did they dare do THAT again....!? :eek:

I need to watch the video because I hope that doesn't mean what I think it does but I'm really afraid it does.....

-EDIT-

Watched the first few minutes and all seems to be good, there's no obligatory 'together in one vehicle' nonsense and I really like the character specific special dice they added as an alternative to your normal dice.

I'll buy this to play together with the family now!

Not gonna watch the rest of the video nor will I read anything else about this game up to its launch now, great! :)

Edited by markderoos
  • Like 1

I think this should have been called an overview trailer instead of launch trailer but whatever.

Edited by MindFreak

Yeah that is not a launch trailer at all, but does give a decent overview.

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

What's the confusion?

We've not seen those joy-con colours before. Almost like they forgot to announce a new set of colours

Oh right. I've forgotten what colours are available. The mint green isn't too bad actually. 

This seems to be getting solid reviews so far. Lots of 8s and 9s, being heralded as a return to form for the series.

There’s a deal on the bundle at Base. £89 for the game and a pair of Neon Pink/Green joycons. It doesn’t release till late November for some reason but I’ve ordered one as my near 4 year old daughter loves everything pink and will certainly want to use that joycon. She won’t be able to master a few of the minigames but I’m sure it’ll be a blast all the same and it’ll only get more fun as she gets older. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dog-amoto said:

This seems to be getting solid reviews so far. Lots of 8s and 9s, being heralded as a return to form for the series.

There’s a deal on the bundle at Base. £89 for the game and a pair of Neon Pink/Green joycons. It doesn’t release till late November for some reason but I’ve ordered one as my near 4 year old daughter loves everything pink and will certainly want to use that joycon. She won’t be able to master a few of the minigames but I’m sure it’ll be a blast all the same and it’ll only get more fun as she gets older. :D

Reminds me of them bundling in a Wii remote with Wii Play and selling both for like £10 more than the remote itself.

Yeah the combo is a good deal. The release date is weird though. 

Less than 15 minutes to go!!! I've pre-loaded on the eShop so should hopefully be playing it by 00:02 or so.

Yeah, four boards included seems a bit low. However, I think it's very likely that new boards will come as either paid or free DLC.

It does seem a low number, even with all the other modes. I'm far from a game dev, but it seems like creating more boards wouldn't be the biggest time investment for a game like this. Far easier than say creating 80 new mini games you'd have thought!

But yeah I can see them updating it with free DLC over the course of the next year. At least the core gameplay is a return to form. They were smart to not call it Mario Party 11

Edited by Ronnie

Sign in to follow this