Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (November 15th 2019)

Yeah, okay, I get that it's May 4th, but relative to the game's release, this update feels a little on the late side to me? Even if it does look cool (albeit a little bare). 

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Start of New Franchise, EA Confirms

EA CEO Andrew Wilson confirmed that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will be the start of a new franchise, suggesting more games, including a Jedi: Fallen Order 2, are being planned. During an earnings call, EA CEO Andrew Wilson said that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is the “first title in an entirely new franchise.” This is the first official confirmation that Jedi: Fallen Order isn't a one-off adventure.

This isn’t too surprising considering the success Jedi: Fallen Order experienced critically and financially since its release. During an investor call last year, CFO Blake Jorgensen said that Jedi: Fallen Order “significantly beat our expectations”

Good news!

Seemed to sneak under the radar a bit with the Indiana Jones news today, but the next-gen update for the game is up. 

Also, went back and read some of the thoughts I and others left when this first released, and having played Demon's Souls recently, I find it hilarious just how many of my issues with this game were clearly influenced by From's games.

I hadn't played any at the time, but seriously: the lack of fast travel points to try to teach you the level layout? Falls flat because the levels are super bland by comparison (and lacks the awesome shortcuts). The enemies with their backs to you like @Hero-of-Time mentioned in one of his posts way back? Means absolutely nothing and comes across as buggy because of how harmless these enemy types are.

Sounds like I'm ragging on the game (still love those last few hours where it gets more linear and focused, best part for me by far), but yeah, now I've played a Souls game this is absolutely a Souls-lite like so many more familiar with those games were saying at launch, and it just falls flat looking back trying too hard to be like those games rather than being its own thing. No-one is playing a Respawn-developed Star Wars game for anything but a good time, so the lack of fast travel just hurts the game because that's not what anyone was hoping for. Really hope they can get that right next time around! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

I hated Demons Souls and Bloodborne but had no issues with Fallen Order. This felt so much more like it was influenced by Metroid Prime.

I was always exploring every nook and cranny so the lack of fast travel never really bothered me.

Its a shame that the PS5 upgrade isn't on par with that of the Series X but a free update, providing a solid frame rate and even a small bump in resolution, is nice enough.

Probably going to pick it up for playing on PS5 as its in the January sale on the PS store at the moment and although I've already played it through at release on the Xbox One, I've got a hankering for playing again.

Sign in to follow this