NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (November 15th 2019)

Been playing a bit more of this. Wanted to try and get it done before Christmas, but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

So far it's ok. Not great. Nothing i've played so far has grabbed me, and it's feeling like a bit of a chore right now.

Spoiler

Seems like the cinematic awesome opening level was an outlier rather than the norm. The 'training' level afterwards is very bland - a weird pillar world where the land is suspiciously divided up into platforms with deep chasms filled with fog between them. Very early 2000s platformer.

I got bored of exploring that world, and went to Zeppo (Zappo? Zeffo?) instead, which looks a bit better, but still seems like a level from Crash Bandicoot with a re-skin. What's with the weird slip 'n' slide bits that appear every so often? And the awkward swinging vines ropes across the bottomless chasms? 

I hope you get some ranged combat options soon too. It's very frustrating having to wait until a stormtrooper notices you and starts shooting at you to deflect his bolts back, or try and find a way to physically reach him. I know blasters are uncivilised, but you don't feel like a very powerful Jedi when the Stormtrooper grunts can basically jump onto a high pillar and dance around on top blowing raspberries at you, and you are unable to do anything about it.

• Haha 1

So I've reached Kashyyykkk.

The beginning where you infiltrate the AtAt walker, take it over, and start blasting the Empire is fantastic. Again, this game excels at the cinematic portions.

The rest of the level is definitely better than the first two. The addition of the force push makes the combat a bit more exciting, and the level design is a bit more interesting to explore.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this