NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Starlink: Battle for Atlas (do a barrel roll!)

While the game was first shown off last year, Switch owners were treated to something special at this years Ubisoft E3 conference.

EDIT: Delete this thread as Smeagol posted his first.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Yeah. He could have been a winner if he didn't take the time to type a spoiler directly in the title.

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Yeah. He could have been a winner if he didn't take the time to type a spoiler directly in the title.

Not a spoiler considering it had been announced already. 

Well it was a joke about your title being unnecessarily longer, but there may be some people who hadn't seen the E3 presentation and just clicked on the thread to get general new info. The way I did it they could have almost the same reaction as someone who did watch the presentation.

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Well it was a joke about your title being unnecessarily longer, but there may be some people who hadn't seen the E3 presentation and just clicked on the thread to get general new info. The way I did it they could have almost the same reaction as someone who did watch the presentation.

In that case we had better spoiler tag all the threads in the Nintendo board in case people haven't watched the Direct yet. :p 

• Weird 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

In that case we had better spoiler tag all the threads in the Nintendo board in case people haven't watched the Direct yet. :p 

It's similar to spoiling new Smash character reveals in the title. Though we barely will have that problem after this Direct. :indeed:

• Haha 1

590xX_Email_Starlink-BFA-Special-Edition-105126.jpg

Available for pre-order now on the Nintendo Store.

Is anyone buying this? The starter set is one per customer, which seems to be the only way to get the Arwing and Fox.

I like the inclusion of StarFox but... I'm just not sold on the game personally.

Plus... space issues, I really don't want to buy a special edition of any kind unless it feels worth it to me.

• Like 1

I'm tempted but will wait for reviews before deciding. Wouldn't bother with any of the toys though

I'm definitely interested but doubt I'd buy any of the toys. £70 is more reasonable than I thought but its still pretty pricey for someone who's only interested in the Star Fox stuff. I'm likely to buy it digitally if it ever goes on sale but can't imagine spending £40/£50 on it just to play the Star Fox content.

4 hours ago, killthenet said:

I'm definitely interested but doubt I'd buy any of the toys. £70 is more reasonable than I thought but its still pretty pricey for someone who's only interested in the Star Fox stuff. I'm likely to buy it digitally if it ever goes on sale but can't imagine spending £40/£50 on it just to play the Star Fox content.

I thought the Star Fox stuff just comes with the Switch version of the game? The toys are completely optional, right?

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I thought the Star Fox stuff just comes with the Switch version of the game? The toys are completely optional, right?

As far as I know the toys are optional, yes, but there's no way to buy it physically without the toys and I don't really want to spend £50 on the digital version. Unless it reviews really well I'll wait until it drops in price a bit. 

This is up for pre-order on the eShop, starting with the standard edition at an eye wateringly steep £69.99. 

Edited by killthenet

It seems to be getting pretty decent reviews, had a glance and Eurogamer seem to be the only ones being that negative on it. Still way too expensive for me to give it a go though.

Just watched the Gamexplain review, positive enough, but probably not quite enough for me to pick it up, much as I'd like to support Ubisoft. The point he was making is that this isn't a Starfox game, but the Starfox inclusion works well.

I went all in and ordered the Starfox pack all boxed up from the official store (well, it's £69.99 and includes an Arwing!) 

Got an email yesterday to say a delay in shipping, although apparently it has been dispatched this morning so we'll see, quite looking forward to it as apart from fox being in it I know absolutely nothing about the game, haven't followed it apart from seen the metacritic average, so looking forward to giving it a go! 

I watched a streamer play this earlier and I'll be honest I'm very intrigued, it's nice they haven't half assed the Starfox collab, they aren't treated like say a custom player character in a RPG. I'm very tempted, but he said if you don't care about the arwing figure the digital edition is the way to go as it has more in game content. But for £69.99 it's awful pricey.

Yeah the cutscenes with Fox and co look fantastic tbf, definitely making the Switch-exclusive content stand out.

The game itself seems to have a lot more depth and stretegy involved than I first thought.

No one's playing this game, then?

I would really like to try it out - they should release a demo of it. I don't like the dogfight parts of StarFox that much and this is apparently a bit heavy on those. But are they fun here? How are the other levels?

39 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

No one's playing this game, then?

You don't know how right you are. As far as the UK is concerned. It debuted at #14 in the UK charts. And around 80% of those sales has been the Switch version. It's a total Soul Calibur 2 situation. Except not even Star Fox can completely save this.

The demo at EGX didn't really leave me that impressed and the price is off putting. I was extremely unimpressed with the previous time they shoehorned Star Fox into a game which it didn't fit too.

Maybe I'll give it a try when the price is more reasonable.

So I blew £69.99 on the boxed version and...haven't even opened it yet 🙈

Partly because any game time I have I'm still predominantly playing Monster Hunter but also...it all just looks so pretty boxed up and untouched, I'm half wondering whether in a few years it might be worth a few Bob, especially if it hasn't been selling THAT well. 

Still really want to play the game itself, though! What a dilemma...

So I blew £69.99.

Buy a second one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

So I blew £69.99 on the boxed version and...haven't even opened it yet 🙈

Partly because any game time I have I'm still predominantly playing Monster Hunter but also...it all just looks so pretty boxed up and untouched, I'm half wondering whether in a few years it might be worth a few Bob, especially if it hasn't been selling THAT well. 

I heard from reviews that you get more in the digital version of the game than the physical so maybe it could be worth downloading the game as well..? :heh: