NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Trials Rising

Announced in the Ubi conference. Coming Feb 2019 with a vlosed Beta later this year!

Edited by Jamba
Title correction

Yeah like I said, there's a big chance I'm getting this. I don't own any of the previous games, but I played a little bit of one of them. Must have downloaded a demo on Steam or something. Anyway, I liked what little I played of it. Great combination of platforming with simple controls and slapstick humour.

31 minutes ago, drahkon said:

It's called Trials Rising, though :p

Im sure someone can sort that out :p

Ive never dipped into trials but this looks like a lot of fun. What's the usual proce point on these games? 

1 minute ago, Jamba said:

Im sure someone can sort that out :p

You can do it yourself. A little more effort when starting a new thread would be nice. :p

16 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

You can do it yourself. A little more effort when starting a new thread would be nice. :p

New forum, new features. We didnt used to be able to do that! 

Im working on my phone here... That is literally all the effort you're getting. Even less so now. 

• Weird 1

Fun little pick up and play game that'll fit very nicely on Switch. Played Fusion on PS4 and enjoyed it a lot.

Yup looking forward to this. The game features a level editor, you are able to customise your outfits and bikes, share those customisations and get rewards if people use them, and there is a co-op mode.. On a tandem.

Bought the PC version of this today and I'm really enjoying it. Nice to get back some some Trials gaming.

I'm not a massive fan of the layout of the game, especially if you have done a track already or not but the tracks themselves are still great. Lootboxes are present but I'm getting them nice and quickly through gameplay so no real complaints there either. I hear the game becomes a bit more of a grind later but for now its a lot of fun.

I picked this up last week for the PS4 and while it has been good to get back into Trials (I've lost count of how much I've played this over the years. I still remember it starting out as a game on MiniClip back in the day), I am feeling somewhat disappointed by it because of the performance and server issues. It hasn't crashes but there have been times where the game has just stopped in the middle of a track, like dead, and the murdered back to life and this has happened multiple times. The texture pop in is pretty shocking (I've just replayed Mass Effect 1 on the PS3 and some of the pop in for this game reminds me of how unoptimised that game was) and there's a bit of slowdown as well.

The biggest issues beyond that seem to be server wide as I've been unable to take on challenges/contracts because I keep getting server connection issues. I had a bug where the customisation options were pretty much useless because I couldn't equip anything as there were constant loading glitches for items, items getting duplicated as a result and actual customisations I've made with sticker to stuff getting lost (I've lost several bits of gear in the last day that I'd decked out with stickers as they're completely gone).

That's certainly put a dampened on things. I'm not enjoying the map layout for events and the general menu system is just a mess. The contracts as well as just ridiculous as I keep getting the same "do x forward flips, do y back flips and beat this time or person" and sure you can skip them but progression further in requires replaying levels with contracts to get more levels to unlock the hard level tracks and beyond and it's just poorly handled.

I'm hoping they're going to patch some of the issues out soon but Ubisoft have been quiet on reddit about things being brought up so who knows. With all that together, as much as I want to play more I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to do so. I think I'll stick to replaying Mass Effect 2 until they address some of the issues.

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this