NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Starlink: Battle for Atlas

The toys to life space dogfighter game. Coming 16-10-2018.

Spoiler

Might have given a genuine squeak when i heard the starfox sound come through the intercom. 

Looks SO fun

• Like 1

As excited as I am for this announcement...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfcMovvW0AELSST.jpg:large

Do they have to ruin the boxart with that online banner for every Switch title which requires an additional download? :(

First they did it with Wolfenstein and now this...

Aside from boxart quibbles though, this collaboration is good news indeed. :)

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

Do they have to ruin the boxart with that online banner for every Switch title which requires an additional download? :(

Yeah, fuck those man. I'm starting to consider printing custom covers.

• Like 1

Hearing the famous Corneria radio chatter in the middle of that trailer was a big WTF moment !

Definitely peaked my interest and I think the Fox inclusion has pretty much guaranteed this'll sell best on Switch.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Hearing the famous Corneria radio chatter in the middle of that trailer was a big WTF moment !

Definitely peaked my interest and I think the Fox inclusion has pretty much guaranteed this'll sell best on Switch.

To be honest, just being on Switch is normally good enough to do that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nintendo Fan said:

That was a nice reveal. I'm in if the toys are optional.

Toys are optional.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ronnie said:

For sure. :hehe:

I was literally nodding off by that point too (after what seemed like 10 hours of pirate ship footage :heh:) but when those SNES Lylat voices kicked in I was like "Whoa!!" :o
This perfectly captures my reaction:

giphy.gif

:laughing:

• Haha 5
  • Weird 1

11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

As excited as I am for this announcement...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfcMovvW0AELSST.jpg:large

Aside from boxart quibbles though, this collaboration is good news indeed. :)

Also, it seems the file size for that "additional download" has been revealed...

15GB :blank:

I hate to say it but, I'm probably out at that... this means that the digital only version is likely close to 30GB which is a lot of space taken up by one game.

Even if you have a 200GB Micro SD card, I just keep thinking of all the other games that space could be devoted to...

...but Star Fox though. :p

I think I may have to look into this Game Archive feature the Switch has for when I finish games which are larger than 1GB.

Yeah just delete/archive the game when you're finished with it, the icon remains afterwards and obviously your save file will still be intact.

Just so you know, the phrase is 'piqued my interest', although I guess you could argue your interest has reached a peak too.
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

Just been watching this:

Man, how slow were this lot at realising it was Star Fox?! :hehe: Well, all but 1 of them.
I was practically asleep at the time but still twigged straight away. :grin:

It's interesting watching these reaction vids though, especially comparing them. They just looked confused and grossed out during some of the Sony ones. :laughing:

I saw the Starfox reveal before this main trailer. So sadly I thought this was an actual new Starfox game, not that they're going to make a small appearance in what looks like the No Man's Sky trailer of lies.

I don't think I'll be getting this. What I do want is that remixed music though.

Sign in to follow this