NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Devil May Cry 5 (Spring 2019)

Given how quickly I've gone through the first 10 missions, I thought I'd get my playthrough done today. But these last two missions have been quite long.

Playing as Dante is awesome. Still getting used to his new moveset (i.e. his old moves which have different button inputs for whatever reason) and one new weapon, but I'm getting there. It helps that I'm playing on the easiest difficulty so I haven't had much trouble.

Can't wait to play through the entire game again as Vergil. Looking forward to how he plays :D

I've never played a Devil May Cry game before, what would you liken it to? Something like Bayonetta?

13 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

I've never played a Devil May Cry game before, what would you liken it to? Something like Bayonetta?

Yes, but Bayonetta is a poor man's Devil May Cry. If you've played the former, the latter will blow you away by how much better it is. At least DMC 3, 5 and the reboot DmC.The first game in the series is ok, but it shows its age, the fourth is meh and while I've never played DMC2 it is said to be trash.

19 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

Devil May Cry is like Bayonetta but not as good.  DMC 1, 3, 4 & 5 are still well worth your time though.

Devil May Cry is exactly the same level of good as Bayonetta.

When would you say this game ramps up? I've only done 2 missions - just beaten Goliath - and maybe it's because I haven't played a Devil May Cry game before so I may be missing out on some stuff, but it's just not clicking. Bayonetta had more freedom I felt, this is currently small corridors to groups of enemies, does it open up to some exploration?

Sign in to follow this