NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (26th July 2019)

Wolfenstein: Youngblood is a brand-new co-op game unveiled at the Bethesda BE3 Showcase 2018. The game takes place in 1980, 19 years after BJ Blazkowicz ignited the second American Revolution in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood introduces the next Blazkowicz generation to the fight against the Nazis. Play as one of BJ’s twin daughters, Jess and Soph, as you search for your missing father in Nazi-occupied Paris.

@Ashley will be excited. :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1980 is basically the 70s still so it's fine. No underserved nostalgia for bad outfits. 

• Weird 1

This is one announcement from Bethesda that I'm unsure of. It kind of undermines the work in the trilogy of games so far and puts a downer on the inevitable third game focusing on the characters and the events after New Colossus, especially with this being set in the 80's. Clearly the revolution went well...

I mean it might be good, and the story hasn't exactly been amazing in the other games, but it just felt odd to announce this before the conclusion of the trilogy.

That was one hell of a trailer. Fantastic way to set up the game. I was worried how this would tie in story wise but with a third title coming, this us clearly meant to be an intermediary one to set up that final game and it looks great from that trailer. The gunplay and action has always been too notch in these newer Wolfenstein games so it was always going to look good. I just hope it coalesces better than New Colossus which didn't quite match up to New Order for me.

Game also comes with a Buddy Pass, like A Way Out did, so you can play with a friend and only need the one copy to do so. A great system and nice to see Bethesda including it here, alongside being able to play with an AI companion.

Will probably be picking this up as even with my slight disappointment in the second one, it was still a great game and I'm all for supporting the work that the devs have put in to create such a fun and engrossing set of Wolfenstein titles. And launching in July means virtually no competition so here's hoping it does well.

Sign in to follow this